onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

The difference between Lines and some of our other midfielders is that we know he can do it because he has. Some of the others we know they can't do it because they never have.

Past results are no guide to future performance though. Pope hadn't scored 30+ goals in a season until he scored 30+ goals last season.

Advert

Loft gave away the penalty in the Left Back position (playing on the left hand side) which I'm pretty sure wasn't the position he started the game in.

MA brought on Tomlin upfront, JMW on the wing & knott in midfield.

To my reckoning that's a change of SEVEN PLAYERS from their starting positions at 3pm. Given that Neal can't change position during a game that means only Yates, Lines & Pope played the entire 90 minutes in their "natural roles" which means that the game plan & time spent training/preparing for this game was no use to nither man nor beast!

We had an ill prepared team running round like headless chickens for 90 mins not knowing what to do or who to mark!........ We did well to only lose the game by 2 clear goals.

They are very good points......:yes:

What's the use of having ability when you don't use it or contribute in games? I'm sure he loves to ping balls around in training but sometimes you have to work hard for the team when a game isn't going your way.

I love how Lines seems to get a free pass from the purists. Yet to see the evidence of this so called greatness with the exception of the Peterborough game - must have fancied that one.

Lines didn't have one of his better days but I would argue that he did use his ability and did contribute just perhaps not as much has he's done before. Football is a team sport, its no use having 10 Tom Popes or 10 Griffs or 10 Lofts on the pitch, in a team sport a blend/mixture of skills is required and an important piece of that jigsaw is having a player who can pass, take control, think, is the fulchrum of the team etc etc and often running around like a headless chicken is not what that type of player brings to the table, its not in their nature.

No one's talking about greatness, the much revered Ray Walker was never the type of player who got stuck in or covered every blade of grass but he could pass and play and Lines is a similar type of player.

A Wolves fans view of the Crewe game: -

I went to the Vale game yesterday and they were atrocious. It's long ball stuff up to Tom Pope, who had a good game and is a handful, but he was isolated and had no partner to work with. The midfield is shockingly bad with Griffith and Lines, one can't play and the other is only present in fits and starts.

Both centre half's came off yesterday, one with a knee injury one before he got sent off. The lad who came off injured had had a decent game up till that point. There were no defenders on the bench so Dickenson went to CB and the worlds biggest tart in a football shirt, Dan Jones, went to LB.

We should dominate their midfield and Sako, Jacobs and Henry should have bags of fun against the full backs and centre backs. I'll have us to win 2-0 and the game to be over after 60 minutes when Vale accept defeat.

I went to the Vale game yesterday and they were atrocious. It's long ball stuff up to Tom Pope, who had a good game and is a handful, but he was isolated and had no partner to work with. The midfield is shockingly bad with Griffith and Lines, one can't play and the other is only present in fits and starts.

Both centre half's came off yesterday, one with a knee injury one before he got sent off. The lad who came off injured had had a decent game up till that point. There were no defenders on the bench so Dickenson went to CB and the worlds biggest tart in a football shirt, Dan Jones, went to LB.

We should dominate their midfield and Sako, Jacobs and Henry should have bags of fun against the full backs and centre backs. I'll have us to win 2-0 and the game to be over after 60 minutes when Vale accept defeat.

He's only probably watched us twice and knows how we play.

Can't argue with that , especially the biggest tart in football bit!

I like his description of Jones. Spot on.

Saturday could be a long afternoon.

This just shows what a game of opinions football is .

You obviously think Griffith is a better player than Lines and you're entitled to do that .

You'll perhaps appreciate how good Lines is next season when he's playing for someone else and we're stuck at the bottom of this League watching the likes of Griffith, Taylor & Yates taking us back to that dreadful League 2.

Of course I hope the above doesn't happen and some common sense can prevail between our Chairman & Manager and we can retain our place and possibly push on , but believe me it will happen if we can only persist with the above League 2 calibre of player.

Neal ,Lines ,Loft & Dicko are a minimum for me for next season or its back to Accrington etc.........

Incorrect. Lines is our most talented player in 10 years however I have not seen him look remotely interested since the turn of the year. I appreciate you need a balance and hence why the Griff- Lines partnership has worked many times this season.

Incorrect. Lines is our most talented player in 10 years however I have not seen him look remotely interested since the turn of the year. I appreciate you need a balance and hence why the Griff- Lines partnership has worked many times this season.

...while I agree with some of your post - I might put Gary Roberts in the potentially most talented section alongside Lines - they both suffer/ed from the same problem... they don't/didn't produce the goods which they were capable of often enough; sometimes so infrequently that they don't/didn't warrant a place in the team. It would hardly be a surprise if Knott was given a game in preference to Lines, though I would play them both, along with Griffith, in a 5 man midfield at Wolves.

...while I agree with some of your post - I might put Gary Roberts in the potentially most talented section alongside Lines - they both suffer/ed from the same problem... they don't/didn't produce the goods which they were capable of often enough; sometimes so infrequently that they don't/didn't warrant a place in the team. It would hardly be a surprise if Knott was given a game in preference to Lines' date=' though I would play them both, along with Griffith, in a 5 man midfield at Wolves.[/quote']

Difference with Roberts was he didn't perform due to his own issues, rather than because he was surrounded by a complete lack of movement from players around him.

Was going say ,can he do it though.

Im missing something then cause I beg to differ.

U cannot carry shrinking violets like lines and Jones.

One doesnt get involved in the game at all and is only picked for a defensive point of view,occassionally gets forward and delivers a quality ball in occassionally.

The other totally overrated good set piece taker but shys away from hard work which is needed in todays modern game.

But both will probably be picked so if they r I want to c why ?

Because without Lines, we would have absolutely no creativity at all?

Archived