onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 25th Oct 2014, Port Vale v Leyton Orient, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Regardless of the other personnel, I'd expect us to play today with Dodds behind Williamson, and two banks of 4 behind them. I don't think RP is going to be brave enough to change things too much in what could be, for him, THE make or break game.

get your point but for me this is why he HAS to change it. we need a manager with balls not one that just takes the safe option every time.

if we dont see streete or one of the loan forwards then i dont wanna see rob page either

In reality, only about 3-4 players from Tuesday night should be confident in retaining their places today. The others were all poor.

You need 8-9 playing well together and we need to try and replicate that today - as we managed in the Barnsley home game - otherwise we'll lose.

All season I've been worried about our failure to defend high balls into our box. Zubar apart, we don't have players who are strong enough, tall enough and aggressive enough to win the crucial first header. If Pope is injured, it only makes things worse when other teams send up their two centre halves for dead ball situations.

I wonder, with this in mind, if it's worth getting both Street and Robertson into the back four, moving Mc to left back and playing Veseli over Yates.

Up front, I imagine he'll go with Williamson because of his goal, though I thought he was hopeless in the week, alongside Slew, with the new boys on the bench.

But hardly any of the players can complain if they've been dropped today.

Not chasing a scapegoat here but for me, our Captain Dicko has been our worst player this season by far. He has been terrible & anybody who doesn't see that he is struggling is wearing blinkers. His positional sense is non existent & his distribution is worse than Yates which is not saying much. He needs to be dropped, we need a completely new look back 4. My back 4 would be Veseli, McGivern, Streete & the lad from West Brom. Chuck them in I say, we have nothing to lose at the moment. Id also start with Harry up top. Lets try something completely different rather than sticking with the 11 who have struggled to compete so far this season, if it aint working, fix it!

Team will be

Neal Yates McGivern Duffy Dicko Marshall o'connor Lines Dodds Willo and Slew

Maybe Zubar in but I'd be surprised to see anything other than that

Page either has no balls and won't make any of his own decisions to move away from Mickys tactics

Or he's too tactically inept to think of his own

To his credit the team have been more committed and shown much more desire since he took over but work rate isn't enough on it's own

Archived