onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League

But if Liverpool beat Sevilla they'll be in next seasons Champions League ;) If they do then I honestly think players like Marco Reus and Mario Gotze could be very much a real possibility. Liverpool need a keeper with more presence than Mignolet, who is still a better keeper than some give him credit for, a left-back and another forward to replace Benteke who simply doesn't fit into the style of play Klopp wants from his team. If not Reus then I'd like to see Walcott brought in who seems unhappy with the situation at Arsenal. His contract is running down and he won't cost a lot of money, and when on form is still an excellent player who has the mobility Klopp likes in a forward player.

If Liverpool get into the CL then Mats Hummels would be a top signing but there'd be much competition.

Advert

Apparently,Klopp is in for Aaron Cresswell.

At the moment he's definitely better suited as a left sided midfield player or winger. He's still young enough to improve the defensive side of his game but whe you think about it there aren't many full-balls around that are as good going one way than they are the other. I think he has plenty of strengths but at the moment he's certainly the weak link in the side.

Just about all the Liverpool fans I have spoken to, or seen quoted or interviewed, seem massively certain they will walk the final and it is as good as won. Maybe they should look at Sevilla's record in this competition in recent times.

Once there was a European Cup for true champions, winners of leagues, now we have a place being awarded to the 'best team that couldn't quite manage the top 4 in their own country and haven't won their own league since God knopws when.'

At the moment he's definitely better suited as a left sided midfield player or winger. He's still young enough to improve the defensive side of his game but whe you think about it there aren't many full-balls around that are as good going one way than they are the other. I think he has plenty of strengths but at the moment he's certainly the weak link in the side.

Cresswell is the wink link in the Hammers side? Are you on something!!

Just about all the Liverpool fans I have spoken to, or seen quoted or interviewed, seem massively certain they will walk the final and it is as good as won. Maybe they should look at Sevilla's record in this competition in recent times.

Once there was a European Cup for true champions, winners of leagues, now we have a place being awarded to the 'best team that couldn't quite manage the top 4 in their own country and haven't won their own league since God knopws when.'

I don't know exactly whom you have been walking or listening to but anyone who knows anything about football realises it's a 50/50 final as Sevilla are a good side, just as Villareal were and Dortmund before that. Over two legs I think Liverpool would be the favourites but in a final that isn't the case. Despite the fact that they've won it a couple of times I'd much prefer to be facing Sevilla rather than Borussia Dortmund.

In Beechy's delusions this season then again Bodgers was the messiah :laugh:

I don't recall once saying that he was a messiah or anything like, you cock-knocker. What I did say is that he's a very good manager, one that almost lead Liverpool to a title win that absolutely nobody predicted while also playing some of the best football in Europe, led by Suarez who had improved massively under Rodgers in regards to his consistency.

I don't recall once saying that he was a messiah or anything like, you cock-knocker. What I did say is that he's a very good manager, one that almost lead Liverpool to a title win that absolutely nobody predicted while also playing some of the best football in Europe, led by Suarez who had improved massively under Rodgers in regards to his consistency.

Yes Beechla,Suarez has gone backwards since he left Liverpool.

Yes Beechla,Suarez has gone backwards since he left Liverpool.

What has what he's doing for Barcelona get to do with anything? Suarez had obvious ability when he joined Liverpool but was massively inconsistent and missed a lot of chances. He found consistency under Rodgers and the manager has to take some credit for that, along with playing in a style that allowed Suarez to truly flourish.

Champions sometime league, as you say surely only the top team of each country should be in it. There is now talk of playing on Saturdays for the Far East TV money, sums it up I suppose.

Champions sometime league, as you say surely only the top team of each country should be in it. There is now talk of playing on Saturdays for the Far East TV money, sums it up I suppose.

Know where you're coming from Fosse but often heard it said that in the days of the European Cup (One Qualifier), UEFA/Inter Cities Fairs Cup (Multiple qualifiers based on league position) and European Cup Winners Cup (Winning the FA Cup) that the best team in the country when the competitions were actually being played was in the UEFA/ICFC Cup 'cause they were approaching/at their peak whereas the European Cup winners had passed their peak.

Know where you're coming from Fosse but often heard it said that in the days of the European Cup (One Qualifier), UEFA/Inter Cities Fairs Cup (Multiple qualifiers based on league position) and European Cup Winners Cup (Winning the FA Cup) that the best team in the country when the competitions were actually being played was in the UEFA/ICFC Cup 'cause they were approaching/at their peak whereas the European Cup winners had passed their peak.
Don't see why it is any different today, the season after qualification can be the same, or better or worse.

Archived