onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO Norman Smurthwaite

Bede

Perhaps Adams is just softening the blow for when he goes again.

It will look like that he's done everything to stay; achieved promotion, stabilised us, made some decent signings. What more can he do?

It's just a big ****ing game between them and every job that comes up, like the Oxford job today, will look like a possibility for him.

Advert

I think that you are either very naive or you will stick up for NS until your blue in the face and to be honest it's embarrassing.

The managers contract is a matter of urgency and priority. Without his future clear, then all the players have uncertainty hanging over them too.

If I was employed by someone and my contract was up in a few months and there was nothing on the table, then I'd be looking elsewhere on a daily basis.

I think you as well as Norman, need to wake the **** up

How do you know Adams isn't lying and that he doesn't have any interest in extending his stay?

How do you know Adams isn't lying and that he doesn't have any interest in extending his stay?
Why not stay? You have a well paid steady job, why move? You are able to motivate a team to consistently overachieve, and slowly build a club up, or would you prefer a massive budget, with primadonnas and have to achieve instant success? Maybe something to consider if the turnover drops, but the business still has scope to expand.

I don't.

But that's the thing.. If this there's a game to be played here, then NS is losing straight away by not having anything on the table until the last minute. MA gets all media spotlight attention and sympathy, as it seems to most that Smurf is failing in his duties and in turn, strengthening MA's bargaining hand.

The failure to offer MA a contract so far, will have increased MA's stock. Whatever happens now, MA gets the deal he wants, either here or...

Get a move on Smurf

C'mon Norm the clocks ticking, show everybody your intentions. Talk is very cheap unfortunately. You heard the Brighton fans singing his name saturday, WHY. Because they know his worth at this level and what he brings to teams, and if ya don't get a mush on some other team will be the benefactor of his services. Plus we all know what's going happen if ya let him slip through ya fingers, ya can kiss goodbye to the likes of Chris Lines and players of that ilk resigning, their agents will have their names banded round quicker than ya can say "it's my ball and your not playing". Mickey drew them to our great club nothing or nobody else. Fact!

Perhaps Adams is just softening the blow for when he goes again.

It will look like that he's done everything to stay; achieved promotion, stabilised us, made some decent signings. What more can he do?

It's just a big ****ing game between them and every job that comes up, like the Oxford job today, will look like a possibility for him.

Oxford are you kidding!?

Relax I'm sure it will get sorted.

Thought the pantomime season was over?

Oh yes he did offer a contract....oh no he didn't, etc,etc.....:laugh:

We have 2 grown men here who are clearly milking everything they can out of the situation and for God knows what reason.

Is it not unreasonable of us decent Vale fans to know why they cannot actually sit down together now and simply have a chat about what's required to achieve a resolution? From all that has gone on recently about this subject do they both care what damage it's causing to the Club?

No one will be attracted to Vale for next season, and I mean fans or players until Micky's situation has been finalised.

Norm, you continually ask for Vale fans to support what you are doing, now it's time for you to categorically show us what you want for next season and beyond. Simple really, get Micky signed up long term and players and fans alike will then start to put their faith back into the Club. :yes:

Archived