onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations to UKIP

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Can someone please enlighten me with regards to what is so bad about the EU?

The concept or the reality? Nothing wrong with the concept

The reality: it's corrupt, largely unaccountable, it's able to impose 'laws' on us that we have no say in, the Euro which is destroying our potential markets, federalisation, it has caused the rise of UKIP, it has caused the rise of right wing nationalism in the UK, we make a net contribution of billions per year with little say on how that money is spent, it's driven by ideology and dogma and on it goes

I'm all for being in the EU but not this EU

The concept or the reality? Nothing wrong with the concept

The reality: it's corrupt, largely unaccountable, it's able to impose 'laws' on us that we have no say in, the Euro which is destroying our potential markets, federalisation, it has caused the rise of UKIP, it has caused the rise of right wing nationalism in the UK, we make a net contribution of billions per year with little say on how that money is spent, it's driven by ideology and dogma and on it goes

I'm all for being in the EU but not this EU

agreed

lets not forget the human rights act, the biggest liberal joke of them all "terrorist wins appeal to stay in the uk as he has a cat"

In many ways a sensational win last night.

However, they have got to be disappointed by the margin of victory given the momentum they have at the moment and their candidate was the current/previous MP; for me not enough to indicate that they will get the votes that they would wish for at the general election. I'd anticipate a much higher turnout next year with the Conservative vote in particular turning out in large numbers.

Very bad night for the Lib Dems

Enjoy it whilst you can UKIPers :)

Disappointed at a 2,900 majority with only less than 50% turnout? In a seat which has always been a tory stronghold? I would think that both Tories and Labour alike are extremely concerned at such a result.

I am extremely confident that in May people will vote for common sense and UKIP will at least hold the balance of power.

Well done to the Labour MP on twitter. If they weren't done burning their bridges with the working class, they certainly had a good go at finishing the job yesterday.

Some of those out of touch MP's are so transparent in their way of thinking it is embarrassing. The mask has well and truly come off for Labour who have betrayed their traditional support and sold this country down the river. I only hope in May people will vote for common sense and see that the immigration and fiscal policies of both Tories and Labour will be detrimental for many years to come until we have complete change

Answers that are from the Daily Mail are not valid.

The UK cannot cope with immigration levels that see shortage of Housing, shortage of NHS treatments, shortage of Law and Order, Threats of terrorism, Increased taxes to pay for continued membership, Wastage of existing power stations, Increased subsidies on fuel bills, increased strain on Educational places in local schools for children, increased tuition fees due to the many tuition grants awarded to low skilled migrants just to get migrants to a 'basic' standard of English, depressed wages leading to a stagnation which leads to inevitable debts for many.

To name a few...not to mention the continued expenditure policies which local councils waste year on year, without giving anything back to the taxpayer.

I'm all for UKIP because I am against a United States of Europe which is the ultimate aim. Also, I don't like the stupid rules and laws that are and have been emerging from Brussels.

Totally agree. You also have to consider that many people are stuck in their ways and afraid of change. Change which in time, will reap its rewards.

Agreed JA. I think this'll be a short-term appointment. Whilst the tories threw a lot at this, once the general election juggernauts of the big two parties kick in then it'll be very interesting indeed.

Well done to the Labour MP on twitter. If they weren't done burning their bridges with the working class, they certainly had a good go at finishing the job yesterday.

Labour have started to get snobby and must be trying to outdo the posh boys.:D

Answers that are from the Daily Mail are not valid.

Er, how about this is the 19th successive year that their auditors have refused to sign off their accounts because of unaccounted expenditure on a massive scale? This year it was over £5bn (small beer, I know).

How about the EU parliament has no powers to propose legislation, which can only be done by the unelected commission?

How about its continual breaking of its own treaties by buying bonds to bail out the, let us say, less efficient economies of Europe?

How about, according to Timothy Geitner (former US Treasury Secretary), their attempts to ruin the Greek economy as revenge for the Greeks' exploitation of lax EU rules on credit, which resulted in the rest of the EU having to bail them out?

So: endemic corruption, undemocratic practices, false accounting, political interference in sovereign states, and malfeasance in public office?

