onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

This could have been managed better.

One of the advantages that the Railway Stand has, despite all it's faults, is that it has some of the best elevated views of the pitch without having to get a ticket for the boxes. A lot of people have their own match day ritual that involves having their own spot, seeing the regular faces, to be displaced like that will be disappointing to them, especially as all the better seats in the Paddock or the Lorne Street will already be taken.

I'm also a bit worried that it will be absolute carnage if the card readers start giving error messages when season ticket holders try to get into other stands around the ground.

Words out of my mouth.Shut the Bycars,no bugger goes in there.

Advert

Yep.

Sat by people I don't know in a seat I'm not use to.

Call it trivial and childish if you want, but I've been happy with sitting with my family and friends in the RS all my life. Closing highlights that Smurf doesn't understand football. It's not just a seat.

I'm sorry but that's pathetic.

I agree with Norman on this. Those moaning, you have the option of watching the game with a decent view and better facilities in the lorne street, or if atmosphere is your thing, a better atmosphere will be generated by having more together in the paddock.

For me this shows that some of our fans are just happy with sub standard mediocre facilities.Give away fans the whole paddock for me and give Vale fans the Hamil end. Finish the Lorne Street, then you've got Vale fans enjoying better facilities and potentially creating a better atmosphere. No brainer.

I could not give a stuff about facilities. Football's far more important than facilities.

Yep.

Sat by people I don't know in a seat I'm not use to.

Call it trivial and childish if you want, but I've been happy with sitting with my family and friends in the RS all my life. Closing highlights that Smurf doesn't understand football. It's not just a seat.

Although the RS is closed there will still be thousands of empty seats. Could you not text/phone/tweet/facebook/whatsapp your family and friends to discuss where you can sit together.

My ticket is in the RS and I persoanlly don't mind going a few rows down. I might even treat myself and go in the Lorne Street

So part of the reason for this was the poor atmosphere on Saturday.Yes it was a poor atmosphere.But what do you expect when it takes 15- 20 mins and a goal down before the players decide to get going?

The poor atmosphere was from the paddock.The RS was buzzing.Justice for the Railway Standers,the real supporters.

So what you are saying is that whatever happens the football is the most important thing. If so just sit in another ****** seat

Can't explain it. I don't like sitting anywhere else. The whole routine of match day is what I enjoy, including sitting in the same seat.

If this is being done to save money it will be counter productive because it only needs a few to say stuff it and the saving will be lost. If it is being done to improve the atmosphere - that will happen when the team is winning and playing well irrespective of where folk are sitting.

If this is being done to save money it will be counter productive because it only needs a few to say stuff it and the saving will be lost. If it is being done to improve the atmosphere - that will happen when the team is winning and playing well irrespective of where folk are sitting.

Well said Jean.

Even if we save a few grand if isn't worth the confusion and annoyance its causing.

Archived