onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Contract for Adams

SuperValiant1876

The comments on a previous thread that stated there was a dispute because adams hadnt signed the new contract but it was still ongoing... if he hasnt signed there must be one on offer for him not to sign.

He hasnt been offered a new contract: comments on a previous thread are just that, comments.

i hope he s offered a contract in line with the tremendous job he s doing but we ll all have to wait and see I guess: Its mr Smurthwaites money.

Advert

He hasnt been offered a new contract: comments on a previous thread are just that, comments.

i hope he s offered a contract in line with the tremendous job he s doing but we ll all have to wait and see I guess: Its mr Smurthwaites money.

I think you will find that a contract has been on the table for quite a while.

i rate adams, i rated rudge......the two best managers we have had in my lifetime watching vale

adams is worth a decent offer, he certainly should not be offered reduced terms

Got a feeling he wants off at the end of this contract, fed up with grief, doesn't feel loved by fans, done enough to get a more lucrative job elsewhere.

Agree with both posts absolutely. MA is a very good manager if not the most likeable of characters, but I don't need a hug from the manager just strong leadership and sound tactics.

It's also clear that anyone who's been through the Vale roller coaster ride of recent times may feel a little exhausted and at times exasperated.

Here's hoping we can keep MA, stabilise the Club and build for a Championship future. :fingerscrossed:

ValeForLife

:vale:

Got a feeling he wants off at the end of this contract, fed up with grief, doesn't feel loved by fans, done enough to get a more lucrative job elsewhere.
If he wants a quiet life then he would have to retire.

Just going to another club wouldn't mean he would have no grief or problems. As he already found out when leaving us for Sheffield United. If anything he would get more pressure as other clubs fans have higher expectations and really give the manager stick compared to ours.

Dont be silly George... where would I get inside knowledge... Ive never claimed to have any and never wanted any.

Its just my opinion [as always] given what I have read and heard.

So we have worked out that you have zero inside knowledge on the matter even though the ... implies that you want us to think you might be privy to such details. At least we have cleared that up.

Either way we have no right to know when or what Adams' contract is likely to be so it is better to just leave it there and hope that he signs.

So we have worked out that you have zero inside knowledge on the matter even though the ... implies that you want us to think you might be privy to such details. At least we have cleared that up.

Either way we have no right to know when or what Adams' contract is likely to be so it is better to just leave it there and hope that he signs.

You havent worked it out.. I openly admit it... I never suggested otherwise.

Why would I want you to think I am privy to any details?... I dont care what his contract entails, payment or otherwise, thats his business with smurf... Im simply stating that if smurf is working to a budget and adams gets an increase then the money has to come from somewhere else, if we only reach breakeven point something has to give way.. thats smurfs decision... I dont care what it is.

You havent worked it out.. I openly admit it... I never suggested otherwise.

Why would I want you to think I am privy to any details?... I dont care what his contract entails, payment or otherwise, thats his business with smurf... Im simply stating that if smurf is working to a budget and adams gets an increase then the money has to come from somewhere else, if we only reach breakeven point something has to give way.. thats smurfs decision... I dont care what it is.

Quite clearly a couple of your previous posts alluded to you knowing there was a contract offered when in fact there isnt : you know nothing so why not wait and see instead of trying to make out that Adams is stalling on signing one : just enjoy the fact that a win on sat and we are in the play off positions and try and not be so condescending : its quite ok to know nothing like the rest of us.

I didn't read Geos previous statements that way....just that based on what he'd seen,read and heard he was of the opinion that a contract had been offered and was being haggled over by Smurf and MA..I don't belive that he in any way claimed to have inside info on the matter

Must admit that i too thought that a contract had ben offered based solely on what i have read on here..bit I've no idea for certain if that is the case or not...latest inof I have read indicates that there is no contract on the table

Personally I'd like to see MA offered a contract that makes him stay..but that's all up to him and NS

Quite clearly a couple of your previous posts alluded to you knowing there was a contract offered when in fact there isnt : you know nothing so why not wait and see instead of trying to make out that Adams is stalling on signing one : just enjoy the fact that a win on sat and we are in the play off positions and try and not be so condescending : its quite ok to know nothing like the rest of us.

My posts are opinion... like everyone else, I dont pretend to know anything. I didnt suggest that adams was stalling, thats your interpretation, negotiating perhaps, isnt that what people do? My opinion is that adams was offered a contract which he hasnt signed, he may be trying to negotiate a better deal, or not, whether he signs or not is his decision, whether smurf ups the offer is his decision, none of which affects the results of games past. Its not difficult to handle 2 concepts at the same time.

My posts are opinion... like everyone else, I dont pretend to know anything. I didnt suggest that adams was stalling, thats your interpretation, negotiating perhaps, isnt that what people do? My opinion is that adams was offered a contract which he hasnt signed, he may be trying to negotiate a better deal, or not, whether he signs or not is his decision, whether smurf ups the offer is his decision, none of which affects the results of games past. Its not difficult to handle 2 concepts at the same time.

I think you are struggling handling a single concept ; one of your previous posts told me "I think you ll find there's been a contract on the table for some time" in your usual condescending manner : how is that not pretending to know anything ?

Like I say, you nor any of your usual circle of buddys know anything about the contract situation and to slant the discussion to insinuate that its just waiting for Adams to sign is annoying : Just accept that you know nothing and will have to wait and see without trying to influence others to take on board and propegate your negative views on a manager who is, much as you must detest it, doing a great job for Port Vale

I think you are struggling handling a single concept ; one of your previous posts told me "I think you ll find there's been a contract on the table for some time" in your usual condescending manner : how is that not pretending to know anything ?

Like I say, you nor any of your usual circle of buddys know anything about the contract situation and to slant the discussion to insinuate that its just waiting for Adams to sign is annoying : Just accept that you know nothing and will have to wait and see without trying to influence others to take on board and propegate your negative views on a manager who is, much as you must detest it, doing a great job for Port Vale

Well said.

Archived