onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rico wants back.

Conrad

Advert

With a reduced budget next year, we will more than likely bringing in league 2 and seeing if micky can raise their standards and over achieve again. Micky knows what Richards can do and he will judge if he can add anything to the squad. Micky may think that an experienced striker will improve hughill in the same way that hughes helped the other strikers. At 32, his age is not a problem. I also don't think that you can judge too much about his time at chesterfield because he was brought in by another manager who left soon afterwards and Cook was never going to play to Richards strengths. He still looked decent when he played against us last year! I agree that him and pope could not play together, but I would place Rico ahead of Williamson and Tomlin any day if the week.

Based on his recent injury record, I wouldn't be surprised for one minute if we saw Rico training with us in pre season with a view to a 1 year contract. I'd be happy with that as micky would get a good chance to see if he has enough in his tank.

Rico was our leader in his last couple of years and his performances at that time were by and large excellent. We were all surprised by the pope last year but I think that Rico would have filled his boots also with the same level of service.

Pope would be my starter but an experienced head on the bench in the form of Rico would be good in my opinion if he us fit and strong. Rico clearly has an affinity for the club through his family ties and I wouldn't mind betting that his performance levels could go up 20 percent by playing in surroundings he loved, just like pope.

Where else would we find an experienced forward with over 100 league goals to his name? If fit, it's a definite yes for me.

The usual rubbish. "Proven 20 goals a season" my ****. He's not scored 20 since he left, he's also 2 years older and injured more. Pope scored more in one season than Richards has in 2. The best thing to happen to Vale was the greedy git leaving. Totally changed how we played and got us promoted. Now we just need to get rid of Griffith and we can really start moving forward. Not back. You lot will be wanting David Healy back next.

The usual rubbish. "Proven 20 goals a season" my ****. He's not scored 20 since he left, he's also 2 years older and injured more. Pope scored more in one season than Richards has in 2. The best thing to happen to Vale was the greedy git leaving. Totally changed how we played and got us promoted. Now we just need to get rid of Griffith and we can really start moving forward. Not back. You lot will be wanting David Healy back next.

I didn't say I wanted him back, just stated that I was told that Rico wanted to come back.

To be fair prior to the last 2 seasons Pope had only scored double figures once in his career.

It's all about the squad you have and system you play.

Ultimately Micky will decide I guess.

Archived