onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo rips Bratt's US deal to shreds

Advert

Beechy has hit the nail on the head.

This has been a major gripe for me with V2001 before we even saw what rats they all were. They are quite content to spend money and agree deals/loan on stuff that affects off the pitch matters, but constantly neglect what really matters at a football club. ie on the pitch and investment in this.

Ultimately I couldn't give a flying **** if we have the best scoreboard in league two that Stan Meigh dug deep to fund, we are going to have access to all weather training pitches or the club pays less on it's energy bills because Bratt negotiated another loan! It's all well and good but where does it get us on the pitch which ultimately matters!

It's all well and good whoever is in charge to finish the Lorne Street stand, build new facilities elsewhere, buy a mop-bucket and a can of Fabreeze for the toilets in the Paddock... But however much of a cliche it is the most important thing is what happens on the pitch. If the team gets success on the playing side of things then the extra attendances and increased revenue will have a positive knock on effect for the club as a whole.

It's all well and good whoever is in charge to finish the Lorne Street stand, build new facilities elsewhere, buy a mop-bucket and a can of Fabreeze for the toilets in the Paddock... But however much of a cliche it is the most important thing is what happens on the pitch. If the team gets success on the playing side of things then the extra attendances and increased revenue will have a positive knock on effect for the club as a whole.

Stop being daft ah kid :razz:

Well written article which highlights the many flaws in the deal Bratt has worked night and day to put together over six months ;)

http://www.mochaudry.co.uk/?p=744

Great stuff Mo, but I have three doubts. 1/ The Sentinel will not print it, or it will be edited.

2/ The board will just ignore it.

3/ The people who we need to see this ( mainly share holders) will not see it.

===

If we need all weather training facilities MC will sort it in a considered way, not in a rushed deal to save the boards skin. After all he has promised Academy type facilities of which this would one item. But the team and business functioning are the priority for now.

Every point is relevant but, without wanting to sound critcal, the article is to long. He needs to put over the points in a punchier shortened format to keep readers glued until the last, not losing interest halfway through like some doubters no doubt will.

This also needs to be in the public domain via the Evening Sentinel and RS, not on OVF, FB or a blog no shareholders will get to see. We on here are converted in the main, one last chance to convert the doubters.

Excellent points Timothius,this needs to be got over to the non believers in a shortend version

Beechy has hit the nail on the head.

This has been a major gripe for me with V2001 before we even saw what rats they all were. They are quite content to spend money and agree deals/loan on stuff that affects off the pitch matters, but constantly neglect what really matters at a football club. ie on the pitch and investment in this.

Ultimately I couldn't give a flying **** if we have the best scoreboard in league two that Stan Meigh dug deep to fund, we are going to have access to all weather training pitches or the club pays less on it's energy bills because Bratt negotiated another loan! It's all well and good but where does it get us on the pitch which ultimately matters!

This is what I have been saying for many years even in the early days of v2001 at vale. I always said a footb all club is to exsist to play at the highest level and compete the best it possibly can. Vale just seem to want to survive. What is the point in it surviving if it won't compete. It doesn't even seem to even try on the pitch suffers all the time so we can have a fancy enterprise centre or like you say the best scoreboard in the league. What about on the pitch funding ? We need a bigger and better playing budget and also to be able to actualy pay fees for payers. WE NEED TO PAY FEES. Look at Chesterfield bought two players we could have aquired if we were able to buy players. It is no goo haveing a large playing budget if you can't buy players aswell.

Every point is relevant but, without wanting to sound critcal, the article is to long. He needs to put over the points in a punchier shortened format to keep readers glued until the last, not losing interest halfway through like some doubters no doubt will.

This also needs to be in the public domain via the Evening Sentinel and RS, not on OVF, FB or a blog no shareholders will get to see. We on here are converted in the main, one last chance to convert the doubters.

tbh if the MC/MS doubters are any sort of vale fans then they should read every column inch about what happens at vale park. i read the article about the amerturf investment in the sentinel yesterday even though im right behind mo and mark

About the £100K loan... the club will not be looking to pay this back.

What they're hoping for is to convert it into shares.

It is proposed that this investment will be in the form of a £400,000 purchase of new Port Vale shares, equating to 24.9% of the Club's issued share capital, with the remaining £100,000 to be an interest-free loan to the Club until such time as the 24.9% rule permits that loan also to be converted into new Port Vale shares.

So if no-one buys shares, this loan cannot be converted to shares under the current rules.

Twitters, i was not on about the 1.2m share issue i was talking about the 3.8m loan, simples..........

No one has any idea on the terms, Id imagine Mo has no real idea till he see's what state the accounts are in. This answers you in full I hope.

Archived