onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

Advert

Unfortunately last nights tweet is just another example of bad pr . People will be queuing round the block for ten game tickets now won't they ? Why have trialists playing for us if the budget has gone ? It is not a chicken and egg quandary , it is a case of sign good players and people will pay to watch them , o Connor fits that billing . Only diehards blindly spend money on season tickets , others want to know who they are going to be watching .

......aslong as he takes a wage cut if Smurthwaites tweet is to be believed.

No offence Smurthwaite but you sell season tickets by signing quality midfielders, not pleading poverty and signing unknowns. There must be other ways for a business to generate cash other than season tickets.

.....and if we've only sold less than 100 of the 10-gamers that can be scrapped next season.

The plan for last night was never to play O'Connor as he lives in Lincoln and he will be in talks again today.

(Source @LeeBlakeman)

I am told the Player wants to sign for Vale BUT his offer of a contract needs increasing its not good enough.........Lets hope some agreement can be made today......

I am told the Player wants to sign for Vale BUT his offer of a contract needs increasing its not good enough.........Lets hope some agreement can be made today......

The player wants to sign or he wouldn't have played at Newcastle town. He's after a job and will go where the money is.

At this moment it's unlikely he will be a vale player.

Smurfs comments On twitter last night that the budget was at 73% before mcgivern signed is worrying.

I know season tickets may be down in last year a bit but we've lost some big money off the wages in

Griff

Loft

Jeno

Dan jones

Shuker

Chilvers

Rob Taylor

Joe Davis

Huggill

Tomlin

Lee Hughes

And we've only signed 4 players who I don't believe will be on wages like Dickinson, pope and lines.

Apart from signing mcgivern who doesn't exactly come with good reviews. It doesn't look good when we have hardly strengthened the defence from last season

Doug loft will be massive to replace taking into account his goals tally from midfield last seaon. There should be good money to trim the squad but also to the same time sign 4/5 good quality lads.

Then we've got attacking options. Or lack of them. Ben Williamson will continue to frustrate as long as the lads a footballer. He will not score goals if he plays all season. Pope will hopefully get 15 again and then we need another striker to play next to him and hopefully do the same but that's not going to happen is it. I thought we would go all out this time and try get a good striker in, toms not getting any younger and if an injury occurs then we have no target man in the squad.

Didn't Micky say a few weeks back that we were battling with too league 1 sides this season to improve in the players we let go? Well I'd say byron Moore is possibly on par with myrie Williams maybe better?

It could be that we can somehow use loans and we manage to pay hardly any of the wages if we are this bad with cash.

I just hope we can get them in soon so they can train together.

And another thing. Why aren't Norman and team getting money into the club through other avenues. I wonder if we will have 5/6 games again this season without a match sponsor?

The biggest loss this season has been in midfield - we had a dodgy defence last season and had to rely on Pope too much but we coped. We need to get a decent midfielder in, we need to make O'Connor our top signing if needs be. Good age, good experience and rated highly at a successful club. It'd cost us more in the long run I'm sure of it.

The player wants to sign or he wouldn't have played at Newcastle town. He's after a job and will go where the money is.

At this moment it's unlikely he will be a vale player.

Smurfs comments On twitter last night that the budget was at 73% before mcgivern signed is worrying.

I know season tickets may be down in last year a bit but we've lost some big money off the wages in

Griff

Loft

Jeno

Dan jones

Shuker

Chilvers

Rob Taylor

Joe Davis

Huggill

Tomlin

Lee Hughes

And we've only signed 4 players who I don't believe will be on wages like Dickinson, pope and lines.

Apart from signing mcgivern who doesn't exactly come with good reviews. It doesn't look good when we have hardly strengthened the defence from last season

Doug loft will be massive to replace taking into account his goals tally from midfield last seaon. There should be good money to trim the squad but also to the same time sign 4/5 good quality lads.

Then we've got attacking options. Or lack of them. Ben Williamson will continue to frustrate as long as the lads a footballer. He will not score goals if he plays all season. Pope will hopefully get 15 again and then we need another striker to play next to him and hopefully do the same but that's not going to happen is it. I thought we would go all out this time and try get a good striker in, toms not getting any younger and if an injury occurs then we have no target man in the squad.

Didn't Micky say a few weeks back that we were battling with too league 1 sides this season to improve in the players we let go? Well I'd say byron Moore is possibly on par with myrie Williams maybe better?

It could be that we can somehow use loans and we manage to pay hardly any of the wages if we are this bad with cash.

I just hope we can get them in soon so they can train together.

And another thing. Why aren't Norman and team getting money into the club through other avenues. I wonder if we will have 5/6 games again this season without a match sponsor?

We also lost the cost of the development squad. No point moaning about the ten ticket offer, there is no incentive saving wise to buy one.

However, surely Adams knows the budget and what players he needs. Would you spend it all and leave the yourself with massively important positions unfilled.

......aslong as he takes a wage cut if Smurthwaites tweet is to be believed.

No offence Smurthwaite but you sell season tickets by signing quality midfielders, not pleading poverty and signing unknowns. There must be other ways for a business to generate cash other than season tickets.

.....and if we've only sold less than 100 of the 10-gamers that can be scrapped next season.

Looks like its going to be a hard season as Micky Adams always says you never see a poor bookie I hope he is wrong.

Archived