onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

An absolute embarrassment of a man today. Celebrating at the end of the game like Crewe had won the league.Talk about inciting the crowd. I'm not a violent guy but even I wanted to stick one on him.

Crewe deserved to win today bit there's only 1 thing worse than a sore loser and that's a bad winner.

Baker can :censored: :D

Advert

In all my 50 odd years of supporting Pvfc That was,as far as I recall,the most cringeworthy embarrassing performance by a Vale team i have witnessed,folk might say ADAMS and the players arnt performing well because of contract problems,that is worst excuse to give out,they are supposed to be professionals and should perform to prove they are worthy of a contract,yesterday they proved they are not... Rant over ..

An absolute embarrassment of a man today. Celebrating at the end of the game like Crewe had won the league.Talk about inciting the crowd. I'm not a violent guy but even I wanted to stick one on him.

Crewe deserved to win today bit there's only 1 thing worse than a sore loser and that's a bad winner.

A massive stoke fan so I expected that,its ok though,Ray Williams wants him to be our next manager

Don't know if any of us can actually dare state what they feel right now.

Following Vale is fraught with hidden agendas, poor performances, lack of effort, superb games, brilliant individual cameos etc, etc, etc. We get the entire spectrum every season with our lads! Expect the unexpected.

Should be no surprise that we have hit a massive hole in our season. Face facts, we ain't good enough to be at the top of League 1.:yes:

We have a squad that at best can finish mid table and anyone who says we ought to be looking at the Play offs might as well now sign into their local funny farm. We will still be in this division come next season. Biggest question has to be who will be there for us long suffering fans to watch?

It's been evident for the entire campaign which players are up to scratch and which simply, unfortunately aren't. Tactics, systems, poor performances and injuries etc have all combined to see us lose confidence and become disjointed all across the pitch.

My impression now is that the Management Team need to step up to the plate. Adams and Grew have to halt the pathetic slide now. I have stood up for Micky so far but along with hundreds of other Valiants, after the last few weeks we are in need of belief that he actually can handle a Club in decline on the pitch. No doubting his credentials and resilience during our Admin period but we have come so far and if we were to slip and slide, without effort back down the table and even worse, next season get relegated then I fear for Vale's existence.

Contracts for players and management aside what are we fans to expect in the coming months? If we lose players and/or Micky we could enter another dark period in our history. I am sick. I love my club. I am seeing it slowly lose all the impetus of a brilliant last season. I am feeling low and do not want another few years in the depths of despair. Perhaps I should simply get a life? Can't....I'm devoted to Vale and only want the best for them.

I'll still be there with my season ticket and moan and groan like the rest but I genuinely want better. Come on Vale we have come so far, don't bottle it now. Kick ***** and get going again, please.:yes:

Don't know if any of us can actually dare state what they feel right now.

Following Vale is fraught with hidden agendas, poor performances, lack of effort, superb games, brilliant individual cameos etc, etc, etc. We get the entire spectrum every season with our lads! Expect the unexpected.

Should be no surprise that we have hit a massive hole in our season. Face facts, we ain't good enough to be at the top of League 1.:yes:

We have a squad that at best can finish mid table and anyone who says we ought to be looking at the Play offs might as well now sign into their local funny farm. We will still be in this division come next season. Biggest question has to be who will be there for us long suffering fans to watch?

It's been evident for the entire campaign which players are up to scratch and which simply, unfortunately aren't. Tactics, systems, poor performances and injuries etc have all combined to see us lose confidence and become disjointed all across the pitch.

My impression now is that the Management Team need to step up to the plate. Adams and Grew have to halt the pathetic slide now. I have stood up for Micky so far but along with hundreds of other Valiants, after the last few weeks we are in need of belief that he actually can handle a Club in decline on the pitch. No doubting his credentials and resilience during our Admin period but we have come so far and if we were to slip and slide, without effort back down the table and even worse, next season get relegated then I fear for Vale's existence.

Contracts for players and management aside what are we fans to expect in the coming months? If we lose players and/or Micky we could enter another dark period in our history. I am sick. I love my club. I am seeing it slowly lose all the impetus of a brilliant last season. I am feeling low and do not want another few years in the depths of despair. Perhaps I should simply get a life? Can't....I'm devoted to Vale and only want the best for them.

I'll still be there with my season ticket and moan and groan like the rest but I genuinely want better. Come on Vale we have come so far, don't bottle it now. Kick ***** and get going again, please.:yes:

We are doing well to stay in the league but the quality of football is poor even in the promotion season.

If we stick with MA we will be fine but I would prefer a backroom clear out come the end of the season and a fresh approach I think.

Although I thought yesterday's performance was poor lets not forget where we have come from, at the start of last season we hadn't even got a strip to play in....yes we gained promotion almost single handedly down to one mans goals.

The main aim of this season was to stay in this league and not to go straight back down ACHIEVED

It does hurt when we lose to the likes of Crewe, yes we needed to show more passion but let's not get too carried away.

Wolves Saturday...........Super Vale Away (hopefully)

Although I thought yesterday's performance was poor lets not forget where we have come from, at the start of last season we hadn't even got a strip to play in....yes we gained promotion almost single handedly down to one mans goals.

