onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations to UKIP

JOHNNYAITCH

What, no replies from the supporters of political party's that have wasted Billions of £'s over the years, lowered the standing of the nation in the world league of prosperity for the workers, but have upgraded their own salaries and made millionaires out of past politicians? The politicians that are mere puppets of the mega wealthy?

Time for change.

Advert

Thank God for Dennis Skinner, a truly honest and genuine man and a rare species - honest politician. Just look at that boiled-egghead Tory traitor and compare the difference. If only there were 600 more of you in that cesspit of lies and back-stabbing Dennis.

Cambridge Don - I do not consider that just because the NHS is free at delivery point, it is fine. Privatisation, including some by Labour, of services and employees is wrong in my eyes and this is just hiding the back-door route to having useless support staff like some places have cleaners who get paid less than minimum wage from agencies who know they are here illegally.

I'm glad to see someone else recognises that the EU (and more so NATO) are responsible for the mess that is destroying Ukraine, where they promised money and never gave it, and encouraged far-right openly fascist parties and corrupt politicians.

David Cameron is expected to set out his plans for reforming EU migration as early as this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11248189/Strong-economy-will-bring-more-EU-migrants-ministers-warned.html

I can hardly wait. To think that some people are saying it will be boring after this week that we don't have a game for 2 weeks - throw yourself into this fascinating stuff and it'll whizz by faster than a snail on diazepam. By the way - what strong economy ?

What, no replies from the supporters of political party's that have wasted Billions of £'s over the years, lowered the standing of the nation in the world league of prosperity for the workers, but have upgraded their own salaries and made millionaires out of past politicians? The politicians that are mere puppets of the mega wealthy?

Time for change.

Time for change for the Majority unfortunately we will always have the minority who are in such prominent position's of privilege that the majority of current affair issues in society do not affect them

That's genius

What Dennis Skinner said was not genius. In fact, up until the day he said that, I was quite a fan of Dennis Skinner. Now I believe his only interests are his own parties lines.

Stating that UKIP want to 'send those back from where they came', he also used examples of a recent heart bypass he had, and stated the surgeons involved who were all of foreign descent. If he had done his homework on UKIP (which he clearly has not) He would see that UKIP would be in favour of controlled immigration and those with real skills, so to use those skilled people as examples was really ridiculous.

And he never gave a mention to his own unemployed unskilled British constituents who struggle to find decent paid work because the majority of jobs go to migrants.

Ironic that Skinner also wants to ban the agencies who actually give the migrants the jobs in the first place before they even set foot in the UK, yet if he does his homework will see UKIP want to get rid of the Agency workers Directive act so on that issue he is in agreement with UKIP!!

What Dennis Skinner said was not genius. In fact, up until the day he said that, I was quite a fan of Dennis Skinner. Now I believe his only interests are his own parties lines.

Stating that UKIP want to 'send those back from where they came', he also used examples of a recent heart bypass he had, and stated the surgeons involved who were all of foreign descent. If he had done his homework on UKIP (which he clearly has not) He would see that UKIP would be in favour of controlled immigration and those with real skills, so to use those skilled people as examples was really ridiculous.

And he never gave a mention to his own unemployed unskilled British constituents who struggle to find decent paid work because the majority of jobs go to migrants.

Ironic that Skinner also wants to ban the agencies who actually give the migrants the jobs in the first place before they even set foot in the UK, yet if he does his homework will see UKIP want to get rid of the Agency workers Directive act so on that issue he is in agreement with UKIP!!

Being left wing does not mean uncontrolled immigration, and DS is right, as are UKIP, about the snivelling greedy agencies. But don't rush to have a go at Dennis, as it was not UKIP the party he attacked, but the nasty piece of work Reckless, who had actually said the deportation stuff and embarrassed his new party and Farage.

I think in time you and UKIP will regret taking on Reckless who is a dishonest man and will do very little to enhance UKIPs longer term chances. Wouldn't surprise me if he changed parties again when it suits him.

People have got short memories in North Staffordshire. In 1926 men in the pits around the potteries had to stand at the gate to see if they would be picked for a day's work. When they complained troops battered these men who had fought in WW1. Many in the pits and pot banks died young from industrial illnesses and they had no NHS to support them through illness.

I got Cancer in 2003 and needed major surgery and 6 weeks radiotherapy. I didn't want an additional worry of an insurance based system of health care not paying for my treatment. I'm a Governor of a Cancer Centre and was talking to hospital social workers who were being swamped with patients on chemo and radiotherapy who'd had benefits stopped because they'd failed to go to appointments due to their illness.

You have to be careful to avoid promises from snake oil salesmen.

