onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rochdale 1 Port Vale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Why do people keep harping on about Rudgie. He is in the past and that is where he should stay. These are probably the same people that don't want Aspin as manager because he is an ex player. I would sooner have a committee of the current players to pick the team. The one thing I do know is that Page, Grew and Glover should go now.

I keep harping on about Rudgie but I'm also one of those who would want Aspin as a future manager. I can't think that you are really serious about having a committee of the current players, who have let us down so badly on the pitch, being in charge for the rest of the season. I would have no faith in them to pull us out of this mess. On the other hand, Rudgie, though may be in the past, has the experience to get us out of the free fall we're in and he wouldn't panic. The old dog, so to speak, might just do it. What is certain is that the odds of the inexperienced Page doing it are very long.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We will be in league 2 next season.

I am so down about everything to do with Vale. I've backed the club by buying a ST for next season and I am regretting that so much now.

Currently Vale park or watching port vale is the last place I want to be. That's not down to Smurf. That is down to page and his shambles of a management team. They haven't got a clue. But also down to the players. What an embarrassment they have been. Players like Birchall coming out and putting poor performances down to contract uncertainty. Stuff like that should drive you to play better and want it more, not play like a bunch of half arsed morons and whinge!

Drastic changes needed. All the management and 90% of the ********s that put on the shirt.

Page, just do the decent thing and **** off. Completely out of your depth, pick the same team each week and stand there in your technical area with your arms folded and fingers crossed. Mind boggling team selections and clueless tactics. Leyton Orient, Crawley, Colchester, Crewe - 4 of the bottom 6, 3 of these at home you couldn't get us a point.

Micky knew his time had come, he could do more and walked away. Smurf isn't going to sack you so just go.

It's the ridiculous excuse making that's the cherry on the top for me.

I sense a Glover-esque stubbornness to hang on to his job for as long as possible coming up. Funny how this all coincides with that joker getting near the first team again

4 goals scored in the last 6 games.

A team will not win when they don't score and the present strikers are not scoring.

The tactic of 4x4x1x1 may have something to do with it. This, especially when playing at home against poor opposition is tactical negativeness.

If a striker is not scoring he should be dropped and another player be given a chance.

Team selection and tactics have put the Vale into a serious relegation battle.

During the last 5 matches something has got to alter.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We will be in league 2 next season.

I am so down about everything to do with Vale. I've backed the club by buying a ST for next season and I am regretting that so much now.

Currently Vale park or watching port vale is the last place I want to be. That's not down to Smurf. That is down to page and his shambles of a management team. They haven't got a clue. But also down to the players. What an embarrassment they have been. Players like Birchall coming out and putting poor performances down to contract uncertainty. Stuff like that should drive you to play better and want it more, not play like a bunch of half arsed morons and whinge!

Drastic changes needed. All the management and 90% of the ********s that put on the shirt.

Great post. I feel completely let down. My season ticket money is staying in the bank the way I feel at the moment. All that hard work to get to league 1 is about to be undone by a team of spineless so called professionals who are no where near fit to wear the shirt and we'll be back in the basement league once again. The slide has been alarming but I'm afraid Smurf's appointment of Page working with the dynamic duo of Grew and Glover will come back to haunt us. It was just a cheap option but it really has backfired badly.

I fear for our existence if we drop down again. After all of Smurf's promises this season has been very poor and we've gone backwards, certainly on the pitch. Crewe have done the league double over us twice and they will stay up, they always do. I can't really think of many good or enjoyable games but as a season ticket holder feel obliged to go but this football isn't going to get fans coming back.

Very very disappointing - the players and management are letting us all down badly.

Coulibaly was the only high light of Friday night and you'd have thought he would have played some part in todays match if not started the game but absolute zilch.

O'Sullivan clears the ground with a shot and it sounded like he was at fault for their goal and gets a special mention/praise...... Monty Python sketch or what ????

Archived