onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

I think we need Jennings and O'connor then a right back and two strikers.

I agree a 2nd striker would be nice and maybe another centre half aswell, maybe they could be filled using the loan market with the parent club paying all/most of the wages. I guess this is where a manager of Micky's experience should help as he should have a long list of contacts in the game, hopefully he can call a few favours in and land us a gem on loan!

Advert

Not sure its wise to be discussing the ins & outs of the Club budget on an open forum .

Must be the only Club in the League where a 'portion' of the so called support almost demand and feel they have some kind of rite to know absolutely everything that goes on .

Let 'em keep guessing/speculating Norman ,run the Club and the budget as you see fit and within your means .

As I see it 'pie in the sky' management ,as demanded by some, possibly means no Club and I know which I prefer .

We need a bit of luck to help us along and only if we drop on a cup run or unearth a player which brings some welcome cash in should we look to spend any more than we've got.

We all know what happens with 'fantasy management' , we luckily managed to get rid of them , please let's keep level heads and let the man in control of the budget look after it as he sees fit.

I think we need Jennings and O'connor then a right back and two strikers.

Not going to happen I don't think. I'd be surprised of we get a right back, given Yates and Duffy can both play there. We deffo need at least 1 midfielder (probably 2). I think Birchall will play more games in the center and Lines just behind 1 striker, Pope.

In an ideal world we'll have all these extra players but I just can't see it happening.

Perhaps it's not a question of money being available more a question of is he worth what he is asking for.
I'm sure that O'Connor's wage will come down to it's own level. One thing is for sure we need some quality in midfield and quality always costs more than run of the mill players but they usually pay you back in the long run.

It is all very difficult to understand really...... since January 23 players and 4 back room staff have left the club....... so after just four signings the budget is now more or less spent.......well the two things we know is that we need a right back couple of midfielders and a striker.....the second is that Adams will have to be cute in the loan market

It is all very difficult to understand really...... since January 23 players and 4 back room staff have left the club....... so after just four signings the budget is now more or less spent.......well the two things we know is that we need a right back couple of midfielders and a striker.....the second is that Adams will have to be cute in the loan market

Being back Martin, Prosser, Davidson and Lawrie eh? ;)

REP........perhaps given the budget and squad size some of the development squad could have been kept on.....the likes of Alexander/Carvahlo/Tambini/O'Neil/Dell were all scouted as highly rated young players that the club invested a year into.

Personally I would have kept Alexander but doubt he would have played and we now need better than Yates.

I would definitely have kept O'Neil. Is he even fixed up yet?

I have budgeted for 800k net of Vat ST in a total Club income of 3M which includes £200k contribution from myself (25% net ST sales)

Last season in total cost me 1.6M to keep Club afloat

Before McGivern our Players budget (Salaries, 13% Employer NI, Bonus, Agent Fees and relocation costs) reflected in 73% (Football League calculations)

I suspect we will hit that ceiling this week and then be under Embargo until Xmas depending on gates and Cup receipts

Trust this helps

At the end of the day, just do whatever is in the best interests of the club. A right back, 2 centre midfielders and a striker are needed and everybody knows that to try and push on from last season. Yes, this may mean an embargo but hopefully, the many fans out there who haven't yet purchased a ST will take notice, like the goods on offer and ultimately be persuaded to part with their money. I agree with many that a lot of emphasis has to be put on a good cup run too. Anyway, keep up the good work Smurf!

Normans tweet from a few minutes ago "we were at 73% of budget before we signed McGivern, 3000 STs holds us back and not even 100 10 bundle tickets sold"

It doesn't quite add up to me giving the players who have left and the 4 we have signed I can't see our budget have been dented that much, but from that tweet it looks very bleak!

It also looks like we are as cash strapped as a lot of people on here make out!

Not read the rest of the thread yet so apologies if this has been mentioned but lets not forget that we got fees for Tomlin(small one at a guess),Hugill(more than Tomlin I would of thought) and Davis(you would expect to be more than the others).Maybe he is just trying to get people worried so they buy tickets but who knows,i think this sort of thing as the opposite affect tbh and is a bit of bad PR

Archived