onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League

City were awful and went out with a whimper against a Madrid side that were there for the taking over the two legs. Why start Toure who not only is one of the laziest players around but also knows he'll be off in the summer once Guardiola arrives? He was absolutely shocking last night and not for the first time this season. I like Pellegrini as a person as I've already stated but I think his time at City can hardly be deemed a success.

Liverpool may or may not go through this evening against a good Villareal side but one thing I know for sure is that they'll give it a damned good go under Klopp, win or lose.

To be fair I agree and I think Klopp's Liverpool are the only team to play the English way in Europe.

That said it is a much poorer competition that again I'd imagine a Spanish team will probably win.

Makes me laugh when people say Spain isn't the strongest league and yet four teams (NONE OF WHICH ARE BARCA) could make up the final of both European competitions.

Advert

To be fair I agree and I think Klopp's Liverpool are the only team to play the English way in Europe.

That said it is a much poorer competition that again I'd imagine a Spanish team will probably win.

Makes me laugh when people say Spain isn't the strongest league and yet four teams (NONE OF WHICH ARE BARCA) could make up the final of both European competitions.

Spain is by far currently the strongest league in regards to the best three teams, of that there can be no doubt. But the Premiership is by far the most entertaining and competitive by some distance. On this subject, I was just wondering what a best 11 might be betwee the two leagues. I think only De Gea and Augero have a chance of making it, and even the latter would miss out as I don't think he's a better player than Luis Suarez.

Premiership 11 -

De Gea

Darmian

Kompany

Terry

Rose?

Dier or Fernandinho

Silva

Ozil

Mahrez

De Bruyne

Augero

La Liga 11 -

Oblak

Ramos

Varane

Pique

Marcelo

Busquets

Modric

Rakitic

Messi

Ronaldo

Suarez

Couldn't find a place in the 11 for Griezmann, Bale or Neymar. The difference between the two sides says everything really.

The Spanish,German,Italian Dutch and French Leagues are on cruise control for 90% of their seasons because of lack of competition.apart from the Villa,most of the PL games have been much more competitive and it shows at the sharp end of the season.

Outstanding from Liverpool at Anfield again this evening. Completely dominated a good team from start to finish and I don't think even the likes of Barcelona and Bayern would relish playing Liverpool at Anfield on nights like this. Lots of good individual performances starting at the back with Lovren, who under Klopp has been the player Liverpool hoped they had signed when they payed a lot of money to bring him from Southampton, and Roberto Firmino who has a bit of Suarez in him, though obviously not at the same level yet. Sturridge was his usual massively greedy self that can be infuriating at times but he's a player no defense enjoys playing against.

Should be a cracking final against another good Spanish team in Sevilla.

Outstanding from Liverpool at Anfield again this evening. Completely dominated a good team from start to finish and I don't think even the likes of Barcelona and Bayern would relish playing Liverpool at Anfield on nights like this. Lots of good individual performances starting at the back with Lovren, who under Klopp has been the player Liverpool hoped they had signed when they payed a lot of money to bring him from Southampton, and Roberto Firmino who has a bit of Suarez in him, though obviously not at the same level yet. Sturridge was his usual massively greedy self that can be infuriating at times but he's a player no defense enjoys playing against.

Should be a cracking final against another good Spanish team in Sevilla.

You are on the wrong thread Beechy lad, this is the Champions League thread, not some Micky mouse cup thread ;)

Great performance from Liverpool though, certain of their fans and management probably feel a little sorry for the way they celebrated last week now.

You are on the wrong thread Beechy lad, this is the Champions League thread, not some Micky mouse cup thread ;)

Great performance from Liverpool though, certain of their fans and management probably feel a little sorry for the way they celebrated last week now.

But if Liverpool beat Sevilla they'll be in next seasons Champions League ;) If they do then I honestly think players like Marco Reus and Mario Gotze could be very much a real possibility. Liverpool need a keeper with more presence than Mignolet, who is still a better keeper than some give him credit for, a left-back and another forward to replace Benteke who simply doesn't fit into the style of play Klopp wants from his team. If not Reus then I'd like to see Walcott brought in who seems unhappy with the situation at Arsenal. His contract is running down and he won't cost a lot of money, and when on form is still an excellent player who has the mobility Klopp likes in a forward player.

Also have to say that James Milner has completely changed my view on him since joining the club. I used to think he was a Championship player, although respected the effort he put in week in, week out. But after a slow start he's been fantastic for Liverpool under Klopp and is a big part of what Klopp wants to achieve at the club. That also goes for Adam Lallana who is finally showing his ability more consistently and adding goals to his game to go along with all of the fancy flicks and turns.

Also have to say that James Milner has completely changed my view on him since joining the club. I used to think he was a Championship player, although respected the effort he put in week in, week out. But after a slow start he's been fantastic for Liverpool under Klopp and is a big part of what Klopp wants to achieve at the club. That also goes for Adam Lallana who is finally showing his ability more consistently and adding goals to his game to go along with all of the fancy flicks and turns.

Both are nailed on for the Euro squad along with Sturridge and Clyne.

Both are nailed on for the Euro squad along with Sturridge and Clyne.

For sure. I think some credit has to go to both Klopp and Pochettino for getting the best out of their English players. Hopefully Hodgson can do the same! If he does then England can have an exciting Euro's and do the country proud even if they don't win it.

Beechy you chump this is the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE thread ;)

But if Liverpool beat Sevilla they'll be in next seasons Champions League ;) If they do then I honestly think players like Marco Reus and Mario Gotze could be very much a real possibility. Liverpool need a keeper with more presence than Mignolet, who is still a better keeper than some give him credit for, a left-back and another forward to replace Benteke who simply doesn't fit into the style of play Klopp wants from his team. If not Reus then I'd like to see Walcott brought in who seems unhappy with the situation at Arsenal. His contract is running down and he won't cost a lot of money, and when on form is still an excellent player who has the mobility Klopp likes in a forward player.

I agree with all of that but surely you don't need a left back as Moreno was going to be the next Maldini wasn't he? :laugh:

Are you finally coming round to my way of thinking he's a left midfielder, not a full back??

I agree with all of that but surely you don't need a left back as Moreno was going to be the next Maldini wasn't he? :laugh:

Are you finally coming round to my way of thinking he's a left midfielder, not a full back??

Apparently,Klopp is in for Aaron Cresswell.

Archived