onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How much?

andy jones

Everyone saying get past salisbury and pull out a plum draw.

But has anyone considered the income from winning ties?

We got circ 18K for winning Round 1, I believe.

How much for Round 2, 3, and 4?

Similarly posters on PVO seem to be saying we don't want promotion as NS cant afford it (how do they know BTW?)

But how much do Championship clubs get just for being in that league?

How much do you get for promotion to the Championship?

How much if your Championship game is televised?

I feel that there is probably a great financial benefit to NS to get us promoted.

Thoughts?

Advert

Copied from the FA site as regards the cup.

Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000

Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500

Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000

Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000

Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000

Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000

Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000

Final runners-up (1) £900,000

Final winners

Not sure for the Championship though

Everyone saying get past salisbury and pull out a plum draw.

But has anyone considered the income from winning ties?

We got circ 18K for winning Round 1, I believe.

How much for Round 2, 3, and 4?

Similarly posters on PVO seem to be saying we don't want promotion as NS cant afford it (how do they know BTW?)

But how much do Championship clubs get just for being in that league?

How much do you get for promotion to the Championship?

How much if your Championship game is televised?

I feel that there is probably a great financial benefit to NS to get us promoted.

Thoughts?

TV money for being in the championship is massive compared to what you get in league one and two. More chance of being on tv increased gate revenue with much bigger teams bringing supporters to fill the away end, increased sponsorship money usually follows too.

On the negative side increased wages and increased police bills. Its always a juggling act but you need to be in the higher leagues to attract the increased revenue sources.

Thoughts?

I read [some] the PVO thread as.... given a choice between sustainability and a promotion push... Personally I would choose sustainability. We know what happens if we dont live within our means.

Given the poor record of the club in general management [no Im not just talking shirts] I doubt a promotion and the extra finances that may bring will help much.

How do they know?... Smurf said so... if he is paying £50,000 a month from his own pocket [like he says, it could be more] it will drain his resources rapidly and before long he will call a halt. Being a multimillionaire is great but that sort of loss or a regular basis will soon curb his enthusiasm, losing £600,000 a year [it could be more] would certainly curb mine.

I dont think we are generating enough income to sustain where we are.

I read [some] the PVO thread as.... given a choice between sustainability and a promotion push... Personally I would choose sustainability. We know what happens if we dont live within our means.

Given the poor record of the club in general management [no Im not just talking shirts] I doubt a promotion and the extra finances that may bring will help much.

How do they know?... Smurf said so... if he is paying £50,000 a month from his own pocket [like he says, it could be more] it will drain his resources rapidly and before long he will call a halt. Being a multimillionaire is great but that sort of loss or a regular basis will soon curb his enthusiasm, losing £600,000 a year [it could be more] would certainly curb mine.

Could you explain what you mean by poor management?

If we go up and NS doesn't have the dosh to keep us up then we come down but make loads of moolah in the process and have a season aty a hiugher level playing (generally speaking) bigger clubs

or he brings someone in who can put the cash in to give us a chance of staying up

the main thing is if we go up we don't budget for staying up and so live beyond our means and get badly burnt when we don't stay up

Take your chances for promotion when you can, if they come along this season, with the current team. The extra income from TV and larger away followings (less police costs) in the Championship should let us bring in 3/4 players. OK, we will probably come down, but worth the experience, and improve the profile of our players in the transfer market, etc, thus following a similar line to Posh.

better hope for relegation then so we can get our finances back in order

Archived