onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Contract for Adams

SuperValiant1876

adams is a valued member of staff, if at all possible it would be in vales best interest to keep him, of course there are lots of factors that all parties have to take into account

It would be great if we could keep him at Vale.But would it be worth pushing the boat out to keep him but then not having enough money to add to and improve the squad.Its a difficult balancing act.

Advert

I was under the impression that there was a new contract on offer and it was under discussion.

I've just read this on PVO has anyone else heard anything like this.I hope the story isn't true.But if it here is any truth in it then its not looking good.

#37 Biddulphian

PVO Motormouth

Members

1,889 posts

Country

Posted Today, 05:41 PM

I heard a story at the game yesterday, I think it was Friday afternoon when this chap was down town and popped in The Post Office Vaults for a swift one. Mark Grew and a member of the admin staff were in there. Being a Vale fan this chap asked Grewy why they were in there at that time. Grewy said that they had been in a meeting at Vale and NS had started kicking off with MA again, Grewy and the other bloke were sick of it happening so decided to leave and went down town for a beer.

I don't doubt there is some truth in the tale, and there is obviously unrest in the camp.

Time for Grew to worry, if rumours of him discussing company business with the public are to be believed by the Chairman.

It would be great if we could keep him at Vale.But would it be worth pushing the boat out to keep him but then not having enough money to add to and improve the squad.Its a difficult balancing act.

its norms club [and money].......id imagine norm if possible would like to keep him, within reasonable wage demands

rudge almost walked after arguing over 3k with bell

I doubt that he is still registered as a player.

I never said anything about him being registered as a player.What I was asking was does his wage etc come out of the same pot as the players.The same one that is limited and for this season we are at our limit and that was why we were stopped from signing a player?

Hope that is more clear now.

Time for Grew to worry, if rumours of him discussing company business with the public are to be believed by the Chairman.

Agreed.But thats assuming that the story is true or just another rumour.If it is true then i would think that Smurf would not be a happy bunny and Grew could be on thin ice.

What on earth makes u think Vale can make anybody an offer they cant refuse? We got a Saudi billionaire in charge nowadays or something? We Port Vale not Real Madrid, jesus wake up fella.

Thought you might pop up on this thread, wasn't long ago you were saying we had to sack MA otherwise we wouldn't win promotion. I think that coupled with your Dodds isn't anywhere near good enough to start comment before the Crawley game last week shows you don't know as much as you think you do about football. Perhaps just watching the game and not commenting before or after might be the way forward for you.

You don't need a Saudi billionaire to offer improved terms on a contract btw

So now its just an improved contract? What happened to "an offer he cant refuse?" u seriously need to wake up, Adams is doing a decent job but even he has to be paid within a budget that isnt detrimental to a Port Vale that seeks to remain financially viable for future years.

The anti Adams brigade slyly changing their tune while attempting to put barriers in front of any potential deal. Reading between the lines they are saying any contract offered to Adams will be more than the club can afford. My question to these people is think how much extra revenue Adams has bought into the club in gate receipts alone. The answer to that is significantly more than any pay rise he would deservedly get in a new contract.

There is nothing wrong with rewarding the man who held the club together when we were in turmoil and transformed us to sitting 9th in league 1 with a significantly better team and average attendance to match. Risk getting a cheaper alternative at your peril

The anti Adams brigade slyly changing their tune while attempting to put barriers in front of any potential deal. Reading between the lines they are saying any contract offered to Adams will be more than the club can afford. My question to these people is think how much extra revenue Adams has bought into the club in gate receipts alone. The answer to that is significantly more than any pay rise he would deservedly get in a new contract.

There is nothing wrong with rewarding the man who held the club together when we were in turmoil and transformed us to sitting 9th in league 1 with a significantly better team and average attendance to match. Risk getting a cheaper alternative at your peril

Agree with that but regardless of what people think he deserves it still has to be in budget, the day we get 20k very home game then he'll probably get what you lot think he should be paid.

Archived