onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

Advert

Lines was poor, but over the season he has been one of the better players. Griff has been extremely poor all season. It's a shame Adams has filled the squad up with a number of poor players.

Which just goes to show that once you have a downer on a player, it stays regardless of how they play.

To say Griff has been EXTREMELY POOR all season is, frankly, nonsense.

Dreadful from start to finish.

1. Adams team selection for a start was simply awful. Why did Jones deserve to start after the last two games? The guy for me is an out and out left back, end of. He just goes missing and doesn't have a clue what to do with the ball in midfield. Still nowhere near as good as Dicko at left back either. I like Hugill but in the reverse fixture, him and Pope didn't work together and when we introduced pace we hurt them so I was also disappointed on that front that he started. And finally... why on earth isn't a defender on the bench? We had Duffy and Chilvers back in training this week as well as Robertson at our disposal but he left them all out and it certainly backfired. Mindboggling.

2. The performance - Too predictable. Every single time, we just look to get the ball out wide and in the box. Yes it may work occasionally but why not mix it up a bit and test their keeper with a few shots. Having seen the highlights from their game with Brentford last week, all of Brentford's goals were distant shots which their keeper got nowhere near to. Clearly didn't take much notice of that then. Oh and the long ball, well its dire to watch and never works along with that long throw in which we insist on doing every time. The lack of passion was evident as well and apart from Neal, Davis for the time he was on, Griff in parts, Knott when he came on and Pope, the rest should be ashamed with themselves. We had a 15 minute spell throughout the whole game where we looked dangerous but apart from that, Crewe outclassed us!

3. The referee. He has officiated in the prem, hard to believe but yes the prem! The guy was possibly the worst i've seen down vale in a long time. Although Davis could of been sent off for us early on, it was never a penalty as it was blatantly clear to see that Tootle was already going down and he bought it. Not just that though but he was unbelievably biased to Crewe in terms of niggly fouls throughout the whole game. Not one to point fingers at referees usually but its hard not to today. However, we should focus more on our performance than the referees.

A master class in tactical incompetence.

Well done to Crewe, a deserved win. That being said the Dog and Duck would have beaten our lot today such was the level of interest they had. The only exceptions to that were Pope, Neal and Knott.

No idea what was behind the selection, it failed spectacularly. Griff cannot play in a 4 man midfield. Jones cannot play left wing. Indeed he spent the first half hour doing pretty much anything but playing left wing. Lines looked like he would have preferred to have been elsewhere. The defence were a shambles.

A horrible mess of a performance which was rightly exploited.

It is too much to expect an apology I suspect from the manager albeit a double substitution on the half hour was a holding up of hands to a degree. In some ways though the personnel choice compounded the horror show. Why didn't he bring Knott on earlier? Did Tomlin do anything? At least JMW, whilst largely ineffective gave the game some width.

All in a performance up there with Colchester away as worst of the season. The common denominator being the tactics of the manager.

Dreadful performance but to me no different than every other game since Rotherham. Too many individual errors. Only Pope looked like he was trying.

Why take Hugill off and replace him with Tomlin, you may as well have let them play with 12 men as he gave the ball away mostly or couldn't be bothered to challenge for it.

Heard Adams interview and if I were Joe Davis I wouldn't be happy what he was inferring.

Looking at Grimmer's injury we will either have to sign a centre half on loan or locate Chris Robertson from the Bermuda triangle and ask him if he fancies a game.

Lines was poor, but over the season he has been one of the better players. Griff has been extremely poor all season. It's a shame Adams has filled the squad up with a number of poor players.

That is what I am on about griff has not been poor all season at all he has done the work that not many players of today like doing trying to win the ball for the others to play the trouble is most of them cannot pass the ball to one another.The only one that I would exclude from that is billy knott who at least when he came on he did find a white shirt.As for playing two wingers the only winger I have seen up the vale since guppy and mcarthy was on the scoreboard today sir tom finney.

Very little that can be added that hasn't already been said.

To use one of Adams' favourite phrases, we rolled over and got our bellies tickled today.

I expect us to get outplayed every now and again, but not outfought in the manner that we did. Almost unheard of for a Vale side under Adams to surrender so tamely.

But why should he send Davis off for a fair tackle where he got the ball and their player made the most of it? Why, having told Tootle off for time wasting at a throw in, did he allow him to waste even more on the same throw in without a yellow card? Why did he not book Harry Davis for a two-footed lunge? Why did he add no time on at all for all the time wasting?

In real time I thought it was a red, maybe it wasnt. He booked enough players for time wasting, much more than many refs would. I still think the ref was good and it really winds me up how we always seem to blame the ref when we lose. Compared to most refs I thought he was very good.

After today I've just had my bellyful of this prehistoric football from my team. I really am that sick of it. Under Rudgie, with a similar level of resources as now, we became known as a footballing team and over a number of years we were pretty successful. Under Adams we've just continued to go backwards, and I now think we're one of the worst footballing teams in the whole football league. Today was an embarrassment. Inept in every way. Only Pope, Knott and Neal came out with any credit. Out of the team that played some part today, I wouldn't be at all sorry to see Griffith and Jones leave at the end of the season. JMW though he has undoubted talent might also be a plus if he left. We need a fresh start and we need to start with an agreed philosophy based on playing proper football, like Swansea did all those years ago. I have a season ticket and go to a fair few away matches too, and can honestly say that I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of games I've enjoyed this season, including some wins. I'm really not sure I'll be renewing next season. Carry on like this and the crowds will dwindle to late 19760s/ early 1980s levels. It's not the losing that hurts so much, it's the manner of them. Our lack of skill and team pattern has been embarrassing at times, none less than today. I wouldn't be sorry to let Adams and Grew go at the end of the season and get coaches in who believe in progressive football. I'd rather now see us take a step back if it meant the chances of long-term progress were improved. Totally disgruntled!

I am infuriated by Adams at the moment to say the least. Playing players that don't deserve to wear the shirt, playing players out of position, tactics bordering on clueless. As for the legendary Adam's motivational skills he couldn't motivate a starving dog to eat at the moment. Then there are the players. Where is their professional pride? For all of their midweek chest beating my little girl could have single handedly shown them up. They should hang their heads in shame and I like somebody's suggestion of donating their wages to a charity because they haven't even put in 5 minutes of work let alone 90 minutes to warrant being paid. If I picked a team at the moment from what is available it would look something like this :-

Neal

Yates Davies Duffy Dicko

Birchall Knott Lines Loft

Pope Hughill

You didn't rate Ainsworth then :-)

I did rate ainsworth as a good honest up and down winger who would run through a brick wall for you but he had not got half the class as guppy.I can only dream of once again seeing the likes of askey,Jackson,grainger,oscroft,Rowland,

Archived