onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Colchester 0, Post Match discussion.

Fosse69

Advert

Missed Saturday but managed to go tonight. Strange but successful tactics. Second half especially, we were more like the away side, giving Colchester possession and trying to hit them on the break. Some solid performances. Couldn't really fault anyone. Most importantly three points which takes the pressure off. How we kept a clean sheet in the second half I don't know.

griff took a hell of a hit right at the end and had to be subbed any news??

team did what needed to be done, but I think a better team would've scored 6 against us tonight, however, it was a grinding out performance which was needed. 3 points on the board, regardless of the 2 goals loft disappeared second half, only person to have a complete performance tonight for me was dicko, had the right winger in his pocket for 90 minutes and set up the second goal!

Griff was outstanding tonight some of his last ditch tackling was immense and even when he took a whack he just got up and played on,and to think Boomers vet wanted to play Smurf......Also I hope JMW enjoyed and learned from Dan Jones tonight Jones put more crosses over than JMW has done all season, a lesson on how to be a winger from a full back

Cracking result. Loft and Griff were superb. The former win us the game and the latter was the main reason we didnt conceded.

Weather was horrible. Attendance was embarrassing. To anyone who could have gone, could have afforded to go, but chose not too after seeing the starting line up (and there were afew here) hang your heads in shame. Don't you dare call yourself a Vale fan.

Excellent result , very pleased but as long as long as Griff is in the team I wont be coming back.

Dan Jones was great going forward but was clueless positional wise, still a massive positive but it's certainly something that needs addressing if he is to play there again.

Loft was unbelievable.

Griff was classic Griff. He's been a massive scapegoat on here but tonight shows exactly what happens when he is having a good game. And in my opinion his positive performances outway his negative ones quite clearly.

A determined, thou shalt not pass, performance for 90 minutes, but gritty and full of effort rather than a vintage display.

But I suppose that's what we needed after Saturday's capitulation.

We played quite well for an hour and then retreated backwards - as we so often do - for the last 30 minutes, inviting pressure. We escaped through a mixture of hard graft and effort, a brilliant save from Neal and some dreadful finishing from their lot, but it wasn't good to watch towards the end as we seldom managed to hold on to the ball and it seemed only a matter of time before they got a goal. But luckily it wasn't to be and all X1 players fought hard for the cause tonight. Griff and Loft were excellent. Hugill too. Jones was decent before he tired and the young centre halves gelled together.

It was just what we need - a real gritty team effort and two excellently taken goals from Loft.

A great relief to get 3 points and stop the rot but they were nowhere near as good as Swindon.

Not the best game for quality but actually enjoyed tonight.

Thought we set up to grind a win out and it worked. That last 20 minutes it just wouldnt go in for them but we looked determined to get that clean sheet. We were throwing bodies in all over place to block them out and neil made a cracking save at the end.

Back four fully deserve to keep their place saturday and we did look better thats for sure. Think Robertson must have kicked off to get dropped from the squad altogether. He's not impressed me but i've seen plenty worse in our teams before.

Good solid 3 points.

Archived