Would you like any more?

Er, how about this is the 19th successive year that their auditors have refused to sign off their accounts because of unaccounted expenditure on a massive scale? This year it was over £5bn (small beer, I know).

How about the EU parliament has no powers to propose legislation, which can only be done by the unelected commission?

How about its continual breaking of its own treaties by buying bonds to bail out the, let us say, less efficient economies of Europe?

How about, according to Timothy Geitner (former US Treasury Secretary), their attempts to ruin the Greek economy as revenge for the Greeks' exploitation of lax EU rules on credit, which resulted in the rest of the EU having to bail them out?

So: endemic corruption, undemocratic practices, false accounting, political interference in sovereign states, and malfeasance in public office?

Would you like any more?

Excellent post.

The UK cannot cope with immigration levels that see shortage of Housing, shortage of NHS treatments, shortage of Law and Order, Threats of terrorism, Increased taxes to pay for continued membership, Wastage of existing power stations, Increased subsidies on fuel bills, increased strain on Educational places in local schools for children, increased tuition fees due to the many tuition grants awarded to low skilled migrants just to get migrants to a 'basic' standard of English, depressed wages leading to a stagnation which leads to inevitable debts for many.

To name a few...not to mention the continued expenditure policies which local councils waste year on year, without giving anything back to the taxpayer.

When people can't get appointments with their GP and rising demand causes A&E's to close,perhaps some people will wake up and realise our borders are out of control?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/nhs/11245157/AandE-figures-show-NHS-in-winter-crisis.html

When people can't get appointments with their GP and rising demand causes A&E's to close,perhaps some people will wake up and realise our borders are out of control?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/nhs/11245157/AandE-figures-show-NHS-in-winter-crisis.html

Not forgetting wasteful PFI funding in NHS contractual work, in contrast to the contempt of not increasing the frontline staff wages by a meagre 1%

In many ways a sensational win last night.

However, they have got to be disappointed by the margin of victory given the momentum they have at the moment and their candidate was the current/previous MP; for me not enough to indicate that they will get the votes that they would wish for at the general election. I'd anticipate a much higher turnout next year with the Conservative vote in particular turning out in large numbers.

Very bad night for the Lib Dems

Enjoy it whilst you can UKIPers :)

Of course, you know beat as always, but facts aren't your strong point are they?

The turnout was over 50 per cent, recent General Elections have sometimes been close to 60 per cent so I doubt there will be a much bigger turnout next year.

Your 'damning by faint praise' runs the risk of failing to take UKIP seriously, and will prove a very costly mistake as those like yourself sit there smugly and wonder what happened when we are suddenly run by something very nasty.

The film 'Cabaret' springs to mind where the upper class waster thinks it is good that the emergent Nazis are dealing with the leftists and other 'unruly elements' about 1930 and says they can easily be brought under control. Later in the film, when an entire village (except a few Jewish people) rallies to join in with a uniformed Hitler youth kid singing 'Tomorrow belongs to me', he is asked 'Still think you can control them?'.

Farage isn't Hitler, but some of the worse elements like that thing that got elected last night will carry along ordinary decent people and use them and thank you for sneering at them and underestimating them. Cameron was truly humiliated, and perhaps the only reasonable thing was the Green vote doing fairly well, and Labour not being totally demolished.

When will UKIP supporters realise that if they vote this way in a General Election, they're gonna get a Labour government. Who are UKIP taking seats off? Not Labour. Why do you think the BBC give UKIP so much airtime? Not for impartiality, because they know UKIP are driving a stake through the heart of traditional Tory support.

Realistically, only the Tories and Labour will ever hold power, real power in this country. UKIPpers moan about Labour, but by voting for a party who keep taking votes, and seats off the Tories, they're essentially voting for a Labour government. UKIP will probably never hold more seats than they do now, and if they do, probably no more than 5. Balance of power? You must be kidding. The SNP have got more chance of holding that.

Do you really think Farage wants out of the EU? Wants to give up a massive salary, with massive expenses, where he can pay his wife a massive salary to be his secretary? Lets ask the turkey if he wants to vote for Christmas, shall we?

Archived