onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

Except Newcastle's was a huge minority not just a few dissenting voices. At The Brit it was pretty much 2,800 fans in unison.....

No it wasn't. I was in that end and there is no way it was all of them in unison. There were a load around me not chanting at all and a lass in front of me had a Pardew In banner. Those with the Pardew Out posters were predominently young lads. At the home game where the Sack Pardew lot had all of those 35,000 sheets printed very few of them were on show and there was very little chanting.

What a rubbish performance - luckily I held off on my bet hoping for better odds in-play as I suspected Liverpool would be slow to start, now they are 20/1 against winning the match. I'll put 25p on just in them just in case, but seeing them struggle like this the odds are about right.

I think Vale would give these bin dippers a decent game, and teams like MKDons or Bristol City would take them apart.

What a rubbish performance - luckily I held off on my bet hoping for better odds in-play as I suspected Liverpool would be slow to start, now they are 20/1 against winning the match. I'll put 25p on just in them just in case, but seeing them struggle like this the odds are about right.

I think Vale would give these bin dippers a decent game, and teams like MKDons or Bristol City would take them apart.

Can't see them scoring to be honest.

Either your stupidity is on Forrest Gump's level or you're just trolling to get a reaction.

Liverpool played like a poor League 1 team for 70 minutes, then made a game of it and yes, the team that finally woke up in the late stages would make your comment seem fair - but it is a 90 minute game, and if you are severely lacking in quality and effort for 70 out of those 90 minutes, then this is what happens.

I stand by what I said at the point I said it, sorry if you can't take it. Over the whole game, Basel deserved to got through even though they are not a great side and won't get much further.

Gerrard has just been interviewed and pretty much agreed with what I said.

Liverpool played like a poor League 1 team for 70 minutes, then made a game of it and yes, the team that finally woke up in the late stages would make your comment seem fair - but it is a 90 minute game, and if you are severely lacking in quality and effort for 70 out of those 90 minutes, then this is what happens.

I stand by what I said at the point I said it, sorry if you can't take it. Over the whole game, Basel deserved to got through even though they are not a great side and won't get much further.

Gerrard has just been interviewed and pretty much agreed with what I said.

What, the Bristol City would beat Liverpool at the moment? :rolleyes:

Liverpool didn't do enough to deserve to qualify, left it too late tonight before having a go and paid the price. Basel looked the more composed team and apart from a panicky last 10 minutes were very comfortable.

Agree. I thought Basel played them off the park in the first half and would have won by more if they hadn't contented themselves with sitting back at the start of the second. And what the hell was Markovic doing? Virtually no contact and the other guy deserved a red for bad acting but why give the ref the chance?

I honestly don't think he's that great, his lack of pace really sticks out when he plays against top class opposition. In saying that he should be able to get in Liverpool's current starting XI. I think Man Utd will beat Liverpool easily at the weekend....

Lallana has got bags of ability. It didn't help that he didn't have a pre-season and was then playing catch up fitness wise during Premier League games to everyone else. That said, I did expect much more from him and believe that there is much more to come.

What, the Bristol City would beat Liverpool at the moment? :rolleyes:

You know I meant the first part of what I wrote, that 20 mins is not enough.

Gerrard was honest enough to admit that his binners had not been good enough throughout the group games.

The extra Europa league games should also make sure any later season improvement keeps them well away from the top 4, probably they'll lose to some obscure Slovakian or Moldovan team in the quarter-finals.

Liverpool didn't do enough to deserve to qualify, left it too late tonight before having a go and paid the price. Basel looked the more composed team and apart from a panicky last 10 minutes were very comfortable.

Could be an interesting week for Rodgers, out of the Champions League, Man Utd followed by in form Bournemouth in the League Cup. Lose them and he'll start to be put on some real pressure I would imagine....

He's got to be under real scrutiny now. This morning was embarrasing given how they were so easily outplayed and how devoid of ideas they were for 3/4 of the game. They've failed to qualify for 2nd spot in what was probably the easiest of he groups the English teams were involved in.

The analysis someone did on TV recently is so true, they are a 6th to 7th placed side and would have been last season were in not for Suarez's contribution.

Gerrard proved again he is brilliant for penalties and free kicks but not a lot else.

Wonder if they will keep Brendan until the end of the season and then go for a complete overhaul with someone like Guardiola who is out of contract then?

Archived