onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

After today I've just had my bellyful of this prehistoric football from my team. I really am that sick of it. Under Rudgie, with a similar level of resources as now, we became known as a footballing team and over a number of years we were pretty successful. Under Adams we've just continued to go backwards, and I now think we're one of the worst footballing teams in the whole football league. Today was an embarrassment. Inept in every way. Only Pope, Knott and Neal came out with any credit. Out of the team that played some part today, I wouldn't be at all sorry to see Griffith and Jones leave at the end of the season. JMW though he has undoubted talent might also be a plus if he left. We need a fresh start and we need to start with an agreed philosophy based on playing proper football, like Swansea did all those years ago. I have a season ticket and go to a fair few away matches too, and can honestly say that I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of games I've enjoyed this season, including some wins. I'm really not sure I'll be renewing next season. Carry on like this and the crowds will dwindle to late 19760s/ early 1980s levels. It's not the losing that hurts so much, it's the manner of them. Our lack of skill and team pattern has been embarrassing at times, none less than today. I wouldn't be sorry to let Adams and Grew go at the end of the season and get coaches in who believe in progressive football. I'd rather now see us take a step back if it meant the chances of long-term progress were improved. Totally disgruntled!

Be careful what you wish for.

All this Adams bashing sounds a bit like Tony P at Stoke.

A few weeks ago, all the 'I took Vale to The champions league on Football Manager' brigade were championing the likes of Ainsworth as a great replacement. Hmmmmmmmmmm....Wycombe are doing really well aren't they??

2 years ago Vale were struggling in League 2. Stop moaning and have a reality check.

Advert

Which just goes to show that once you have a downer on a player, it stays regardless of how they play.

To say Griff has been EXTREMELY POOR all season is, frankly, nonsense.

I agree, he's been nowhere near good enough to qualify as extremely poor. Do you want this club to progress or are you prepared to settle for this? How many opposition midfielders have you seen who cant control a ball, cant pass and run around likwe headless chickens?

Earlier this season, Crewe manager Steve Davis was asked by Radio Sjoke Crewe reporter Graham McGarry to comment on the fact that someone had said playing football is 80% mental state and only 20% ability. Did he agree? Davis's reply was in his opinion it actually was 90% mental state and only 10% about ability. Today we saw just how right he was.

Our own Mark Grew said this week that the Vale players were under "no pressure" going into this game. The pressure was all on Crewe. Therefore he set the tone to our players by literally saying actually boys if we win we win and if we don't then well it doesn't matter. There were already signs of a few of our players recently shall we say not at the races in games. When I heard that comment, I knew that one side (Crwho) would be up for the game whereas on recent performances, we would just take the game as it comes.

And so the game proved the above right. A Crewe side who "wanted" it mentally and a Vale side who really mentally we're not at the races. The scoreline flatters us. They could and should have won by more. Tootle's attitude summed up the difference. Yes he went down to easy as did other Crewe players but when he got the penalty, he went to the away fans with fist clenched and pumped to show he wanted the victory.

I could talk in general about the game as others have done but today for me was about Vale players with no passion or desire to win a game of football. A game when the vast majority of my team's players could not get up for a derby game and displayed an attitude of "well it doesn't matter if we lose because we are under no pressure". I can accept defeats and poor performances as long as the attitude of all the players is that they want to put in 100% for the club that pays their wages and to appreciate the supporters for being there to get behind them. Well sorry Port Vale but today I didn't see the fact that you cared for me or my club. That I'm afraid is not acceptable.

Dreadful today but fair play to Crewe. Only 1 team came out to be positive and win the game and it certainly wasn't vale.

I had a bad feeling before the game and it was confirmed when I saw the team.

Lines has always been massively overrated on this forum. I won't be sad to see him go. Another anonymous performance. He slows the play down when we have the ball and goes missing when we don't.

Neal made some great saves and his kicking aside, he's an excellent keeper.

Wasn't Dickos best game but he's still an excellent player.

Pope was immense. Must have been frustrating for him to be playing with others who weren't trying. Why wasn't tomlin playing off pope? Pope won almost everything in the air yet had no vale players around him.

Aside from those, Davis and Grimmer couldn't cope with their front 2 which is no disgrace. Pogba and especially Aneke are excellent players.

Yates struggled against Inman. JMW looks disinterested. Dan Jones and tomlin have evidently played their best games for vale.

Griff looked better at CH than in midfield. Not hard though as he's been crap for weeks.

All in all we're carrying far too much dead weight. Although they're up and down, players like diffs, birchall and Rob Taylor deserve a chance again now. God knows they're sure to do better than our current crop.

We're gonna drop like a stone playing like we are. We just need to win and get to 50 points. I've no idea who we're going to beat though.

Funny how the same Manger and style of play have brought about the most success Vale have had for nearly 20 years.

Quite a bit of luck involved I feel. His style of 'football' is poor for me,very dated, getting mugged off by managers with much less experience

I'll admit I'm not a very good loser, in fact I hate losing. And I hate crewe. But there's no doubt they had the better of us today. They wanted it more. Players like lines, Tomlin, jones and especially JMW didn't give a toss. A massive toss and that's what hurts the most. I don't know where to go from here, for manager and for players. They don't give a toss, so why should I. I'm going to wolves next week only because it's wolves away, I wish I could hope for more.

Agree about Adams. I've been thinking that with him and 14 players out of contract we will struggle without them next season. After today I'm starting to think the opposite.

Totally agree.

Judging by this season, I'd like us to keep Neal, Dicko, Davis, Loft, JMW & Pope. Everyone else can move on as far as I'm concerned.

Archived