onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man loses job after punching colleague in the face.

For Us All

Advert

Good riddance, he's an ignorant arrogant git! I'm sure he'll make lots more money somewhere else with his childish humour and his two similarly childish and predictable mates!

As you can see, I don't like Clarkson. :D

I think thats a bit strong, he pokes fun at things that deserve to have fun poked at them and is entertaining to many.

He is, I believe, an intelligent man and he knows exactly what hes doing when he winds people up.

He overstepped the mark here, realises he has done so and he apologised and reported the incident himself. He has rightly been sacked for it and as far as I am aware he has taken it on the chin, he isnt complaining and hasnt made any excuses for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post

I wasn't being serious. Nobody would be that stupid...

Enter Louise Mensch:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-10133601.html

Easy solutions then - That stupid cowardly tory bitch Mensch to be matched with an orang-utang in a cage for 6 days, will probably improve her ugly face, and Clarkson to be allowed one more Top Gear show for old times sake - but it has to be in Islamic State territory and he has to wear a t-shirt with a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed on it.

There's no doubt Jeremy Clarkson is an idiot at times and it's hard to dispute the outcome of this sorry event but there's also no doubting his brilliance on Top Gear and the success of the show. It's just a shame that the incident became public knowledge and it couldn't be resolved internally to the satisfaction of all parties 'cause at the end of the day it's a lose lose situation for everyone.

In all professions, exceptional gifted people need to be managed "with care" such that instances like this are proactively avoided.

There's no doubt Jeremy Clarkson is an idiot at times and it's hard to dispute the outcome of this sorry event but there's also no doubting his brilliance on Top Gear and the success of the show. It's just a shame that the incident became public knowledge and it couldn't be resolved internally to the satisfaction of all parties 'cause at the end of the day it's a lose lose situation for everyone.

In all professions, exceptional gifted people need to be managed "with care" such that instances like this are proactively avoided.

Gifted ? :shutup::mad: The word Gift when applied to this slimy moronic bigot is only meaningful when translated from German into English.

Gifted ? :shutup::mad: The word Gift when applied to this slimy moronic bigot is only meaningful when translated from German into English.

The success of Top Gear over many many years would suggest that you are wrong.

The humour is aimed at a particular audience, of mainly men, who better understand the humour involved and dont try to analyse its deeper meaning, trust me their isnt one its just blokey humour.

The same people who understand Clarksons humour probably struggle to find anything remotely entertaing about Katie Price, Kim Kardashian, strictly, im a celebrity, big brother, gypsy weddings etc etc yet there are women out there who cant miss an episode without breaking out in a cold sweat.

There are endless programmes to cater for them. Top Gear was the only programme left to amuse those if us who still have the ability to laugh at something because its funny, without analysing it first to check that we are allowed to find it so.

Different strokes etc.

The success of Top Gear over many many years would suggest that you are wrong.

The humour is aimed at a particular audience, of mainly men, who better understand the humour involved and dont try to analyse its deeper meaning, trust me their isnt one its just blokey humour.

The same people who understand Clarksons humour probably struggle to find anything remotely entertaing about Katie Price, Kim Kardashian, strictly, im a celebrity, big brother, gypsy weddings etc etc yet there are women out there who cant miss an episode without breaking out in a cold sweat.

There are endless programmes to cater for them. Top Gear was the only programme left to amuse those if us who still have the ability to laugh at something because its funny, without analysing it first to check that we are allowed to find it so.

Different strokes etc.

An interesting view, but without being antagonistic to you, aren't you just being totally sexist and stereotyping in the worst way ? Many points on it -

1 Success is no indication of merit, Hitler was very successful for quite some time, the people you mention like Katie Price are successful but still awful to many, Jimmy Savile was extremely successful, so as Cyril Smith, and many others who we might not invite for a pint.

2 Top Gear the programme was successful not only due to Clarkson, who is not an idiot and I have one of his books that is very entertaining in parts. But he has views that are not to be tolerated in a civilised country, and has acted badly so needs to go. Don't worry, you'll soon see him again in politics, probably as a UKIP candidate.

3 The mainly men / programmes for women bit is beyond belief. First of all many women watch and like Top Gear, and then the implication that it is 'unmanly' not to like it is stupid and unfounded. Although some men love cars and their workings, the majority Id say are not that interested, just as many men have no interest in football but growing numbers of women do, Wow, are you living in 1930 ?

4 I am sure a lot of people hate gypsy weddings, Katie Price, Big Brother and Im a Celebrity just as much as Top Gear - regardless of gender or political correctness - I know I cant watch and cant stand ANY of those programmes and most of the people I know cant either - men or women. Rubbish is rubbish, aimed at men or women.

5. I feel it is more likely that the people who watch I'm a Celebrity and Gypsy Weddings are the same people who watch Top Gear - men and women who want less challenging programmes for 'Sun' and 'Mail' readers - oh dear, this stereotyping must be catching ! People can watch what they like, and read what they like though, but they cannot assault workmates and commit bodily harm.

So, different strokes - no. Different tastes, but not according to gender - more about personal choice.

What's next on the aqenda - banning Jacko and other ladies from watching Vale ?

just in case this hasn't been posted in the last 6 pages

Thank you for posting this, anyone who has any doubts about what a piece of dirt Clarkson is should go to about 9:30 for the bit about Gordon Brown, which rings true more than anything Clarkson has ever said.

Archived