onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

We already lost Knott to a higher wage to a rival. Players come and go and move on but we have a good opportunity with O'Connor who is clearly interested in playing for us. We've lost a lot of players, including our captain therefore we need a good, solid regular that has had some recent success....no offence to our signings so far but they haven't fallen into that catergory and it will show if they aren't complimented with the odd higher earner.

Advert

Perhaps it's not a question of money being available more a question of is he worth what he is asking for.

He played a role in earning a league 1 club promotion so I'd say he's worth at least Doug Lofts wage plus a little more. Loft is the player we have to replace right this season yet we've seen no additions that could take his mantle as yet.

He played a role in earning a league 1 club promotion so I'd say he's worth at least Doug Lofts wage plus a little more. Loft is the player we have to replace right this season yet we've seen no additions that could take his mantle as yet.

O connor said on his twitter he wasn't training today or plying the friendliest over the next two days. He did however state that he would be speaking to Micky later on in the week to sort it out.

O connor said on his twitter he wasn't training today or plying the friendliest over the next two days. He did however state that he would be speaking to Micky later on in the week to sort it out.

Hopefully it will be sorted this week and he'll stay then

Normans tweet from a few minutes ago "we were at 73% of budget before we signed McGivern, 3000 STs holds us back and not even 100 10 bundle tickets sold"

It doesn't quite add up to me giving the players who have left and the 4 we have signed I can't see our budget have been dented that much, but from that tweet it looks very bleak!

It also looks like we are as cash strapped as a lot of people on here make out!

Normans tweet from a few minutes ago "we were at 73% of budget before we signed McGivern, 3000 STs holds us back and not even 100 10 bundle tickets sold"

It doesn't quite add up to me giving the players who have left and the 4 we have signed I can't see our budget have been dented that much, but from that tweet it looks very bleak!

It also looks like we are as cash strapped as a lot of people on here make out!

Well unless McGivern is on £8,000 a week, or our total playing budget for the season is less than £480,000 then hitting the 73% budget mark before the McGivern signing shouldn't hold us back in getting in at least a couple more quality players...

Archived