onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

He's nothing like great, that's crazy to say.

Great managers win things, he's won nowt! For great managers read Mourinho, Ferguson, Rudge, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish. Crikey even Souness won cups!!

The difference being the managers you listed excluding Mourinho were in the game for decades. Rodgers is a rookie in comparison and just like players managers only get better and wiser with experience.

There really is no point debating with you. I'm sure you're a decent enough fella, but as you've already admitted to having a dislike for Liverpool you'll try to come up with negatives no matter what. Had Liverpool got over the line last season you would have been spouting about how bad the other teams were instead of giving any credit whatsoever.

Advert

The difference being the managers you listed excluding Mourinho were in the game for decades. Rodgers is a rookie in comparison and just like players managers only get better and wiser with experience.

There really is no point debating with you. I'm sure you're a decent enough fella, but as you've already admitted to having a dislike for Liverpool you'll try to come up with negatives no matter what. Had Liverpool got over the line last season you would have been spouting about how bad the other teams were instead of giving any credit whatsoever.

I agree,Rodgers is a rookie in comparison.I also think that Liverpool FC has come too early in his career.Decent season last season for sure but that team of last season was as good as it will get at Anfield.I read he wanted Diego Costa,Sanchez and Falcao over the last couple of years.Dream on Brendan.One idiot replacing another is the best he has done.The difference at clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd is the quality at managerial level.They don't panic.At the moment Brendan is struggling and it's showing.His substitutions were booed on Saturday.Youve got a few winnable games coming up.Make a pig's ear of them and it won't be just boos from the Anfield faithful.

We're missing two strikers that scored a silly amount of goals between them last season.

The point is he had the dough to replace Suarez so went into the season with the strikers he wanted and is missing one..Sturridge..it should not make such a differfence

A team is nothing without a striker that can put chances away and for this reason alone Liverpool miss Daniel Sturridge a ridiculous amount. Obviously the others should step up to the plate while he's out but they haven't.

Exactly

But Sturridge is both a match winner and a genuine goal-scorer, and Liverpool would have been higher up the table had he not picked up two pretty substantial injuries already this season.

They should not be as low and as poor as they are just cos he is out

Moreno and Can are already proving to be good buys

What?!?!??! You can't judge them yet..they will be the kind of good buys that Liverpool need when they have proven themselves over a couple of seasons and win matches for Liverpool and play well againmst the best opposition. At the mo they stand out in a poorly performing side which doesn't make them good buys, just better performing than some of the others that have been bought in

I agree,Rodgers is a rookie in comparison.I also think that Liverpool FC has come too early in his career.Decent season last season for sure but that team of last season was as good as it will get at Anfield.I read he wanted Diego Costa,Sanchez and Falcao over the last couple of years.Dream on Brendan.One idiot replacing another is the best he has done.The difference at clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd is the quality at managerial level.They don't panic.At the moment Brendan is struggling and it's showing.His substitutions were booed on Saturday.Youve got a few winnable games coming up.Make a pig's ear of them and it won't be just boos from the Anfield faithful.

I love how people state this 'one good season' as if you can somehow just fluke a whole season in arguably the most difficult league in the world. Ridiculous. Suarez wasn't the reason for Sturridge or Sterling being outstanding. He wasn't the reason why Henderson improved hugely along with one or two others. He wasn't the only reason why Liverpool scored goals for fun, this was proven when he wasn't playing.

Confidence is a huge thing at the moment and the current Liverpool team isn't playing with any. Rodgers decided to try and bring more depth to the club over the summer, due to the extra football Champions League brings, and sometimes it takes time for new players to gel both together and with the players that were already there, just as United under a genuine world-class coach are also finding out.

Can? How's he proven to be a good signing? One half decent game at Madrid and then a flukey goal against Chelsea. Face it Liverpools signings under Rodgers have been dreadful bar one or two players.

He's showed promise in all the games he has played this season, more so for a 20 year old. He has bags of potential which is the reason why Bayern wanted him back as a squad player in the summer before he opted to join Liverpool. I have no doubts at all that he has the qualities to turn into a very, very good midfielder just as I don't that Alberto Moreno will be one of the best full-backs around in time.