I live in Liverpool now but remember the poverty well in the 60's 70's and 80's. It's been the same in North Staffs for years. The one thing you can guarantee is that the Tories have done nothing for ordinary people. They opposed any progress that's been made. As for the EU, the regional development fund has provided thousands of construction jobs in areas of mass unemployment while making sure there were common standards to stop the exploitation of workers.

To simplify Tories are Tories. Lib Dems are Tories and UKIP are right wing Tories. Their only 2 MPs are Tory defectors because the Tories are not right wing enough for them. The UKIP MEPs are corrupt. They take large amounts of expenses and don't turn up while joining with far right facist groups who don't believe women should have equal pay or any workers should have statutory holidays.

Politics.... the spectator participation sport of who can climb the greasy pole without getting their hands dirty.

Someone once said....

You are working class when someone tells you you are working class and you believe them

You are upper class if you can tell others they are working class and they believe you

You are middle class if you dont believe you are working class when others tell you but you cant convince others they are working class when you tell them

Its surprising how well that fits into politics/voting

It was a non-negotiable statement, not ab invitation for another of your deluded rants.

Genius

People have got short memories in North Staffordshire. In 1926 men in the pits around the potteries had to stand at the gate to see if they would be picked for a day's work. When they complained troops battered these men who had fought in WW1. Many in the pits and pot banks died young from industrial illnesses and they had no NHS to support them through illness.

I got Cancer in 2003 and needed major surgery and 6 weeks radiotherapy. I didn't want an additional worry of an insurance based system of health care not paying for my treatment. I'm a Governor of a Cancer Centre and was talking to hospital social workers who were being swamped with patients on chemo and radiotherapy who'd had benefits stopped because they'd failed to go to appointments due to their illness.

You have to be careful to avoid promises from snake oil salesmen.

I live in Liverpool now but remember the poverty well in the 60's 70's and 80's. It's been the same in North Staffs for years. The one thing you can guarantee is that the Tories have done nothing for ordinary people. They opposed any progress that's been made. As for the EU, the regional development fund has provided thousands of construction jobs in areas of mass unemployment while making sure there were common standards to stop the exploitation of workers.

To simplify Tories are Tories. Lib Dems are Tories and UKIP are right wing Tories. Their only 2 MPs are Tory defectors because the Tories are not right wing enough for them. The UKIP MEPs are corrupt. They take large amounts of expenses and don't turn up while joining with far right facist groups who don't believe women should have equal pay or any workers should have statutory holidays.

I am old enough to have had my own grandfather as one of those men, who in 1926 was one of those miners who had to queue for work. I accept that this coalition government isn't perfect (and God knows, it'll be a darn sight worse with the possibility of a multi-party coalition next time around!) but there is no doubt that there have been distinct improvements to the economy and employment during the last four years. I don't know what age you are, but as a 67 year old, I have been around long enough to know that following every Labour government we have experienced since the 2nd world war, the country has been left unfortunately much poorer and in a dire economic state at the end of Labour's time in office. This is not party-political posturing--if you don't believe me--do the historical research and you will see how true this statement is! Unfortunately, the Labour party is now almost totally divorced from the people it was set-up to represent. The current Labour leadership, divorced as it is, from any true knowledge of what it is to be a working-class person in the real world, has no answers to the serious questions facing our economy and the problems facing the world at large currently. The example of Ms. Thornbury and her tweat about white-van man over the last few days, proves conclusively just how unaware the London-centric Labour leadership is about what goes on 'in the sticks!' Whatever the inadequacies of the coalition government, there has been some genuine and (partially) successful attempts to put right the economic mess they inherited. The Labour Party shows no real signs of understanding what it's done wrong economically in the past and gives me no optimism that they would know what to do should they end up in government again!

Just look back at what you posted, it is clear you misread the original post

Why would I need to reread my own post to know what i meant by it?

and it really does you no credit to deny that you made a mistake.

Right back atcha

No big deal but to try and cover it like this is very revealing.

Your in comedy gold territory now..think whatever you like you are wrong

As I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned the film, your posted text saying

'So I'm an upper class waster now'

would make no sense, smiley or not.

You've obviously not seen it in the context of my self deprecating avatar, my location jokily being Aitch Mansions and so on. I suggest you look up self deprecation to understand the post that you are referring to then it will hopefully make sense to you. Just accept that you misinterpreted my post and move on. I have.

Hagrid saying UKIP voters have less intelligence and you implying that they don't really matter because UKIP wont be strong in a 'real' election

I never said that...that implication is in your head.

will just make people who have been swayed into voting for them continue to do so,

You think my comments have any such influence?? OMG

what is needed is to expose all of their policies, not just talk about immigration. Many of them have said they want a privatised NHS for one example.

I totally agree and have argued that repeatedly here and elsewhere.

Archived