onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Contract for Adams

SuperValiant1876

Advert

I believe this is going to be really tricky for the owner. I have heard lots of people bang on about the sort of money Adams is being paid. Whatever the figure it will be high for League 1. Question is can Port Vale afford to pay him possibly more given money is and is likely to be even tighter next season. On the other hand, can Port Vale not afford to pay it given what he has achieved?

What in the championship?

when wildes wanted him gone after the Bristol rovers game adams said pay me up now and ill walk now, no problem. not as commited as you lot think.
It is a job, with contractual terms, if a better offer comes you take it, if you fall out of favour you negotiate. If Adams, like anyone, gets a better offer he will go. Views on a better offer can change as you grow older, money may not be the biggest factor, the chance to become a legend or develop a club, or whatever maybe considered. Equally you have to maintain your usefulness as younger managers make their way in the football world.

It is a job, with contractual terms, if a better offer comes you take it, if you fall out of favour you negotiate. If Adams, like anyone, gets a better offer he will go. Views on a better offer can change as you grow older, money may not be the biggest factor, the chance to become a legend or develop a club, or whatever maybe considered. Equally you have to maintain your usefulness as younger managers make their way in the football world.

What he said.

Agreed : Or if Adams doesnt get an offer at all (which is possible) then again he will go : I guess my point is that none of us know the actual situation and snide remarks insinuating that the bloke is stalling over signing a new contract when for all we know the chairman has no intentions of even offering him one (which as the guy who puts the money in is his perogative), need to be challenged in my opinion.

when wildes wanted him gone after the Bristol rovers game adams said pay me up now and ill walk now, no problem. not as commited as you lot think.

Another person trying to make himself important : do you really think that you are privvy to any conversations between Adams and Wildes ? Unbelievable.

I would guess (and yes I admit its only a guess) that Adams is as comitted as anyone else in professional football, i.e. if a better offer comes along he would take it : however, look at Vale pre Adams what a shower we were and look at us now, compare your feelings coming off Vale Park after a 4.1 defeat by macclesfield only a few short seasons ago, adams came in and made us hard to beat, then turned us into one of the most attractive teams and highest scorers in the football league and now has us a win away from a position in the league 1 play offs and all on relatively low playing budget; for that alone he has my utmost respect.

Agreed : Or if Adams doesnt get an offer at all (which is possible) then again he will go : I guess my point is that none of us know the actual situation and snide remarks insinuating that the bloke is stalling over signing a new contract when for all we know the chairman has no intentions of even offering him one (which as the guy who puts the money in is his perogative), need to be challenged in my opinion.
Why should Adams not get an offer considering the teams performance this season, the steady improvement in our players? Varying tactics and bringing in young players like Williamson and Hugill will surely consolidate his position. As you say any contract negotiations are not public, also legal aspects have to be considered and take time.

He was obviously calling Wildes's bluff--and successfully so as it now turns out--i think we would all do the same if our employer hinted that they wanted us gone!

I have a funny feeling that Micky Adams will be leaving at the end of the season,when things are going well you often see the chairman with the manager talking things over,that doesn't seem to be the case at vale,they seem miles apart,that's why I think Micky will leave,things just don't seem right.

I have a funny feeling that Micky Adams will be leaving at the end of the season,when things are going well you often see the chairman with the manager talking things over,that doesn't seem to be the case at vale,they seem miles apart,that's why I think Micky will leave,things just don't seem right.

I must ask you which shop you get your 'crystal ball' from? Why is it that in any given situation we always have to have the 'conspiracy theorists'? For God's sake, please let MA get on with doing the job he's started and let Norman run the club!

Why should Adams not get an offer considering the teams performance this season, the steady improvement in our players? Varying tactics and bringing in young players like Williamson and Hugill will surely consolidate his position. As you say any contract negotiations are not public, also legal aspects have to be considered and take time.

I would offer him a contract of course I think he s doing a great job and hope he signs a 5 year deal : but my feeling is that the closer it gets to the end of his contract without him being offered a new one the more likelyhood there is that he ll leave for another club - i would imagine that he wont be short of offers of 3 years deals from lower league clubs once they realise they have a chance of getting him because he hasn't been offered a new contract. Also, we re not far off the Jan transfer window and it ll be hard to pursuade people to sign for Micky Adams if they know his contract runs out in May. Its Smurthwaites club of course and he ll do as he sees fit but i do think it would be a big mistake lose Adams: only time will tell I guess.

Either way it needs sorting by Christmas in my view. Which players would sign a new contract/join us in January with a manager who is going to leave at the end of the year? The likes of Lines, Neal, Dickinson etc.. are all out of contract in the summer, and will be wanted by clubs in this league (or in Lines' case, probably the league above).

Archived