onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood linesman that gave the pen!

bar1

It's where he is from and any allegiances he has that are of interest to the FA only.

He clearly got the decision right too.

Yes I agree, which is why I raised it. He works in Fleetwood, his boss is a Fleetwood fan and the club has a close relationship with his employer - I don't think you can argue about allegiance REP!!

And no, he didn't clearly get the decision right.

Look im not even arguing that he had an agenda...but to be in that position considering his background is foolish at best, im sorry!

Advert

The penalty falls into the 'seen them given' category which will probably mean that the liner will escape any scrutiny at all.

The manner in which he overruled his referee seemed to enrage the players more than anything.

The referee himself needs to show far more decisive body language in that situation. I'm sure the assessor would have picked up on that if there was one in the stand.

The penalty falls into the 'seen them given' category which will probably mean that the liner will escape any scrutiny at all.

The manner in which he overruled his referee seemed to enrage the players more than anything.

The referee himself needs to show far more decisive body language in that situation. I'm sure the assessor would have picked up on that if there was one in the stand.

yeah but where's the assessor from? :ninja:

sorry im over it now.

The issue here is that the linesman gave the penalty. You can see from the highlights that the ref had a clear view and decided, no penalty. He then looks over to the linesman, who must have held his flag accross his chest and awarded the penalty. Looking at different forums, some Fleetwood fans say it was a nailed on pen, some say it was soft. The same is the case for Vale fans, so it clearly comes down to a matter of opinion. Now if the opinion that mattered was that of the individual who awarded the penalty (the linesman), and they have a clear connection to the club that benefitted from the decision, then that is an absolute disgrace and brings into question the integrity of that person.

If this was a game that was a clear 3 or 4 - 0 win, fine...but the game was decided by the judgement of one person, and if the rumours are true, then that person was not impartial. The only reasonable outcome should therefore be that the result does not stand. How the FA proceed from then on I'm not sure, (I don't know whether there is a precedent) but one thing is for sure, there is no way that this can just be left. A thorough investigation must take place.

Imagine we are relegated at the end of the season by 1 point, a point we lost due to the decision made by someone who is not impartial. Why even risk the outcry of such a situation occuring? The FA should get this resolved straight away.

Yes I agree, which is why I raised it. He works in Fleetwood, his boss is a Fleetwood fan and the club has a close relationship with his employer - I don't think you can argue about allegiance REP!!

And no, he didn't clearly get the decision right.

Look im not even arguing that he had an agenda...but to be in that position considering his background is foolish at best, im sorry!

From a personal perspective even when I lived in Devon and Lancashire I always had dual county membership with my parent county being Staffs. When I was down in Devon for example I was regularly appointed to run the line for Torquay when they were in the conference and appointed to officiate their reserve team and youth games not because of where I lived but because of the ability I had and level I'd achieved. My boss at that time was a massive Gulls fan and the national company I worked for regularly sponsored games but I can honestly state it never entered my minds during games though there was always plenty of Monday morning banter especially if games had not gone in favour of Torquay. Neither did stupid chants of fans or indeed daft comments from players including one game where I had clear banter with Danny Sonner when Vale toured the south west in 2006/07 pre-season.

It's normal when you reach a certain level you declare any loyalties in terms of teams supported / conflicts of interests and to me unless he was a Fleetwood fan or worked for the football club personally I don't think there will be an issue. We will see though in the fullness of time.

Looking at the penalty I do think he indicated correctly to the referee and the referee ultimately made the right call.

What a pathetic statement form the FL. We know he doesn't live in Fleetwood (he lives in darwen I believe?) and we know he's not connected to the club as such. However, he DOES work at Fleetwood High School and his employer and peers ARE Fleetwood fans.

I didn't expect anything to come of it but this type of response really ****** me off.

A few years ago the 4th official was from Chesterton for one of our home games and he ended up reffing it, but we lost 2-0 to Barnet so it didn't matter!

Yes, it was Carl Dunn Phil. He replaced Scot Mathieson who was injured in the warm up.

Match officials make big mistakes, they have bad days, but they do not deliberately cheat. If this official had any connections to anyone involved with Fleetwood FC then he should have declared it.

A legitimate penalty has been given, let's stop clutching at straws and accept it, and move on to the Yeovil match, because we need a big result next Saturday.

The worst part about that statement is suggesting that all officials have integrity.

Not the ones I watch. They're all cheating ****s.

What a pathetic statement form the FL. We know he doesn't live in Fleetwood (he lives in darwen I believe?) and we know he's not connected to the club as such. However, he DOES work at Fleetwood High School and his employer and peers ARE Fleetwood fans.

I didn't expect anything to come of it but this type of response really ****** me off.

The school is also frequently visited by the players and staff of Fleetwood,amazing really

Archived