onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Which fortune cookie was that in ? ;)

Football predictions are a bit of fun, and something everybody without fail gets wrong. Im not good at them, sometimes have a little bit of fun but am prepared to put myself in the firing line over them. At the risk of waking the Beechasorous, I do have to say reluctantly that without the preposterous sending off, Liverpool would almost certainly have won, and maybe got the 3 goals if Basel had been drawn out had it gone to 1-2.

Rather more important and telling is the fact that you have posted not once, but twice (whilst skiving probably as you 'work' so late) and that tells me how wound up you are about previous posts, seeking someone out for a prediction which dozens of people make. For all the 'comedy gol;d' remarks, it seems you cant take it, and that gives me tremendous pleasure, thanks.:D

Advert

The whole of last season doesn't just become irrelevant, only to yourself, as it's real easy to put the knife in someone but obviously very difficult in your case to give credit when it's due on the other hand. Sturridge has been very unfortunate this season but he was fit enough to play 52 games for Liverpool in the previous campaign, followed by all of England's World Cup games. Hardly sounds like a crock to me. :rolleyes:

That's fiction, Beechy. Liverpool didn't play 52 games last season so how the hell did Sturridge start that many for them? He started 26 League games and the season before he started less than 20. You might not think he's a crock but his club do!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11244580/Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridges-chronic-injury-record-to-be-subject-of-special-investigation-by-Anfield-doctors.html

Correct, and huge credit has to go to Rodgers for playing a part in how Suarez improved as a player, would you not agree? Also, that's exactly the route Rodgers went down with the signing of Markovic, a player who was touted by all the top clubs in Europe over the last year or two. At the moment it hasn't come off, but Suarez didn't exactly hit the ground running either for us, at least in comparison to the player he is now.

True. Balotelli is a bad immediate replacement though, he has talent but unfortunately is an unintelligent, lazy dim wit which will probably hold him back most of his career! He's not a nasty horrible little man like Suarez but sadly on the pitch Suarez is a far better player.

Rodgers I think was suckered into thinking he needed a high profile replacement when going down the route with Markovic or Liverpool did to sign Suarez originally would probably have been better in the long run. Look at some of the lads Southampton have signed(despite their current slump) they have hit the ground running pretty well!

That's fiction, Beechy. Liverpool didn't play 52 games last season so how the hell did Sturridge start that many for them? He started 26 League games and the season before he started less than 20. You might not think he's a crock but his club do!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11244580/Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridges-chronic-injury-record-to-be-subject-of-special-investigation-by-Anfield-doctors.html

I meant since he joined the club, but yes, I typed it wrong and as always I hold my hands up for it. But still up until this season there's no way that Sturridge could be considered a crock for us in his season and a half at the club as he played the vast majority of games. This season it just seems to be a case of bad luck and Liverpool trying to rush him back a bit too soon.

Obviously there is a problem there somewhere with his thigh. It's a shame for Liverpool and England at the moment as he's a big talent and one that would make a significant difference to his club when fit.

They'd never concede with resilience like his! ;)

Can we swop him for Skrtel as I want to chat with Skrtel on here and ask him what on earth he was thinking trying to make a career as a pro footballer!

Brendan thinks Skrtel is a striker now.Sectioning is not far away.

True. Balotelli is a bad immediate replacement though, he has talent but unfortunately is an unintelligent, lazy dim wit which will probably hold him back most of his career! He's not a nasty horrible little man like Suarez but sadly on the pitch Suarez is a far better player.

Rodgers I think was suckered into thinking he needed a high profile replacement when going down the route with Markovic or Liverpool did to sign Suarez originally would probably have been better in the long run. Look at some of the lads Southampton have signed(despite their current slump) they have hit the ground running pretty well!

I don't think that Markovic was anything like a big name. I should imagine a lot of people in football wouldn't have any clue who he was. Lallana/Balotelli were Suarez's replacements, at the start of the season I think Rodgers would have expected them to go some way to replacing Luis' goals and I don't think anyone could blame him for thinking that seeing as both should have more than enough about them to get well into double figures over the season. Balotteli hasn't worked out but I still and will always stand by my point that he's not and will never be a lone striker, and would offer far more alongside Sturridge.

I meant since he joined the club, but yes, I typed it wrong and as always I hold my hands up for it. But still up until this season there's no way that Sturridge could be considered a crock for us in his season and a half at the club as he played the vast majority of games. This season it just seems to be a case of bad luck and Liverpool trying to rush him back a bit too soon.

Obviously there is a problem there somewhere with his thigh. It's a shame for Liverpool and England at the moment as he's a big talent and one that would make a significant difference to his club when fit.

Since he signed for Chelsea in 2009 he has played 121 league games in five and a half seasons. That's an average of 22 per season. He has had the same thigh injury nine times. Not the fittest bloke on the planet is he?

Since he signed for Chelsea in 2009 he has played 121 league games in five and a half seasons. That's an average of 22 per season. He has had the same thigh injury nine times. Not the fittest bloke on the planet is he?

But for Chelsea he was a back up player, and didn't play in the majority of there games because of that reason.

I admit, I did fancy Liverpool to turn Basel over last night. But I honestly couldn't believe how poor Liverpool were. They never looked liked scoring at all. How on earth he can play Joe Allen before Lallana and Coutinho is just crazy.. They desperately need "sick note" Sturridge to come back, or they'll be lucky to finish in top 6 or 7 this season..

Football predictions are a bit of fun,

As was my post hence the smiley ;)

Rather more important and telling is the fact that you have posted not once, but twice (whilst skiving probably as you 'work' so late)

'work' so late......you still don't get it do you? :doh: I'm WFH as usual

and that tells me how wound up you are about previous posts, seeking someone out for a prediction which dozens of people make. For all the 'comedy gol;d' remarks, it seems you cant take it, and that gives me tremendous pleasure, thanks.:D

You really do need to take smileys into account when comprehending posts..they are put there for a reason you know. As i've said before I come on here to learn, inform, entertain..seems I am succeeding at least on the entertainment level :victorious:

So what was his excuse for missing a third of the League games last season and virtually all of them this?

I wasn't talking about this season. His 'games played' record for Liverpool UNTIL this season was good. You mentioned Chelsea and I simply stated that he was never a 1st teamer there and is why he didn't start a lot of games even when he was fit and available.

Archived