onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Teacher stabbed to death at Leeds school

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I could tell stories of 50+ years ago where teachers rapped children's knuckles with the edge of a wooden rule whilst singing nursery rhymes, caned them [excessively?] without making an entry in the punishment book, ran the length of the gym to hit a childs backside with a wooden bat or large plimsoll... I could also tell tales of teachers ridiculing, degrading and mocking children, in front of their class mates, because of their perceived inabilities or appearance... ah the good old days eh... how we miss them when they are gone

once you found out ,the painful way that a particular teacher was a psycho then you behaved in class,oh brother didn't you behave...:sums::shutup::dizzy:

once you found out ,the painful way that a particular teacher was a psycho then you behaved in class,oh brother didn't you behave...:sums::shutup::dizzy:

What's gone wrong in our schools?

A Freedom of Information request by the Sun on Sunday found that there were 10,000 attacks in 2011/12 and 10,750 in 2012/13 in the 70 local authorities who replied.

This research revealed that children as young as four were involved in violence and teachers reported assaults including being headbutted,stabbed in the arm with a pencil and punched.

And Leeds had the second highest number of attacks among the councils supplying figures

My brother was a music teacher in Doncaster and then SoT..teaching in secondary schools

He left the profession after 10 years to go into higher education instead. There was more than one reason for him leaving but amongst them was teachers not being supported anymore in disciplining children (and no he wasn't condoning caning or anything similar). the battles with PTA and local govt were lost supposedly in favour of the children but in reality they were only in favour of the disruptive children who now had much more licence to do what they wanted and to disrupt the education of those who were not trouble makers.

He had chairs thrown at him, parents coming down to the school threatening him when he did disciplinen their children and so on and there really was no measure available to him to disciplione the trouble makers and ptrotect those trying to learn.

My niece has a 13 year old who wants to get on but lesson after lesson is ruined by the unruly ones and the shcool and teachers do nothing

Firstly I blame parents, I blame educational thinkers who made everythig child-centric and I blame a thought process that is too hung up on the individual..children are children not simply young people and need rules, boundaries, discipline, deterrants, role models and so on

Incidents have always happened and there will always be an unruly element and those that take it to the extreme but teachers and schools must have the power to deal with them, put them on the right path and protect those wanting to learn

I suspect the penny is finally dropping

My brother was a music teacher in Doncaster and then SoT..teaching in secondary schools

He left the profession after 10 years to go into higher education instead. There was more than one reason for him leaving but amongst them was teachers not being supported anymore in disciplining children (and no he wasn't condoning caning or anything similar). the battles with PTA and local govt were lost supposedly in favour of the children but in reality they were only in favour of the disruptive children who now had much more licence to do what they wanted and to disrupt the education of those who were not trouble makers.

He had chairs thrown at him, parents coming down to the school threatening him when he did disciplinen their children and so on and there really was no measure available to him to disciplione the trouble makers and ptrotect those trying to learn.

My niece has a 13 year old who wants to get on but lesson after lesson is ruined by the unruly ones and the shcool and teachers do nothing

Firstly I blame parents, I blame educational thinkers who made everythig child-centric and I blame a thought process that is too hung up on the individual..children are children not simply young people and need rules, boundaries, discipline, deterrants, role models and so on

Incidents have always happened and there will always be an unruly element and those that take it to the extreme but teachers and schools must have the power to deal with them, put them on the right path and protect those wanting to learn

Spare the rod and spoil the child?

A good summary of the issue and precisely why a friend of mine left to teach in Cyprus then Egypt. I would only add that our childrens role models are currently empty headed publicity seeking reality TV "celebs" and twerking pot smoking pop singers who cant keep their clothes on. I'm glad my children are mostly grown up.

I would only add that our childrens role models are currently empty headed publicity seeking reality TV "celebs" and twerking pot smoking pop singers who cant keep their clothes on. I'm glad my children are mostly grown up.

That is the fault of parents who allow their children to see such people as role models; one day we will see the damage done by allowing such role models (if we aren't already seeing it).

Archived