onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Contract for Adams

SuperValiant1876

I didn't read Geos previous statements that way....just that based on what he'd seen,read and heard he was of the opinion that a contract had been offered and was being haggled over by Smurf and MA..I don't belive that he in any way claimed to have inside info on the matter

Must admit that i too thought that a contract had ben offered based solely on what i have read on here..bit I've no idea for certain if that is the case or not...latest inof I have read indicates that there is no contract on the table

Personally I'd like to see MA offered a contract that makes him stay..but that's all up to him and NS

I think you must be married to Geo then : have another read of 52,57,61,63 and if you honestly think he isnt insinuating that he knows there is a contract on the table for Adams to sign then we see things a lot differently : I dont think an administrator should be perpetuating myths like this personally when he knows nothing: going down bank this forum when a nothing subject like this gets more interest than the superb win on saturday.

Advert

My understanding is he has been offered a contract but has not, as yet, signed.

I hope the right balance is reached one way or the other, if the business is to be self sustainable it has to be within the budget confines. If it isnt then something will have to give way.

Please, tell us more, what is this statement based on? Understanding is much different to opinion. Understanding suggests somebody "in the know" has told you, opinion suggests that it has come from your mind. So come on, which one is it?

I think you must be married to Geo then : have another read of 52,57,61,63 and if you honestly think he isnt insinuating that he knows there is a contract on the table for Adams to sign then we see things a lot differently : I dont think an administrator should be perpetuating myths like this personally when he knows nothing: going down bank this forum when a nothing subject like this gets more interest than the superb win on saturday.

My post was just to say that I thought MA deserved a new contract as a reward for the brilliant work he has done at our club. Nothing else. Sorry if it has been misconstrued as something else.

I didn't read Geos previous statements that way....just that based on what he'd seen,read and heard he was of the opinion that a contract had been offered and was being haggled over by Smurf and MA..I don't belive that he in any way claimed to have inside info on the matter

Must admit that i too thought that a contract had ben offered based solely on what i have read on here..bit I've no idea for certain if that is the case or not...latest inof I have read indicates that there is no contract on the table

Personally I'd like to see MA offered a contract that makes him stay..but that's all up to him and NS

Can you imagine MA and Smurthwaite trying to haggle out a contract? Jeez, they are both as bad as one another. Both shoot from the hip and have egos the size of small countries.

They probably will both need to get over themselves before anything is sorted but I hope they do.

We could create something great.

I think you are struggling handling a single concept ; one of your previous posts told me "I think you ll find there's been a contract on the table for some time" in your usual condescending manner : how is that not pretending to know anything ?

He posted 'I think' which means its his opinion doesn't it? I don't see that as even remotely condescending..but that's just me I guess

I have no idea re any contract but I hope he is offered one good enough to have him accept it

I think you must be married to Geo then : have another read of 52,57,61,63 and if you honestly think he isnt insinuating that he knows there is a contract on the table for Adams to sign then we see things a lot differently

We probably do..what's the problem with that? I'm not having a go at you for seeing things very differenmtly to me

: I dont think an administrator should be perpetuating myths like this personally when he knows nothing

I don't think he is perpetuating myths

: going down bank this forum when a nothing subject like this gets more interest than the superb win on saturday.

Then stay out of the subject :) All part of what makes OVF so great to be part of

He posted 'I think' which means its his opinion doesn't it? I don't see that as even remotely condescending..but that's just me I guess

I have no idea re any contract but I hope he is offered one good enough to have him accept it

He posted "my understanding" which suggests someone had told him a contract was on the table, obviously a page or 2 later and it turns out he knows nothing but is just pushing his anti Adams agenda as per. Wonder how someone who never goes to a game can have such a loud opinion on our best manager in decades?

Can you imagine MA and Smurthwaite trying to haggle out a contract? Jeez, they are both as bad as one another. Both shoot from the hip and have egos the size of small countries.

Indeed..you could not be where they are without being like that. Maybe they should actually wrestle for it...that would bring in a decent crowd at VP. "Big Show" Adams versus Norman "Ultimate Warrior' Smurthwaite

He posted "my understanding" which suggests someone had told him a contract was on the table,

We'll have to agree to disagree on what "my understanding" means :)

obviously a page or 2 later and it turns out he knows nothing but is just pushing his anti Adams agenda as per. Wonder how someone who never goes to a game can have such a loud opinion on our best manager in decades?

I guess the view is based on non-football matters..I've only been to about 6 games in the past 3 years and I think Adams is great..but then I only know the results/tables and have no 'agenda'..not saying Goes does just that I don't

It doesn't really matter, does it? I too though Geo was implying that he had insider info confirming Adams had a contract on the table. It was his "I think you'll find" post.

However, he says he doesn't and he's just giving his opinion, just like the rest of us. I accept that.

The chairman has to run the club and make the decisions. Until such time as Adams produces our own youngsters able to play first team football on a regular basis, he is not worth a new contract. Is there any evidence that Adams will stay/be allowed to stay at any club for more than a few years? We need a long term policy to put the club on a sound financial basis and a long term manager of the ablility and loyalty of Rudge.

The chairman has to run the club and make the decisions. Until such time as Adams produces our own youngsters able to play first team football on a regular basis, he is not worth a new contract. Is there any evidence that Adams will stay/be allowed to stay at any club for more than a few years? We need a long term policy to put the club on a sound financial basis and a long term manager of the ablility and loyalty of Rudge.

HES NOT WORTH A NEW CONTRACT what do you base that on ?

Indeed..you could not be where they are without being like that. Maybe they should actually wrestle for it...that would bring in a decent crowd at VP. "Big Show" Adams versus Norman "Ultimate Warrior' Smurthwaite

It would have to be stick fighting at present.

Archived