. I have no doubts at all that he has the qualities to turn into a very, very good midfielder just as I don't that Alberto Moreno will be one of the best full-backs around in time.

You might be right on both counts in time but there is no way either can be called a good signing based on what little we have seen so far

The point is he had the dough to replace Suarez so went into the season with the strikers he wanted and is missing one..Sturridge..it should not make such a differfence

Exactly

They should not be as low and as poor as they are just cos he is out

Why shouldn't Sturridge being out make such a difference? He's Liverpool most dangerous player along with Sterling. Chelsea would miss Fabregas. Man City are currently missing David Silva. Liverpool are badly missing Sturridge.

Rodgers had a choice in the summer. Either try to bring in a direct replacement for Suarez in which he DID, as he wanted Sanchez included in the Suarez deal, and he also tried to negotiate the transfer of Marco Reus from Dortmund only for them to have a change of heart and keep him at the club. After that he opted for Lambert (let's not suddenly forget he has a very decent goal-scoring record in the EPL) and Markovic, the latter who has been touted by a lot of big clubs in Europe. And then he took the gamble on Balotteli, which at the moment obviously hasn't gone anything like the way in which he would have hoped.

Foreign players need time more often than not. Markovic is a kid and despite his price tag he needs to be given more than just a couple of months to settle down before people can question his talent.

You might be right on both counts in time but there is no way either can be called a good signing based on what little we have seen so far

But it's fine to label them as poor signings just because neither have taken the league by storm? Both have done very well so far no matter how the other players are performing or under-performing.

But those managers won things and certainly by now in Rodgers career he should have won something, he's been a manager for over 6 years. He's far from great and as Ian Wright says he doesn't half love himself (and he should know) ;)

You keep saying I dislike Liverpool and I keep telling you that's far from the case, I like a number of others am not just blind to their failings. The only thing I dislike about Liverpool is Gerrard. Heavens above I keep telling you that up until this season I go twice a season with my Danish mate who comes over on official tours, that's not the sign of someone that dislikes a team.

But it's fine to label them as poor signings just because neither have taken the league by storm? Both have done very well so far no matter how the other players are performing or under-performing.

Personally as I've said before Moreno looks a good footballer but he's a million miles away from being a good defender. Possibly they could push him further forward?

Personally as I've said before Moreno looks a good footballer but he's a million miles away from being a good defender. Possibly they could push him further forward?

But he's young, if he doesn't improve the defensive side of his game in the coming years then that will be down to the coaching at Liverpool. He's not going to be Phillipe Lahm at 22. He could certainly play further forward, but the system Liverpool play it's vital that he does get forward and offer some width, likewise Manquillo on the other side who has barely put a foot wrong since joining but doesn't have either Moreno's pace or power. Rodgers could play Flanagan in place of him who is much better defensively but nowhere near the same threat going forward, or Enrique who is decent at both but excels at neither.

But those managers won things and certainly by now in Rodgers career he should have won something, he's been a manager for over 6 years. He's far from great and as Ian Wright says he doesn't half love himself (and he should know) ;)

You keep saying I dislike Liverpool and I keep telling you that's far from the case, I like a number of others am not just blind to their failings. The only thing I dislike about Liverpool is Gerrard. Heavens above I keep telling you that up until this season I go twice a season with my Danish mate who comes over on official tours, that's not the sign of someone that dislikes a team.

In fairness I stopped reading at the part where you said "and as Ian Wright says". :rolleyes: :D

He knows nothing. But in all seriousness, I've already agreed that Rodgers does have an ego. But if he can back it up, as he more than did last season, then nobody say's anything. It's only when going through a poor patch that clueless cretins like Ian Wright start gobbing off. Talking football with him is probably like trying to explain Algebra to Forrest Gump.

In fairness I stopped reading at the part where you said "and as Ian Wright says". :rolleyes: :D

He knows nothing. But in all seriousness, I've already agreed that Rodgers does have an ego. But if he can back it up, as he more than did last season, then nobody say's anything. It's only when going through a poor patch that clueless cretins like Ian Wright start gobbing off. Talking football with him is probably like trying to explain Algebra to Forrest Gump.

Well at least you didn't accuse me of disliking Liverpool again! ;)

Are there any pundits you do like, that's Wrighty and all the BBC lot you have rubbished now ;)

Archived