onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 24th Jan 2015, Port Vale v Crewe A, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Their away form is just as bad as ours too... http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/form-table/away

Still, form goes out the window when Saturday comes around. Pretty confident we can win this one though! 3-1 to the Vale Dodds, Williamson and O'Connor to score

5 out the starting 11 for them on Saturday were loan players. Is this the 'Crewe way' now? That club is the biggest con in football.

We NEED a strong ref to deal with their diving and gamesmanship. And as it's their cup final and always raise their game for us, we NEED to do the same for once.

Been a while since so much hinged on a game for both sides. Defeat for us finally kills off top 6 spot. Defeat for them could put them bottom. So I guess a draw will be on the cards.

As Yeovil showed yesterday there's nowt between the team's from 5th to bottom.

Finally kills off top 6 spot...are you for real?????

Been a while since so much hinged on a game for both sides. Defeat for us finally kills off top 6 spot. Defeat for them could put them bottom. So I guess a draw will be on the cards.

As Yeovil showed yesterday there's nowt between the team's from 5th to bottom.

kills us off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, been at the merrie monk again.

How would one defeat kill off a top 6th place? Were one point off at the minute. It's a really poor league except the top 4 and one game won't ruin anyone's chances of a play off place.

Is it that poor a league or evidence of how much Vale have come on? Just look at how Sheffield United and Bradford have done in the cup competitions recently.

Bogey sides only exist in the mind. The result will depend on tactics, ability and team work. Davis has shown superior tactics in the last two games against us, but I have faith in Page to do his homework and prepare the team, but don't expect a walk over. We deserve to be in the play offs if we accrue more points than 18 other League 1 teams but that will not be decided by one match but by 46.

I just hope that RP has side well prepared for this,it was certainly the case that the last time we played Crewe they out thought and believe it or not out fought us,Adams failed miserably that day he failed to gauge the "feel" of a derby I dont expect RP to make the same mistake.

We NEED a strong ref to deal with their diving and gamesmanship. And as it's their cup final and always raise their game for us, we NEED to do the same for once.

We've got Gavin Ward who referred the Burton Friday night massacre. Hopefully a lucky oman for us!

Sadly I fear the worst....Vale win one week, set our selves up for sneaking in playoffs I get all giddy and carried away and boom we fail to show up the next and back to square 1 sooo frustrating especially I imagine for Mr Smurf and his gates. Secondly I have blagged a few mates who never go (except 2 or 3 games each year that I convince them Saturdays are best spent with vale and ale) with 'this is a big game is will be a cracking day' which historically results in freezing cold, miserable game and a loss. Pray I am wrong if we could just show up once when these lads come I reckon I could get them hooked plus getting into a playoff spot for the run in would raise buzz and ultimately revenue vital to encourage investment for next year and imo a Moor legitimate press for promotion UTV! SVH!

Form is not necessarily the key in these games as we all know. Whoever wants it most is likely to prove winners. Page has to ensure our squad are massively up for this one especially after the farce at Gresty Dump.

If our players cannot understand the need to show us their apologies from early season then we have no reason to believe they are worthy of a finish high up the League. Everyone of us has to be in top form Saturday. Crowd can help lift the whole day so here's hoping we turn up in huge numbers and are given a day to remember.

My only gripe with Adams was that he never really got the better of Crewe tactically & some of our performances against them were embarrassing. Hopefully the Chesterfield defeat has shown the players that RP won't put up with poor performances and being 2nd best. This is an ideal opportunity for Page to further stamp his authority on the team & begin to lay the bogey team label to rest. I hope we go "toe-to-toe" with them. out muscle them, out play them and that the Chesterfield rollocking is still fresh in the player's mind. The football world is beginning to take note of our rise up the league, hopefully by 5pm on Saturday a few hundred Crewe fans that follow them away will see exactly why.

Archived