onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

blakeman ...???

Advert

I can't believe some actually want Williamson to get a contract. Do we want to progress or not?

Regarding Williamson think squad not starting 11, think options for the Vale.

Against Yeovil you heard Phil Sproson say many times that they had two slow, lumbering central defenders and who were scared of the pace of Williamson and Marshall hence were playing deep giving the likes of O'Connor and Brown more space to pick a pass to the frontmen. Hence playing Williamson enabled Rob Page to dictate the tactics of the game and although Williamson didn't score he contributed to the win and the team.

Regarding Williamson think squad not starting 11, think options for the Vale.

Against Yeovil you heard Phil Sproson say many times that they had two slow, lumbering central defenders and who were scared of the pace of Williamson and Marshall hence were playing deep giving the likes of O'Connor and Brown more space to pick a pass to the frontmen. Hence playing Williamson enabled Rob Page to dictate the tactics of the game and although Williamson didn't score he contributed to the win and the team.

Yeah I agree, according to the radio he did have a good game yesterday, but he hasnt done this anywhere near regular enough for me, even as a squad player. I just think his time is up, hes had more than enough chances and I would rather see one of our pacey young lads on the bench over Williamson, or even a new back up striker that has a bit of pace.

Yeah I agree, according to the radio he did have a good game yesterday, but he hasnt done this anywhere near regular enough for me, even as a squad player. I just think his time is up, hes had more than enough chances and I would rather see one of our pacey young lads on the bench over Williamson, or even a new back up striker that has a bit of pace.

As I said before, Vale need another quality goal scoring striker to complement Pope and offer Willo a contract as well. Throw the young lads in the mix as well.

He simply cannot be offered a contract.

He has no redeeming features other than pace, and often his pace is useless as he either can't control the ball or gets out muscled.

Forget scape goat, this is a guy who has proven over 150+ games that he is not a league footballer.

Wow. Just wow. Not a chance in this world that Williamson deserves a contract.

Yes he does. Without his admittedly modest goal tally we could have gone down. He made the disallowed Tom Pope goal and the one Tom scored yesterday for example.

He may not be first choice every game, but I a player we need as one of four of five strikers to give options and play when in form or when others are out of form, injured or suspended.

Yes he does. Without his admittedly modest goal tally we could have gone down. He made the disallowed Tom Pope goal and the one Tom scored yesterday for example.

He may not be first choice every game, but I a player we need as one of four of five strikers to give options and play when in form or when others are out of form, injured or suspended.

Sorry I couldnt disagree more, he just isnt good enough, I know he played well yesterday but when was his last goal? Its time to give someone else a chance.

Or we could release him, use the wages to try another player who can control a football and just sometimes pass the ball to a vale player, who might manage to score a goal in a 20 game spell.

There is much, much better out there, potentially better in our own youth team, honestly if you offer Ben a contract then just who are you deeming surplus to requirements in this squad? Is there anyone you would release?

Ben played really well for us when Pope was out injured and many people on here stated that he'd changed their minds about him. Unfortunately, as much as I think we should want to keep him, I think he should leave as people are never going to get behind him, whatever he does. Here's a guy who has never complained, whatever you say about him always gives his all, has a thankless task pulling defences out of shape but gets slated to **** by nearly all the fans. The booing and cat calling when he was brought on against Rochdale was truly digusting and embarrassing.

If people think that we can get better for the money that Willo is on, I think they're living in dream land.

I agree that he is never going to be our main striker. I still think that he is worth having in the squad. The budget will be cut next year and Williamson, imho, is decent for a sub appearance or a start every so often against slow, cumbersome centre backs.

The problem is he doesnt do anything with his pace, the defenders soon realise hes not a threat and just let him trip over himself. If he could learn to compose himself he would be brilliant but hes had plenty of time to learn that, its just not happening is it.

Shame cos he seems a decent hard working lad but that isnt enough, on its own, to get him another contract.

As far as blakeman is concerned I wouldnt even do him the courtesy of considering his opinion. Hes best ignored.

Archived