The main aim of this season was to stay in this league and not to go straight back down ACHIEVED

It does hurt when we lose to the likes of Crewe, yes we needed to show more passion but let's not get too carried away.

Well put Rob.

Too many players went missing yesterday & it looks like the Grimmer-Davis partnership will be no more.

I was appalled by Crewe's tactics-3 booked for timewasting & should have been more.

Jones & Tomlin were woeful, Lines & Loft disappeared 2nd half & it is obvious JMW is suffering from fans groaning every time he makes a mistake.

IMO we do 1 up front & that is Pope who played with his heart on his sleeve. We did play hoofball but that is because he won nearly every header-it is up to other players to pick up flick-ons,knockdowns etc.

If the 11 that were picked yesterday ain't doing it then we need to look at others-Birchall, Dodds, O'neill, even some of the development squad as they can't do any worse.

There are still 14 games to go so we need to get to 52 points ASAP & then players & the manager need to show that they deserve a contract.

I have criticised individuals & we are all entitled to our opinion but I thought the ref was abysmal-he got Davis subbed for 2 terrible decisions & was woeful throughout.

The players need to show that they give a t*ss-that is what bothered me most about yesterday.

Wolves on Saturday would be a start, then the 2 home games.....

We were derailed yesterday. Will we be devoured next weekend? :shutup:

We were derailed yesterday. Will we be devoured next weekend? :shutup:

Its a funny old game football.......you just never know

OK I admit if we play like we did yesterday then you are spot on. Surely it's games like this coming Saturdays that if you were a professional footballer you would raise your game and look to perform at your best ?

Crewe wanted it more than than us and they were prepared to do anything to get the 3 points

Its a funny old game football.......you just never know

OK I admit if we play like we did yesterday then you are spot on. Surely it's games like this coming Saturdays that if you were a professional footballer you would raise your game and look to perform at your best ?

Crewe wanted it more than than us and they were prepared to do anything to get the 3 points

Shouldn't yesterdays game, with a slightly bigger crowd and a local theme, been the sort of game we should have been up for?

Rubbish. He's not able to do his own job. Never near his man all game. Maybe he looked better at centre half as they'd got men behind the ball and he had no one to mark? Never got near Aneke all game.totally dominated in the air and on the ground. One of Griffith's passes in the first half looked like it came from a 4 year old girl who had never kicked a ball! Lines is the one doing two jobs. Watch when he breaks, where were lofty, Griffith and Jones? Miles behind him despite starting positions in front. Lines, nor the rest of the team trust Griffith with ball. Watch lines with birchall or sometimes loft, he plays one-twos and gets the game moving. We are a man short in midfield with Griffith the ball- winner who never wins or keeps the ball. Knott did more on the ball and to win the ball than Griffith did all game. Why sign him and not play him?

Same with Jones. Nowhere near tootle when at left wing nor Moore when at left back. Spends most his time this season as a spectator, limping or faffing about with his socks. Rob Taylor did a better job on Moore away and he isn't a left back and wasn't fit.

The tactics and build up were wrong.

Two small, inexperienced centre halves against these two was asking for trouble. We should've left Davis out on loan if he is ever to improve as he bottles the big games but also isn't good enough. If your own dad doesn't rate you then you know you must be crap. Good managers pick out the weak links and exploit them. Why did we not match their 3 in the middle and have Tomlin and JMW out wide to run at their full backs? Robertson was great at their place and we miss his threat at set pieces. What's he done so wrong? If it's because he made a couple of mistakes, fair enough (so Griffith should've been dropped months ago), but it doesn't help when you are playing next to a different, poor quality partner most weeks. Chilvers, Davis and even Dickinson have played there and looked poor. Only Duffy has been ok there. Grimmer was better at right back. We've been poor at the back all season yet nothing has been done and now we are terrible in midfield and up front.

Yates looks like he can't move or cross, the only things he's any good at, and must be down to his injury.

Tomlin and JMW look disinterested or clueless. Poor management as we know both can be match winners and are confidence players.

Is this the same side we saw battle away at Walsall? Adams was shown up yesterday and his attitude in interviews has really started to annoy me since he came back. Like a spoilt child. Plan A hoof the ball forward, plan B, err, not got one! No width and no control of midfield.

We need to play to our strengths and to attack teams. To try and draw with 4 teams in the bottom half is ridiculous. If we attack we won't have to defend as much.

Only Dickinson was man enough to come over to the fans. He and Loft both had bad games by their high standards but tried their best. Only Pope and Neal came out with any credit.

I was embarrassed watching yesterday as I was at Shrewsbury. It's obvious what needs to be done.

Did,nt hear p&g but I suppose adams said "changes will be made" he usually does, with Neal, Pope exceptioned why not sub the rest even get the youth team involved, next Sat. the excuses will be made, look where we were 18months ago etc.etc. but one question how long can we use that as a excuse?. We all secretly hoped we,d get to the play-off,s that's what football,s about at this level -hope, but most of our team on Sat. were taking money under false pretences, if its the question of new contracts tell them straight play-WIN- or forget it.

I,m bitter over that performance when you work with crewys, you can,t even say we were unlucky,it,s going to be along few weeks till they stop taking the *iss,

come on adams, you get paid well- earn it, get it sorted or ship out...

Archived