onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

blakeman ...???

Advert

Guys were safe ***!!!! Can we just have 1 weekend without moaning.

You're right, lets celebrate what a success this season has been......management without a clue, our best players not signed up and we limped over the line in the penultimate game of the season....I'm off out on the ale to celebrate those glories....

No wonder the lad has no confidence

And that just about sums it up - people talk about him like he's an 18 or 19 year old rookie........he's 26 (that's TWENTY-SIX, in the style of the old Grandstand videprinter when an unbelievable score came up!) and has played over 160 games for us.

For Christ's sake let's use the opportunity in 10 days or so to say 'thank you and goodbye' to him and the others that have proven time and again that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

And that just about sums it up - people talk about him like he's an 18 or 19 year old rookie........he's 26 (that's TWENTY-SIX, in the style of the old Grandstand videprinter when an unbelievable score came up!) and has played over 160 games for us.

For Christ's sake let's use the opportunity in 10 days or so to say 'thank you and goodbye' to him and the others that have proven time and again that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I agree he's not good enough along with so many other players, but when he does play well he never gets praised

Blakeman just gets over excited at times, I'd prefer a commentator like that rather than one who has a deadpan voice.

Ben Williamson has done enough this year to be offered a new contract, he gives Vale options depending of the opposition/state of game. Vale also need an additional striker, someone nippy who scored goals like Tony Naylor or that Nandrolet (spelling ?) guy who looked quick and good in the air.

I'd keep Williamson. Decent rotational striker who lacks confidence and the killer instinct. Appears to have a good attitude and work-rate. I've felt sorry for him when he's played as the lone striker as he's clearly not suited to it.

I do think we should have given him a run as a winger as i do feel he would be better suited in that role

Blakeman just gets over excited at times, I'd prefer a commentator like that rather than one who has a deadpan voice.

Ben Williamson has done enough this year to be offered a new contract, he gives Vale options depending of the opposition/state of game. Vale also need an additional striker, someone nippy who scored goals like Tony Naylor or that Nandrolet (spelling ?) guy who looked quick and good in the air.

A striker who has no eye for goal is a good addition to the squad. Give me strength...

No wonder the lad has no confidence, played brilliant today but all accounts yet no one has praised him. How many is that he has set up for Pope now?

Sorry, I can assure you he didn't play brilliant today. He got in a good position on numerous occasions and on virtually every occasion turned away from goal and played the ball back to the midfielders. He had a number of opportunities with the ball at his feet to run at the opposition defence but it's as if he has some kind of mental block when he's in that position. In the second half he had the chance to shoot across the keeper but again turned away from goal. The bloke hasn't got any confidence and in that position a good seasoned striker would have had the net bulging. Sorry, I have always believed he had the potential, but he doesn't have the footballing brain power to fulfil it. If we don't want to be here next year then we need to look elsewhere.

Wow. Just wow. Not a chance in this world that Williamson deserves a contract.

Archived