onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO Norman Smurthwaite

Bede

Said many times on here that Adams will IMO not be Port Vale's manager when we kick off the 2014/15 season. The only way he might be still with us is if Micky took us to promotion to the Championship. The fans would then go berserk if Smurthwaite did not sign him up.

Other than that, I fear MA will go. There are clear issues between Micky & Smurf that have been going on for a while now. Yes they work together as best they can but all this has come to a head with the contract. Only Micky getting one acceptable to him that he signs will show their differences have been put to one side for the sake of Port Vale and their fans. I just don't think that Smurf will put a contract on the table that Micky will agree on.

Advert

Rob Page??
Rob may be a good replacement Caroline but now is not the time to gamble. I have said on many occasions that it isn't losing Micky that I fear but who would be brought in (dragged in) to replace him. Lets face it what good things has Smurf done since 'flying solo' and please don't tell me that he got us promotion as the players and the manager did aided by Paul Wildes.

I suspect the Ryder story was because Lee Wotsit on Radio Stoke said he's seen a bloke leaving the VP's seats who was either Ryder or someone who looked very like him. I don't actually believe he was there.
Perhaps he was looking for a payment on his 'brass' Jean?

Im just amazed that certain people on here on championing Micky now.

Is he good enough for you now lads?

Singing his name now Cheeky, even though you refused to on promotion day because you thought he wasnt good enough?

Pathetic.

Micky deserves a contract. He has done absolute wonders with our football club.

He is the glue that holds our club together at the minute.

Spunks I think that you are being a little unfair to Cheeky because he has stated that his opinion of Micky has changed. Remember kiddo we can all change our minds, in fact it is often a wise man who will change his mind.

I too have been critical of MA in the past and still believe that he has made mistakes but haven't we all? As you quite correctly say MA is the glue that holds our beloved club together.

With regard to Mr Smurthwaithe his constant changes of mind scares me to death. Is he on medication or does he suffer mood swings? One big example is the fact that he has quoted over and over again that Micky was the reason he bought the club. If that is so why is he huffing and puffing over keeping hold of his 'prized jewel'?

I tell you Spunks something stinks and it isn't my socks because I changed them last week!

Im just amazed that certain people on here on championing Micky now.

Is he good enough for you now lads?

Singing his name now Cheeky, even though you refused to on promotion day because you thought he wasnt good enough?

Pathetic.

Micky deserves a contract. He has done absolute wonders with our football club.

He is the glue that holds our club together at the minute.

I think Cheeky has taken his comments back and acknowledged Adams superb value to the club so fair credit to him.

Now hopefully all of the others who slated him will take heed after his continuing heroics.

Personally, I think Norman has drafted something, it's in his drawer and he's told Adams he can come and look at it. Adams has said, come downstairs and put it in front of me on the table in my office and I'll take it away - it's a power game where both can claim the other is holding it up.

Just to bring the evaluation of Adams back into the real territory of "the likes of me just doesn't know", if his demand if £50million per year for five years he'll have to go, if it's £5 a week and all the oatcakes he can eat, Norm's taking the proverbial. The truth is somewhere in between and there'll be an attritional battle before they meet in the middle or Adams goes. After which, we still wont know whether what was on the table, signed or otherwise is value for money.

Personally, I think Norman has drafted something, it's in his drawer and he's told Adams he can come and look at it. Adams has said, come downstairs and put it in front of me on the table in my office and I'll take it away - it's a power game where both can claim the other is holding it up.

Just to bring the evaluation of Adams back into the real territory of "the likes of me just doesn't know", if his demand if £50million per year for five years he'll have to go, if it's £5 a week and all the oatcakes he can eat, Norm's taking the proverbial. The truth is somewhere in between and there'll be an attritional battle before they meet in the middle or Adams goes. After which, we still wont know whether what was on the table, signed or otherwise is value for money.

I agree with your opinion sir. Like Mick Cullerton who is RS best pundit by miles says ''Norman should stop messing about and offer Micky a decent contract and if he turns it down he then knows where he stands''

Like you say every manager has his price and that should be the benchmark.

Steve, although I believe it's not as one sided as people are making out I would love Micky to be our manager for a long time to come and I also believe Norman is more than capable of running the club well now he has seen that he needs to be completely hands on.

However, a new experienced CEO appointment would be welcomed.

Regarding Mickys contract I would guess it's the salary that will be the sticking point as I suspect we matched his Sheffield Utd salary to get him to come back and save Brattys skin.

Going off what he has said I cant see Smurf ever appointing a CEO,he said on Signal that if fans want one then they are quite welcome to hold a bucket collection to pay for one.

1. Less than 24 hours after a "no-holds-barred" Q & A session that was intended to clarify many matters, the matter of Micky's contract is very much unsolved. MA's comments make a mockery of NS's comments last night.

2. It's easy for people to tell Norman to "give him a contract". The fact is, we don't know how much MA is on and how it compares to other managers in League 1. If he's on a fortune, then it's no surprise that the chairman (with HIS money) is seeing if we can afford to renew a lucrative contract.

So why did NS say there is a contract on the table?

I have publicly stated [well on here] that I think smurf has made some mistakes, bad decisions and not been honest in some of his public statements. That doesnt mean I want him gone... it simply means I want him to stop doing it... stop blabbing on about it and get the job done... rectify the mistakes, change the bad decisions [if possible] and make good ones... but first and foremost stay away from public speaking about PVFC confidential workings past, present and future... I just want him to do the job he says he can do... without him trying to do it in the public eye.

He should absolutely keep the running of the club behind closed doors.as soon as he does though people start making up conspiracies and demand he explains himself when they have no right or grounds to do so.if he doesn't then there is uproar on here.

Archived