onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Blyth Spartans

melv

Advert

That's two cracking cup ties in succession on a Friday night for the BBC. Proper Cup ties where the Ref's have let a certain amount of things go and the matches have lived up to their billings.

I did think the ref should have booked the Hartlepool defender for the tackle on half way but other than that I thought the officials were pretty much bob-on.

Cracking atmosphere and all in all a good 2 hours entertainment.

Pity we can't get a good cup run going and share in some of the media spotlight.

That's two cracking cup ties in succession on a Friday night for the BBC. Proper Cup ties where the Ref's have let a certain amount of things go and the matches have lived up to their billings.

I did think the ref should have booked the Hartlepool defender for the tackle on half way but other than that I thought the officials were pretty much bob-on.

Cracking atmosphere and all in all a good 2 hours entertainment.

Pity we can't get a good cup run going and share in some of the media spotlight.

I agree with your comments about the game and the ref, I mentioned in the previous game just how little pulling, pulling and barging was going on during corners. It was the same last night and the ref allowed the game to flow. Rivers who scored the winner was fantastic during the game and in his post match interview, brilliant for the lad, meant so much to him .

That's why I love to get non-league draws in the cup. Means so much and gives the games an extra edge, not wanting to be the team getting knocked out! As for TV we managed to get on BT Vs Shortwood last year, not quite the same as the Beeb but we were on the telly for a few lucky subscribers!

I was at the Stoke Blyth game in the main stand. We cheered the Blyth goals and a bloke in front who was a work colleague, took the huff and proceeded to tell everyone we were Vale fans!!

I remember reading some stuff in the local north east paper from Terry Johnson afterwards. Blyth had gone one up but when Stoke came back to lead 2-1, he reckoned Howard Kendall said something to him along the lines of "never mind, lad, you've had a great run." Blyth then scored twice more to win it and Johnson responded by flicking the Vs at Kendall!

Archived