onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO Norman Smurthwaite

Bede

Advert

AGENTS,they are just out to get what they can get for themselves,worse than the taxman in my opinion,carnt folks speak for themselves

In all seriousness Grebo... not everyone is the eloquent wordsmith like what you are ;) [touch of morcombe and wise]

Agents get around far more than players do and can find their players much better deals than they could probably find themselves.

I dont know what the problem is... it could be a clash of personalities/egos... it could be financial... it could be something else

From the outside it would appear that adams holds all the aces... his value is high because of what he has achieved... he is popular with the fans and the players... he contract is expiring so no pay out... and I wouldnt be surprised if some tentative interest has already been shown by others already. I think smurf on the other hand has painted himself into a corner, not necessarily with that intention but thats the way it seems to have happened.

Agents...they act on behalf of the player yet seem to get paid by the club...which seems odd

I guess in the majority of cases they make little from a deal but they are all looking for those big ones. Personally I'd like to see the whole thing revamped and everything go thru either the PFA or an org appointed by the PFA and the players financing it thru their salaries

Oxford are you kidding!?

Relax I'm sure it will get sorted.

This issue needs sorting out asap.Not so much the signing of the contract,the contract detail's are nothing to do with us.But the longer they both keep (Yes both,that includes your trusted friend NS)contradicting each other the more damage can be done.More trust and faith lost.

Perhaps Adams is just softening the blow for when he goes again.

It will look like that he's done everything to stay; achieved promotion, stabilised us, made some decent signings. What more can he do?

It's just a big ****ing game between them and every job that comes up, like the Oxford job today, will look like a possibility for him.

Chris Wilder has quit at Northampton today for the Oxford job- Micky is far better than Wilder so don't talk rot, **** stirrer

I dont know what the problem is... it could be a clash of personalities/egos... it could be financial... it could be something else

From the outside it would appear that adams holds all the aces... his value is high because of what he has achieved... he is popular with the fans and the players... he contract is expiring so no pay out... and I wouldnt be surprised if some tentative interest has already been shown by others already. I think smurf on the other hand has painted himself into a corner, not necessarily with that intention but thats the way it seems to have happened.

I was shot down on here some time back when I suggested that Norman Smurthwaite is not a person that gets on with his colleagues and/or employees. Micky Adams is not the first and he won't be the last.

To suggest that this is a clash of personalities is putting it very lightly indeed.

I also don't buy into this 'i do it all for my love of the club'. My own belief is that he is doing it for the love of his own pocket, but things are beginning to go wrong for him. Lower than expected attendances, players and manager out of contract, a tired looking stadium, no cash to re-stock the club shop and 6 months of issues with the 'special' shirt sales.

The big positive this season is on the pitch. The players and the manager have done the business. But the cracks are beginning to appear and if we don't get our manager and players signed up soon, they will all disappear to bigger and better things come the end of the season.

I was shot down on here some time back when I suggested that Norman Smurthwaite is not a person that gets on with his colleagues and/or employees. Micky Adams is not the first and he won't be the last.

To suggest that this is a clash of personalities is putting it very lightly indeed.

I also don't buy into this 'i do it all for my love of the club'. My own belief is that he is doing it for the love of his own pocket, but things are beginning to go wrong for him. Lower than expected attendances, players and manager out of contract, a tired looking stadium, no cash to re-stock the club shop and 6 months of issues with the 'special' shirt sales.

The big positive this season is on the pitch. The players and the manager have done the business. But the cracks are beginning to appear and if we don't get our manager and players signed up soon, they will all disappear to bigger and better things come the end of the season.

Apparently everyone need's to relax as it will get sorted.;)

Just how long it will take,what the result will be is anyones guess.But everyone should just sit back and relax.

Out of all of it its the budget bit that worries me,he clearly wants to keep our better players as we all do,so hopefully the budget wont be drastically reduced(I guess that is where the development squad might fit in,as in that if it costs 300k then if it was scrapped that could go towards the first team,only guess work of course)

Archived