onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Breakfast in burslem

Guppy 4 England

Advert

High Lane microwave their oatcakes. That relegates them to the bottom division. You can't microwave oatcakes it is just wrong.

I've still not found anyone that comes close to Hamil Road oatcakes.

Why not, the microwaves just make the water molecules in the oatcakes rotate and the O-H bond vibrate which gives off heat and warms/heats up the food whereas grilling oatcakes can often dry them out especially around the edges. Oatcakes and cheeys done in the microwave are delicious.

Fish done in the microwave also retains its moisture and is delicious.

High Lane microwave their oatcakes. That relegates them to the bottom division. You can't microwave oatcakes it is just wrong.

I've still not found anyone that comes close to Hamil Road oatcakes.

Hamil Road, warm them on the hotplate, while the bacon cooks and then puts it all together while the cheese melts in the middle. Always get a couple for the mid time snack in Vale Park.

Dipping a nice fresh hot oatcake into the centre of a running yellow yolk and scooping up a grilled mushroom into it.........slurp, slurp etc.:yes:

ah yes,bacon and egg oatcakes and as you devour it the egg yolk runs down your arm, elbow licking good.

I've alwasy liked oatacakes cold, buttered with slices of cheap cheddar and brown sauce

As well as hot with bacon and chaise

I would go with that except the cheap cheddar, if fact any cheddar, horrible stuff. Cheshire, Lancashire, Caerphilly are good.

Sadly its the only cheese available here except for the fruit cheeses, mango and cantaloupe etc, I bought some for cooking over a year ago, its hiding at the bottom of the freezer somewhere although I do grate some to mix with my fish bait occasionally.

Aaaaarrrrgggh! Sat here in Bangkok pining for an oatcake . My local bar the Red Onion is run by a Vale fan, Phil, who comes from Werrington !! Small world innit? We were both saying this week we would kill for an oatcake.....then you tell me about the Oatcake Tower........Holy Mary, mother of God! Juices flowing..............

Archived