onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man loses job after punching colleague in the face.

For Us All

In modern Britain the "effeminate" culture is rife,my guess is the trendy left wing BBC couldnt wait to get rid, as many close to the story have said it could have been dealt with in house but it looks like they were just looking for an excuse.

As it happens the BBC and the taxpayer now have a £100 million hole to fill,still as the lefties are good at spending and losing money they wont lose any sleep over it.

So having a HR policy, and not tolerating violence in the workplace is now a left/right thing?

Advert

Should we have kept Dan Jones then??

Good question and no one who was present commented. Although I did notice when he played here earlier this season all the lads shook hands and didnt ignore him in fact a couple gave him a "Hug"

It always seemed strange that such a violent attack took place at the end of the season,so i guess there are two sides to every story.

No Im saying the trendy left wing BBC were looking for an excuse.

It's interesting that you pick up on the BBC being 'trendy'. I'm sure it's a valid criticism. How trendy is the corporation in your opinion?

I'm a contractor in Salford at the moment and have to cut through MediaCity most mornings. Clothes-wise I wouldn't say that the average BBC employee is any more or less trendy than anyone else, haircut-wise they are perhaps slightly above average (you usually see one or two hipster beards on the tram teamed with a side parting).

They could perhaps tone down their appearance, dress a bit more like the ITV employees over the other side of the ship canal.

Good question and no one who was present commented. Although I did notice when he played here earlier this season all the lads shook hands and didnt ignore him in fact a couple gave him a "Hug"

Fascinating. Eight months on and you make your first comment on the game v Chesterfield! So when did this love in take place because no one else appears to have seen it?!

I find it astonishing that anyone should try to excuse the behaviour of Jones in view of its consequences. I find it equally astonishing that anyone should think that not renewing the contract of a bloke who has mounted an unprovoked physical and verbal attack on a colleague is something to be condemned. What sort of message would the BBC have been giving to the victim in this affair if they had just said, "Carry on, Jeremy old mate"? Had this been his first offence, I would have sacked him. The fact that he was apparently on a final warning meant that Clarkson had given the BBC no option at all and has no one to blame but himself for what has happened.

It's interesting that you pick up on the BBC being 'trendy'. I'm sure it's a valid criticism. How trendy is the corporation in your opinion?

I'm a contractor in Salford at the moment and have to cut through MediaCity most mornings. Clothes-wise I wouldn't say that the average BBC employee is any more or less trendy than anyone else, haircut-wise they are perhaps slightly above average (you usually see one or two hipster beards on the tram teamed with a side parting).

They could perhaps tone down their appearance, dress a bit more like the ITV employees over the other side of the ship canal.

:laugh:

The BBC made the correct decision here and made a point in doing it that no matter how big an ego a celeb carries they still have bosses. Clarkson got what he deserved but I still think it's a shame 2 grown men can't have a good old punch up then just draw a line under it.

They made the decision they had to make; however it's going to be a costly one! Should have all been kept quiet rather than being leaked out to the press as per usual. Personally I'm pretty gutted, I'm one of those who like clarkson and love top gear so pretty annoyed with this news.

Clarkson is a ****.

I like watching Clarkson being a ****.

Nobody, even nobs, should be allowed hit someone. If I got hit at work I'd possibly hit them back but would then expect to get sacked as well.

BBC now have to figure out how to fill the £50m hole in their budget.

If they want to keep Top Gear or another car like programme I would get it totally changed. Everything. If they just try and replace H,M and C then it will fail. I thought TG was getting a little tired. Their best races across Europe were behind them and they've diven to the Pole... little else for them to cover. A lot of their older challenges and features were far more interesting - destroying a Hilux for instance.

I actually miss Driven (C4 equivalent which did proper road tests) and always thought Wrong Car Right Car had a good idea too - though its pretty meaningless nowadays with so many cars looking the same and mechanically the same.

Perhaps its time to go back to the roots?

Archived