onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rochdale 1 Port Vale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

The worrying thing is if Pope is crocked, are we pinning all our hopes on BW for the goals?

Put it like that and it's very worrying.

Next week it will be Williamson by himself and Dodds behind him. On the bench will be Campion and Daniels. Out on the wing will be Birchall and sitting on the bench two wingers. He will say they are not ready.

Sorry Mr Page, your CV is going to read a relegation from the Div 1. Next year will read relegation from Div 2 with these tactics.

Smurf, please do something to our beloved Club. He is taking it down and we are becoming the laughing stock of Stoke. Please help him, he is unable to do it himself now. He proved that tonight on RS. O Connor could not play 2 games a week. He had done it many a time during the season. If he was an animal, he would have been put down due to mental issues.

Advert

Think it will take more than 3 points at Yeovil, unfortunately. Last time I looked no team had gone down from League 1 with 48 points but this season it's going to take quite a few more, it's that tight. There are still five or six games to go and the team in 21st place is already on 46 points, two ahead of us. So I'd say we probably will need an unbelievable 54 points to avoid the drop.

According to the recent orient programme these are the points needed to avoid relegation in the last 8 seasons. So we may need at least 3/4 more points:

2014 notts county 50 points

2013 Colchester 51

2012 orient 50

2011 Walsall 48

2010 Hartlepool 50

2009 Carlisle 50

2008 Crewe 50

2007 orient 51

Although in the championship two years ago Peterborough whew relegated with 54 points!

Great post. I feel completely let down. My season ticket money is staying in the bank the way I feel at the moment. All that hard work to get to league 1 is about to be undone by a team of spineless so called professionals who are no where near fit to wear the shirt and we'll be back in the basement league once again. The slide has been alarming but I'm afraid Smurf's appointment of Page working with the dynamic duo of Grew and Glover will come back to haunt us. It was just a cheap option but it really has backfired badly.

I fear for our existence if we drop down again. After all of Smurf's promises this season has been very poor and we've gone backwards, certainly on the pitch. Crewe have done the league double over us twice and they will stay up, they always do. I can't really think of many good or enjoyable games but as a season ticket holder feel obliged to go but this football isn't going to get fans coming back.

Very very disappointing - the players and management are letting us all down badly.

I wont pay next season unless there are changes in the playing side.

When we got relegated last time it was because V2001 didn't invest in a quality loan striker for the run in.

I think Norman's decision not to bring in the loan signing might just cost him a huge Mount of money.

You don't challenge the fans to turn up on the promise of signing a quality player you sign the player first - if you have the money.

i am so worried right now even as a ST holder im considering just not attending on Saturday, its torture watching this team, its not fun, its not entertaining. norman you need to act NOW our crowds are dwindling morale is at an all time low relegation would be a disaster for this club after what has happened over the last few years.

The worrying thing is, who's going to score the goals in the next five games to keep is in this league?..

Ben Williamson will not score another goal all season. He's absolutely awful.

I'm not certain campion is the answer either but I can't understand why a striker was not signed to replace Williamson a few months ago.

Were in a right mess and think we will go down.

Page probably knows he will not get the job now, so perhaps he doesn't a give a **** what happens to the vale. He will apply for other lower league jobs in the summer and probably get one.

It's a shambles once again.

Great post. I feel completely let down. My season ticket money is staying in the bank the way I feel at the moment. All that hard work to get to league 1 is about to be undone by a team of spineless so called professionals who are no where near fit to wear the shirt and we'll be back in the basement league once again. The slide has been alarming but I'm afraid Smurf's appointment of Page working with the dynamic duo of Grew and Glover will come back to haunt us. It was just a cheap option but it really has backfired badly.

I fear for our existence if we drop down again. After all of Smurf's promises this season has been very poor and we've gone backwards, certainly on the pitch. Crewe have done the league double over us twice and they will stay up, they always do. I can't really think of many good or enjoyable games but as a season ticket holder feel obliged to go but this football isn't going to get fans coming back.

Very very disappointing - the players and management are letting us all down badly.

After their result today, I'm banking on Crewe being one of the four clubs who will prop us up and help us avoid relegation. I'm more worrried about teams like Scunthorpe who currently have 2 games in hand over us!!

It'd be marginally more tolerable if Page took a bit of responsibility for how things are going "I got the tactics wrong, I was trying for X because of Y but it didn't work". But nothing is ever his fault! "The ref added an extra 17 seconds on" - well how come we didn't have a shot on target in the preceding 94 minutes and 43 seconds? That is more likely the cause of why we lost 1-0.

As Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Page has been in charge since Sept 18th. He has had almost a season. The blame lies entirely at HIS feet, not Adams'

Who promoted page from coach to assistant manager wasn't smurf I suggest u carry on helping jacko to adjust the deck chairs as we get ever closer to the drop

Don't worry people, Page as took us from 2nd bottom to 16th..:banghead:

Where are all the people who 6/7 games ago after a run of 3 wins were stupidly claiming we had a chance of the play-offs? Objectively there was no chance of that happening then and now, with 5 matches left, 5 or 6 points should still see us stay up--let's get a bit of optimism and objectivity back!

Archived