onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

I'm not sure about Page anymore. When you look at the season since he took over we've had some lucky wins (Gillingham and Peterborough at home) but some dreadful performances too. We never dominate games, we'll have a 5 or 10 minute spell and that's it. We are too predictable and other managers do their homework and outthink us - look at Crawley at home as an example. The players don't seem motivated or interested to me even when we were in touching distance of the play offs. Add to that he has Grew and Glover as his sidekicks and that doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. I think people are losing interest in Port Vale and there is very little to entice the missing fans back especially with the management team that are currently in place.

Advert

I think page is the type of manager who sets the team/tactics not to lose... which is different to setting the team/tactics to win.

Not losing will get a few points but lose supporters through boredom.

Setting up to win adds excitement to the game but is risky if you dont have a solid effective defence.

Giving page till Xmas is risky, if it doesnt work out next season will be a washout and we could be looking for another savior rather than a manager... not giving him the time also has risks... smurfs decision... will he make it or just default it?... we wait and see

i don`t think you can judge a manager until he has had a t least the opportunity to shape his own squad over the end of season. i was surprised by how many poor players were retained by micky Adams last season and he realised he had messed up and left us in the lurch and it seems unfair to blame his successor.

Adams said he needed a long rest when he left us and then took the job at Tranmere after about a month, he may get his long rest after the job he has done there so far!

Not sure it's fair to fire Page, not even sure he has any control over the signings.

He has been here half a season and is new to the job. He will make mistakes and we have to accept that. Fergie did not have the best of starts with United and he had experience behind him. Give the bloke time, I did not want Page, I wanted someone experienced, but we are where we are.

Give the bloke time, If relegation is threatened next year, maybe look then, but give him chance to prove himself.

I agree,Rudgie made mistakes and those old enough to remember will know he was ONE game from the sack and the rest they say is history,sometimes you have to give a manager a bit of time and HIS OWN backroom team.

Lets not forget ONE person has been there through ALL the bad times we have had over the latter years under v2001 and during the poor defending and football under both Adams and Page now HE should be got rid of along with his buddy and being honest totally out of the club not given other rolls inside the club given their back stabbing history....so for me the title of the thread should Grew/Glover go now

Nice sentiment but the reality is quite different. We can't afford the luxury of giving a inexperienced manager time to learn on the job. Tactically and formation wise pagey has been out thought to many times already. we need a manager like Gary Johnson who would hit the ground running, have no loyalty to the current backroad staff and can start with a completely clean slate.

Johnson is going to be 60 soon and hasn't done well at all in his last two jobs so will he suffer the Adams syndrome of outdated football? I keep saying it the only choice for smurf will be Ferguson as he doesn't mind chairmen getting involved so i feel if we get rid of Page then that's who we will get

I don't understand the panic here. A few games to go. We're we ever really good enough to get into the play offs? What are people expecting to happen? Who would you get for the remainder of the season?

Why haven't we got time to have a manager learn the trade? Whats the rush? Got somewhere to be? With that kind of attitude its a wonder you haven't topped yourself because you haven't achieved millionaire status by the age of 20.

Learn some patience.

PS I agree with ^^ there has been two people at the club who have been there through the dark times (three if you count Lodey). I'd much prefer if they were got rid and Page was allowed to bring in his own bods and perhaps a professional trainer. If you look how Swindon prepared before their game they looked like a team who had focus and a method.

Clueless tactically after the sending off, in smurfs pocket with signings..... go now.

If he is in Smurf's pocket, then why would he get the sack?

I'm not sure how I feel about the situation, I get both sides of the argument. One thing I do know is all this talk about Uwe Rosler is ****ing stupid though

If he is in Smurf's pocket, then why would he get the sack?

I'm not sure how I feel about the situation, I get both sides of the argument. One thing I do know is all this talk about Uwe Rosler is ****ing stupid though

As much as I'd be interested I don't see it being realistic as his two previous jobs will have been with much bigger budgets.

I know the chairman is overly generous but I don't see him matching either of those.

I do agree with the opening post, look at the stick Adams got when we lost 6 in a row, we've now lost 5 in 6 under page yet some are shocked when he gets critiqued. Lose on Friday and it's lights out for him.

edit; at the end of the season, not sacking with 5/6 games to go. Just not to renew his contract.

i don`t think you can judge a manager until he has had a t least the opportunity to shape his own squad over the end of season. i was surprised by how many poor players were retained by micky Adams last season and he realised he had messed up and left us in the lurch and it seems unfair to blame his successor.

Adams said he needed a long rest when he left us and then took the job at Tranmere after about a month, he may get his long rest after the job he has done there so far!

Ah but bycarsrob,nobody was allowed to criticise Adams and his lazy management during the summer,didn't you know?;)

What doesn't give me any confidence is that I can't see or understand what plan Page has. What type of football he's going for - is he an Adams type who wants experienced cloggers, does he want to make us into a young footballing side? I can't see the method.

The recruitment in general has been quite baffling.

He's a nice bloke that just wants a chance but we've turned into a bit of a rag-tag, unmotivated outfit of late.

I think Pages only chance is an absolute clean sweep because the current lot don't seem to be performing for him.

It's a massive risk.

Archived