onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo rips Bratt's US deal to shreds

Advert

Every point is relevant but, without wanting to sound critcal, the article is to long. He needs to put over the points in a punchier shortened format to keep readers glued until the last, not losing interest halfway through like some doubters no doubt will.

This also needs to be in the public domain via the Evening Sentinel and RS, not on OVF, FB or a blog no shareholders will get to see. We on here are converted in the main, one last chance to convert the doubters.

I disagree with the part in which he says "Artificial pitches – is this really the ideal pre-season training for the Football League?

What is wrong with the training pitches at Vale Park and the dimensions pitches adjacent to Vale Park"

I wouldn't of thought it will be used for pre season? It would be good for winter most defiantly. I trained last season on dimensions and the slightest bit of frost and they stop you from using it! The surface is old and nowhere near the standard to what Vale should be training on. Artificial grass is great for all kinds of weather bar the extreme. Do we want to be in the position where we can not train for a few weeks over xmas like last xmas every year! I think this is an important issue.

Saying that I'm just as skeptical about this so called investment as everyone else is

I disagree with the part in which he says "Artificial pitches – is this really the ideal pre-season training for the Football League?

What is wrong with the training pitches at Vale Park and the dimensions pitches adjacent to Vale Park"

I wouldn't of thought it will be used for pre season? It would be good for winter most defiantly. I trained last season on dimensions and the slightest bit of frost and they stop you from using it! The surface is old and nowhere near the standard to what Vale should be training on. Artificial grass is great for all kinds of weather bar the extreme. Do we want to be in the position where we can not train for a few weeks over xmas like last xmas every year! I think this is an important issue.

But nowhere near as important as investment in the team.

Well written article which highlights the many flaws in the deal Bratt has worked night and day to put together over six months ;)

http://www.mochaudry.co.uk/?p=744

All the pertenant questions are here for shareholders to ask. One other thing. I have noticed, because I live on the Wirral, that Tranmere Rovers hire the astro turf pitches at Pensby School when the weather is bad. Bet that is a cheaper option!

Now I know PV aspire to Premier League facilities, but one needs to climb the league first by investing in the team and business side of the club.===

I 100% agree that investing in the team is a much bigger issue but I really do feel we need better facilities as dimensions is awful and past it's sell by date for a professional football side! It would also help in attracting players if they could see decent facilities. Not only that it would benefit the youngsters who train on dimensions at the minute. But yes I do see his point in there being bigger issues.

just wrote this letter to the sentinel, see if this gets printed...............

Dear sir/madam,

I was greatly surprised to see the article 1.6 million pound boost to Port Vale, however when reading the actual article, the deal does not seem to be all its made out to be.

As a fan i agree we need investment, but £400k of new shares and another intrest free loan of 100K, is not a large amount of money. With regards to the 100k pound loan, i ask myself why do we need another loan, after all not long ago, we had season ticket sales of 2,000 and a statement saying we had 13k in the bank.

I don't think its wise to take on any other loans interest free or whatever as we are still paying off the council loan, which is still the debt the current board brought upon the club, when they decided to buy it. Does preseason tours help the playing squad? does state of the art training facilities benefit the playing squad in terms of quality players?. Crewe have excellent facilities, yet they to seem to struggle to get out of the division. Also 1.6 million pound over 10 years works out to be 160k a year and who's to say where the company who propose this deal will be in ten years time. Bigger companies have gone bust in a smaller amount of time.

With local business men willing to put 1.2 million pound into the club, (new money), the board has always wanted local people to be involved, they discussed Mike Newtons bid and voted against it, 1 of the reasons being that he lived in America, so why on earth have they changed their minds about investment from over the water?. To me being just a fan, success and higher club profile comes when the team is successful on the pitch and moving up into higher divisions, thus bringing in new sponsors etc. There seems to be a hidden agenda, to why Mr Simm's and Mr Choudry's money is not as good as the proposed offer from America. They are directors and not owners of the club, therefore they should do what is best for the club and forget any personal issue's they have with any investor, business is business at the end of the day, you don't have to like a person to do business with them.

Puzzled from Maybank

Archived