onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

25th April, 2014. Port Vale 1 Sheffield Utd 2. Match itself, All comments..

Fosse69

The much maligned Louis Dodds proved what a good player he is if allowed to play in his proper position. His over all performance was top class and his goal the icing on the cake.

I feel that after his customary substitution we lost midfield and Brayford the bearded wonder took over and this is the main reason why we lost the game.

Advert

Disappointed to lose last night. Thought we deserved a point at least.

Thought they were solid more than anything else. Wouldn't say they were anything special.

The subs seemed to change the game for the negative. The lads had put a hell of a lot of work in though so would be tiring anyway.

Great finish by Doddsy & another very good performance. Is it too little too late*though?

Thanks Vale for a very entertaining last match at Vale Park this campaign.

With a depleted squad we did everything to show that we are very much a team to be respected. Our lack of fire power up front and again, unfortunately the age old inability to actually defend cost us but we have to congratulate the players on a smashing performance.

Good base to build on for next season if we can attract a few quality signings and we can all look forward to more progress for our great Club.:thankssign:

Yes am disappointed with the result but yet again another encouraging performance,we were well on top when ADAMS made his substitutes which change the game in SU favour... FIX FIX FIX .joking apart, could not see the point unless it was just to give other players one last run out at VALE PARK

I'm a human being capable of empathy and appreciate the opportunity to applaud a person who did his best for us when his career ending condition allowed.

Yes cos football is all about empathy! Dear God! So you'd rather applaud a player who has hardly played all season than maintain a lead and keep a grip of a game and, ultimately, win your last game of the season thus ending the campaign on a high which could boost season ticket sales?

Go watch morris dancing or summat. You are probably a social worker.

I personally came out of that game thinking "Same old story under Adams". Can't keep a lead and we need score more than one to win cos we'll concede 2. It happens so often that it's getting boring. The football has been crap all season. Disjointed and lacking in ideas up front. The back four have been terrible all year. They weren't any great shakes but again, last 10 minutes we made them look it. Since January the amount of games we lost to teams below us was laughable. The Crewe game killed my pig. If the players and manager couldn't be arsed then neither can I. I'm also not that fussed if Adams goes. Perhaps we can get a manager with a winning mentality and go for promotion. The play offs were achievable had we not rolled over and died as many times this year. Irrespective of Adams bleating about the budget.

The much maligned Louis Dodds proved what a good player he is if allowed to play in his proper position. His over all performance was top class and his goal the icing on the cake.

I feel that after his customary substitution we lost midfield and Brayford the bearded wonder took over and this is the main reason why we lost the game.

Absolutely bob on.

However, I think if there had been any significance to the game Adams wouldn't have changed things. He gave Ryan Lloyd & Jordan Hugill some more game time and Shuker a last run out before he (unfortunately) has to retire.

Sheffield Utd really get on my t***s. As I've said before on here if they played a team of geriatric nuns and we had the Spain squad playing for us they'd win. Our record against them is woeful over our entire history. That said the Blunts will be No.1 contenders to win this division next season.

UP THE VALE!!

Disappointing result more than the performance for me, I thought we tried hard with the amount of injuries we have but Sheffield Utd just seem to have that indian sign over us! I don't ever recall us beating them at VP(certainly since I've been following Vale late 80s/early 90s?). I agree with SOTT above they could turn up with hangovers after 3 nights on the **** and they'd still somehow beat us if we had Ronaldo and Messi playing!:(

I'd give Dodds MOTM for us, very good 2nd half and taking him off contributed to costs us something from the game imo! Most of the team put in a good shift but to be fair Sheffield looked the more skillful in their passing as a general rule. Although until they scored we kept them largely at arms length and to longer range attempts.

Don't want to finish on a negative as it was end of season game but I thought Griffith was awful and has been the last 2 or 3 months when he's played. Don't get me wrong he's a whole hearted trier and can be good at tackling. I even did the charity shirt thing for him a few years ago, so I like the bloke, but I think he has to go. Passing I've seen some rubbish over the years at Vale, but oh dear Griff you top the lot at times! Simply not good enough for League One consistantly!

All in all a good season, I expected bottom 8 if I'm honest so top half(hopefully) is a good achievement. There has been poor performances at frustrations but like I said we could have been in a relegation battle! I can laugh at the Shrewsbury fans I know locally at least until next season, who all thought we'd struggle last August! I just hope we don't have 2nd season syndrome like them but water has to go under bridges before then. Enjoy the summer everyone!

Credit where it's due,he scored a good goal and had a decent game against his old enemy,the Blades.

What do you think of Jeno's performance? :unsure:

Credit where it's due,he scored a good goal and had a decent game against his old enemy,the Blades.

What do you think of Jeno's performance? :unsure:

He worked harder than of late but his decision making was as frustrating as ever. The lad has the pace to frighten defenders but this season he has seldom used it.

Dunks agree with you there Mike. Most games he has been double marked whereas other players haven't. I don't see two players following Louis Ford's around the pitch mate. Shame because knowing Louis's sense of humour he would lead them off the pitch giving us a man advantage :D

Archived