onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 - Chesterfield 2 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

I think it's a tie at the moment between Dicko and Lines, with Williamson just behind.

Griff,Jeno,Dodds,Robbo,Yates and now these three?

It's all about opinions really and it's no different at Old Trafford,someone always has to take the blame if things don't go well.

I certainly didn't see Dicko becoming the most recent member of the OVF idiots' scapegoat club

Who are you calling OVF idiots? If you cannot see Dicko is playing awful then may be time for you to visit Specsavers, me thinks? Also he is not a scapegoat. Just because fans call what they see doesn't mean we are making scapegoats of certain players. Grow up!

I'd certainly not replace them for more defenders who can't defend. Are you seriously saying that Robertson is better than McGivern?

I don't remember writing that Robertson is a better defender than McGivern. Perhaps you could stick to the facts and repeat what I did actually write instead of making things up to suit your argument.

The defence as it is has failed miserably this past week. Their confidence is low so I stated that we need to make changes by bringing Neal, Yates & Robertson into the team.

If you don't think they can step into a 1st team that is struggling to defend & leaking goals then by logic we have a whole squad of defenders that are useless.

Midfielders that track back are not defensive midfielders that protect our back four. A defensive midfielder will sit in front of our centre halves throughout. You state that " It is possible to have players who track back, put tackles in when the opposition have the ball, then get forward to support when we're attacking. " It seems to me that you're drifting into the realms of fantasy as such players are few & far between! Do you honestly believe that we could afford such a player & even if we could, would he want to play in effectively what is the old Division 3 given the all round talent and ability that you want him to possess. Every top club in Europe would be willing to pay millions of Pounds/Euros for such a player.

Our squad does not possess a Griff or Porter and to ask our current crop of midfielders to perform such a role is like putting square pegs in round holes,

MA thought that our current back four are his best defence however stats prove that they are not. By bringing in experienced squad players like Neal, Robertson & Yates he is taking the pressure off the current struggling players that are low on confidence. After all the only thing that could happen is that we lose the next few games, and as we've lost the last few, we'd be no worse off. But the fact remains they are part of a squad that should be given a chance. Your opinion that they are not good enough remains to be seen, however at this moment you opinion is not enough to continue to leave them out.

One of the most inept games I've witnessed for many years - tactically and physically - apart from Marshall the entertainment level was negligible.

Our defence remains awful yet we don't invest in that area, we have no one in midfield to tackle and break up the play and Pope looks isolated..

If we continue this long ball rubbish and MA doesn't get the new signings to make an impact then it looks ominous..

Here's to some major improvements..

Much talk about formations/tactics but having watched Liverpool managed by a one of the games leading tactical lights they play with a goalkeeper, a back four, Gerrard sitting in midfield but the other five players appear all over the field, switching positions at will and between some/all of the five there appears a chemistry of knowing where to go, where they will be and a sense to cover one another. Add to this a pressing game denying the other team space and time and its a very effective way of playing.

Could Port Vale play this type of game, we have some very good footballers and I think we could.

we have a team that has been decimated over the summer. ma has had to bring in a lot of new players and they aint gelling at the moment. its no surprise. its going to take time.

Quite sure that Johnson, Duffy, Dickinson, Lines, Williamson and Pope were with us last season. That's more than half of the side that started yesterday.

I'm also pretty sure that the majority of teams in the league will have at least a few new players in their 11 that they have to bed in just the same as we do, so that's just a pretty poor excuse. Even more so when you consider that the likes of McGivern, Brown and O'Connor are hugely experienced, they're not young lads we're talking about here.

We're playing poorly because of poor tactics and Adams' team selections.

Much talk about formations/tactics but having watched Liverpool managed by a one of the games leading tactical lights they play with a goalkeeper, a back four, Gerrard sitting in midfield but the other five players appear all over the field, switching positions at will and between some/all of the five there appears a chemistry of knowing where to go, where they will be and a sense to cover one another. Add to this a pressing game denying the other team space and time and its a very effective way of playing.

Could Port Vale play this type of game, we have some very good footballers and I think we could.

Great post, agreed! 👍

Archived