onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 - Chesterfield 2 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Chesterfield didn't help with their constant gamesmanship. Fair play to them in one sense, once they were in front they didn't look like losing, but Pope was being fouled all game and the officials took no notice, and not for the first time this season. Constantly time wasting and niggling fouls.

Advert

Every ball sent forward from them we didn't deal with Robbo isn't great but we needed him to deal with their big lad up front Duffy and McGivern lost to him every time if Micky had done his homework you would have thought he'd known that

Absolutely fuming after that so many things to complain about id give Mickys fanboys a heart attack

The only positive for me today was Marshall, gives 110% every game and stands out a mile, fantastic player.

Chesterfield didn't help with their constant gamesmanship. Fair play to them in one sense, once they were in front they didn't look like losing, but Pope was being fouled all game and the officials took no notice, and not for the first time this season. Constantly time wasting and niggling fouls.

Thats football, its our own fault for giving them the lead. I actually didnt think pope was being fouled all game, just didnt play well.

Really disappointing. We look so bad at the back at times it's embarrassing. Individually I don't think any of the back four are that bad players but they seem to not work together and the protection they get from the midfield is little to none. It's time for a major rethink. I'd be looking at bringing in either Jennings or Brown to replace Lines if Micky is intent on making 4-4-2 work. If not then he has to go with the 4-3-3 and make that work over time, whatever happens we need a midfield enforcer desperately.

Johnson - 6 - Don't think anything was his fault but I feel Neal's experience is needed merely for some more leadership.

Veseli - 5 - Yates didn't do enough Tuesday to justify his place back but the kid offers little going forward and lacks defensively

Duffy - 5 - Not at his best but do we have anything better? Not really.

McGivern - 5 - Made some mistakes today but got away with them on the most part.

Dickinson - 5 - One of his worst games for the club. Caught out of position too often.

Marshall - 7 - The only real plus point of the game. A slightly lucky goal but always a thorn in Chesterfield's side.

O'Connor - 5 - Livened up a little once unshackled as Lines went off. Cannot play alongside him, simple as.

Lines - 4 - Probably more involved than O'Connor but he gave the ball away and offered nothing going forward or defensively.

Daniel - 4 - I forgot he was on the pitch more often than not.

Williamson - 5 - Ran around to little effect.

Pope - 6 - Put himself about a lot, and won a fair bit in the air and on the ground but he had no service and no one to work with.

Moore - 6 - Looks likely to be a major asset when he's fit but isn't quite ready yet.

Slew - 5 - Looks way of match ready but we'll see.

Brown - 6 - Shored up the midfield a little. Needs to start games.

At this stage of the season the results aren't massively crucial, but it is the manner of the performances since the start of the season that leave me worried.

20 minutes against Doncaster aside we show no evidence of knowing how to pass a ball. We have 2 'ball-players' in the middle who simply refuse to play it forward. Its either hoof or square pass to the inept full backs.

We have no tactics, no plan, nothing. Its a case of get it to the wide areas and launch it into Popey. I don't like Micky for his character, but even his most ardent supporters will struggle to show me evidence of a plan or specific tactics we employ. We play the same system with the same approach every single game, regardless of the opponent. Shouldn't we be tweaking to nullify certain players, or exploit other teams weaknesses?

442 doesnt work against teams playing 4231.Eventually Micky just copied Cook and went 4231 but left Williamson on the wing. Why? Brown was needed early on, that was clear.

Morsy never gave the ball away, tackled and covered well and looked intelligent, exactly what we miss. ****ing him off is Micky's biggest mistake at Vale. Good luck to him.

Neither full back is good enough. Full stop. Veseli frightens me and Dicko is a carthorse. He'll work and scream but he has little ability. Duffy and McGivern are alright though, and I'd bring Neal back in.

Central midfield is crap. No movement up front. Marshall is a legend though, the only one to create anything all day.

Something needs to change. No clean sheets after 5 games, no wins at home in 3, lost every second half 1-0. Something is wrong. We scored 3 goals against Doncaster (2 from corners) and apart from that we have looked toothless. We have no plan B when teams stick a decent centre half on Pope.

I realise this is a bit of a rant but there is so many issues in the team I'm struggling to present it in a coherent and organised manner.

We have a really tough September, bar Crewe. The formation needs to change, pronto.

Sort it out Micky.

Today showed up Adams weaknesses once again -

1) Tactically outwitted by opposition.

2) No defender on bench almost cost us when Duffy got injured.

3) Releasing Sam Morsy, who bossed the game today for Chesterfield.

Is he really this clubs greatest asset?

I genuinely feel sorry for Smurf who has stumped up the cash for a solid squad budget and we appear to have spent unwisely and failed to address weaknesses in al departments.

Re no 3. He didn't release him.

Morsy wasn't let go. He was offered a 2 year deal

That said, Morsy was very good today. Seems to have come on loads.

Very poor from the Vale. On another day could have drew, certainly had enough chances. Still, no where near good enough.

By being dropped from the team, frozen out totally, sign the inferior Griffith in his position, publicly called a coward, offered the same money when the team up the road offer more and to put faith in you. Hardly trying to keep Morsy were we?

I will get my tin hat on.

No chance am i going a home match again until the football changes, 22 pound to watch us pumping the ball up all game is shocking.

Youve changed your tune from last week ...

"Typical vale fans lose one game and the whole team is ****." :laugh:

Archived