onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

Advert

Guess O'Connor would be on a good wage at Rotherham,and apparently he lives in Lincolnshire and so would have to relocate,there could be a long way to go to reach an agreement.

On the other hand his current contract will shortly becoming to an end and he will be looking for employment somewhere,so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

We will go with what we have got if no other signings can be brought it. I hope smurf can bring at least 1 of Jennings or o connor in but if not we have enough players to send 11 players out so we will get behind them just as much.
You might do mate but there are at least 1200 who wont just support any old rag tag and bobtail squad.

Smurf and a lot of people who post on here should realise that the fans need to be attracted to part with their money.

How many know why Sjoke got rid of Pulis? It was because only 8000 renewed their STs so the club had to get him out. Only a percentage will keep turning up out of 'blind faith'.

Also with the cuts and amount of players that have departed all I can say our 4 new signings must be on top money. Otherwise we aren't hearing the full story.

How many know why Sjoke got rid of Pulis? It was because only 8000 renewed their STs so the club had to get him out. Only a percentage will keep turning up out of 'blind faith'.

Could this be a factor in Vales poor season ticket sales total?

Really think our "commercial dept" need to pull something out the bag and justify their exsistence to make this (and other signings for that matter) happen. That's what i see happening at other clubs, sponsorship deals (every Rotherham player was individually sponsored when their name was read out in the warm up) Better Use of club facilities to to make them more profitable, stadium naming rights etc.

The "commercial dept" really need to get creative and make up for the shortfall in ST sales. I'm sorry, but times are hard and we seem MILES behind other clubs on the things I mentioned above in my opinion.

AS for O'Connor, there is no way he is going to up root his family if the money isn't right. We need to stop deluding ourselfs and either -

A) PAy him more or less what he is asking and tie him down

or

B) Move on to targets we can afford and stop wasting our time.

I'm other words, we need to MAKE A FLIPPING DECISION! as time is running out and our squad is currently nothing short of threadbare.

hope I'm wrong, but can't see this one happening I'm afraid.

When have I ever said that I was a fan????

Looking from the outside, this season's squad looks incredibly weak. Surely even you would agree with that.

To a certain degree, you've got a point but the only players I wanted us to keep were Lofty & JMW.

If we get O'Connor then it's an improvement on Loft & I believe Marshall & Moore are an improvement on JMW.

Then the only thing we lack is numbers but Ifelt at times last season that we had too big a squad. Shuker, Taylor, Hugill, Hughes, Chilvers etc all had very little game time. I'd have swapped all of them for a couple of good loanees.

We'll be fine. Keep the faith.

I spoke to someone I consider reliable earlier, said that talks are on going but vale are a fair bit off at the minute.
Just a bit! Long way to go to rescue this deal. All depends on Smurf playing a cool hand and O'Connor taking some sort of cut.

Ultimately we can't spend what we don't have so if the budget doesn't stretch to the signing it won't happen.

If O'Connor is out of our reach when he is exactly the type of player we need to keep our heads above water (I'd say improve us if I felt our other signings were better than what we have lost but I don't think they are, they are just like for like) then it just shows we're only really equipped for league 2 success. We can't progress in league 1 on our gates and as a business are devoid in finding alternative ways to generate cash or get around loop holes like other clubs.

If we can't sign a player like O'Connor then we'll have to admit we've lost our captain and not replaced him therefore we are weaker than last season in one area to begin with.

We had a major issue with the defence which we haven't addressed.

We haven't particularly lost any superstar forwards but it's looking like we've lost Tomlin and Hugill who at some point MAY be replaced by just one player - a cheap, fairly inexperienced and not particularly rated Slew or someone similar perhaps?

We're certainly going to have to use the likes of Dodds and Williamson this year judging by numbers so we'll have to hope that this season is their season.....finally.

I'm surprised Adams stayed on with such restrictions as it's going to be difficult to improve on 9th when you're weaker than the year before.

Archived