onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New players

yorky valiant

Advert

To be honest Yates, Dodds,Taylor, Chilvers, Shuker (retiring), one of tomlin/williamson need to go in the summer. Lines the verdict is out on to be honest. Fantastic player but on high wages, if he left id want to see that reinvested in Knott and Culvier which would be a fair compromise i think. Like it or not Griff has a part to play in certain games and we need to have that option even on the bench.

For me its time for Loft to move on as he clearly wants to and we need to freshen up the squad a little which moving on those listed above and the captain will do, I would also imagine loft is on good wages and we are in the business of saving money to build a squad new.

Those people talking transfer fees are living in cloud cookoo land im afraid. But with an ok budget we can still attract top league 2/ established league 1/ prem or championship prospect players. This is Adams will earn his league 1 wings really. Tough job but someone with his knowledge of the leagues and contacts we should be able to bring in new faces and still be competitive.

Can somebody advise who the 14 players out of contract are...or probably easier to advise who we have still in contract next season?

Apologies if any wrong but I'm pretty sure it's Neal,Davis,Chilvers,Dickinson,Griffith,Duffy,Taylor,Birchall,Shuker,Lines,Loft,JMW and Hugill.Dodds and Yates have,I think,one year options.

I think we've looked at our best this season when we've kept the ball down and passed it. On a lot of these occasions, either Knott has been on the pitch or Lines has been playing in an advanced role. If we can sign Knott and Cuvellier, I think the only other area that will need strengthening is defence. Something like this next season and I reckon we'd be in with a fighting chance of the play offs:

...................Neal.......................

New RB...Duffy...New CB...Dickinson

...................Knott......................

.........Cuvellier........Loft...............

...................Lines.......................

............Pope........Hugill................

I think we've looked at our best this season when we've kept the ball down and passed it. On a lot of these occasions, either Knott has been on the pitch or Lines has been playing in an advanced role. If we can sign Knott and Cuvellier, I think the only other area that will need strengthening is defence. Something like this next season and I reckon we'd be in with a fighting chance of the play offs:

...................Neal.......................

New RB...Duffy...New CB...Dickinson

...................Knott......................

.........Cuvellier........Loft...............

...................Lines.......................

............Pope........Hugill................

That midfield looks awesome and would be one of the best in the league. Agree a new cb and lb I would also like to see someone with pace to partner popey. Hugill on the bench.

Isn't Shaun miller a vale fan loaned out to shrewsbury from Sheffield United, always seems to score against us as well him and pope upfront would be a decent partnership IMO

Didn't know he was a vale fan, would be a steady signing though, always seems play well against us as you say.

Don't understand the commitment many seem to have for Cuvelier.

We have been carrying enough sicknotes.

I wouldn't call him a sick note Dave. He's been unfortunate to pick up a bad injury, but his past performances for Walsall suggest he would be an asset in this league, certainly more so than Griff.

Archived