onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 24th Jan 2015, Port Vale v Crewe A, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Having missed the last two home games having picked up deep vein thrombosis following my 6 hour drive back to Sheffield in the snow on Boxing Day I am determined to get to the game on Saturday as well as renewing my season ticket for next season. I hoe the Vale team show the same commitment and put one show for us.

Cant see much change from last weeks starting line up but personally would like to see Daniel start instead of Birchall, with Marshall returning to his favoured right wing.

I think Marshall prefers the left, certainly where he has looked at his best.

I hope we raise our game like I expect Crewe will. They are better than their league position suggests. Had they had Ajose & Ikpeazu from the start of the season, theyd be well clear of the relegation zone.

My only gripe with Adams was that he never really got the better of Crewe tactically & some of our performances against them were embarrassing. Hopefully the Chesterfield defeat has shown the players that RP won't put up with poor performances and being 2nd best. This is an ideal opportunity for Page to further stamp his authority on the team & begin to lay the bogey team label to rest. I hope we go "toe-to-toe" with them. out muscle them, out play them and that the Chesterfield rollocking is still fresh in the player's mind. The football world is beginning to take note of our rise up the league, hopefully by 5pm on Saturday a few hundred Crewe fans that follow them away will see exactly why.

Well put post, which says pretty much exactly what I think too. They have had far too much of a party at Vale Park in recent years and there will rarely be a better time to put an end to it.

Sadly I fear the worst....Vale win one week, set our selves up for sneaking in playoffs I get all giddy and carried away and boom we fail to show up the next and back to square 1 sooo frustrating especially I imagine for Mr Smurf and his gates. Secondly I have blagged a few mates who never go (except 2 or 3 games each year that I convince them Saturdays are best spent with vale and ale) with 'this is a big game is will be a cracking day' which historically results in freezing cold, miserable game and a loss. Pray I am wrong if we could just show up once when these lads come I reckon I could get them hooked plus getting into a playoff spot for the run in would raise buzz and ultimately revenue vital to encourage investment for next year and imo a Moor legitimate press for promotion UTV! SVH!

Not sure why you got minus votes for what is a basically a very positive post that is just cautious about the result.

Lets hope that we can get up into the heights of the playoff places, other times we have had the chance we have had what were really hard games away at Swindon and Chesterfield. Whilst Crewe will be far from easy, they shouldn't be as tricky as those 2 away games. Early goal please Vale, and don't drop back and defend if we are a goal up near the end.

Maybe so, but after tonight's results we are down to 11th with teams around us having games in hand.

With Notts County and Doncaster playing each other, at least one of them had to overtake us. As it was, a draw saw both of them edge above us but was actually probably the best result if we can win against Crewe.

Interesting to see PNE slipping a bit, a poor home draw against rock bottom Yeovil tonight, and last match they coundn't beat Orient at home either.

I think Marshall prefers the left, certainly where he has looked at his best.

I hope we raise our game like I expect Crewe will. They are better than their league position suggests. Had they had Ajose & Ikpeazu from the start of the season, theyd be well clear of the relegation zone.

I remember him destroying Yates when he played on the left for Barnet. Certainly from all the highlights he looks at least as dangerous there.

Cant see much change from last weeks starting line up but personally would like to see Daniel start instead of Birchall, with Marshall returning to his favoured right wing.

Mark Grew on Radio Stoke in the team news said that Marshall had asked to he on the left wing which is why Birchall came in.

Another winger on the right and we would be more balanced, we had the same problem last season only playing with 1 winger.

The problem then though is we need a winger prepared to track back & help out the full back. Marshall does this but not sure Daniel or Moore would do so much.

I like Daniel but when hes played, he has left Dicko exposed. I think Moore would be worse though hes very dangerous going forward.

I think Page will stick with Birchy on the right which is fair enough as he played well vs Peterborough.

The problem then though is we need a winger prepared to track back & help out the full back. Marshall does this but not sure Daniel or Moore would do so much.

I like Daniel but when hes played, he has left Dicko exposed. I think Moore would be worse though hes very dangerous going forward.

I think Page will stick with Birchy on the right which is fair enough as he played well vs Peterborough.

Daniel, should seens he started out as a full back.

From what I've seen he is very disciplined and could do that job

Archived