onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Coventry City, 21 Sept. Pre Match/Match

Fosse69

I see one of Coventry's ex-players,Gary McSheffrey has signed for Chesterfield.

Yeah Chesterfield are flying at the moment and I fully expect them to be Champions of League 2. With players like Rico and McSheffrey on their books they have a better squad than most in League 1.

Could be pushing for a gate of around 9,000 if they bring 3,000 on Saturday then; which is roundabout our average gate so far after first 3 home league games so far.

It's been mentioned somewhere else but there is every likelihood them combined away followings of both Wolves and Coventry will match the total amount of all the 23 sides in League Two who visited Vale Park last season.:unsure: Says it all really.

4 points from our next 2 games is the target imo.

Advert

We're relying on the awful form of others and a 10 pt deduction (which will be irrelevant soon)

To be fair, mid table downwards you always expect/rely the teams around you to drop points. That's why they aren't in the top half. Every mid table club in every league in every seasons 'relies' on other clubs in this way.

Joe deserves another chance, he would be fine alongside an experienced player I think.

He's had more than enough chances and consistently proven that he isn't good enough. He wasn't good enough at L2 level so why even think of playing him at this level. Joe Davis isn't a pro-footballer - harsh but true.

Keep the same tactics as last week as IMO these are the tactics we should have adopted from Xmas last season never mind the start of this season. Not sure on who id play tho as i sadly didnt see the Orient game, however id bring Yates back in, drop Mohammed and keep Pope ad Dodds up top from what ive seen this season.

Id be tempted to throw Lines back in and see if being dropped provokes the right reaction. Move Loft to the left. Duffy into the centre in place of Chilvers and recall Yates. I would always start Hughes upfront at home although that maybe harsh on Dodds after his goal last week.

Line up:

Neal

Yates

Duffy

Robertson

Dickinson

JMW

Griff

Lines

Loft

Pope

Hughes

Fancy 3-2 either way.

I was at the 63/64 game as a teenager in the days when we were allowed to stand in the Hamil (open end of course at that time).

My recollections are that we won, was amazed at the Coventry boat song, and their keeper was named Lightning.

If anyone can confirm these memories I would be well pleased (particularly the last one).

Up the Vale

Id be tempted to throw Lines back in and see if being dropped provokes the right reaction. Move Loft to the left. Duffy into the centre in place of Chilvers and recall Yates. I would always start Hughes upfront at home although that maybe harsh on Dodds after his goal last week.

Line up:

Neal

Yates

Duffy

Robertson

Dickinson

JMW

Griff

Lines

Loft

Pope

Hughes

Fancy 3-2 either way.

I would go with that team as well.

I was at the 63/64 game as a teenager in the days when we were allowed to stand in the Hamil (open end of course at that time).

My recollections are that we won, was amazed at the Coventry boat song, and their keeper was named Lightning.

If anyone can confirm these memories I would be well pleased (particularly the last one).

Up the Vale

Dont know about the keeper but I am sure it was a draw 1-1in front of a massive 18k gate which was approx 12k larger than our normal gate.

We played them at Easter and in those days that meant a game at Coventry the following day!

I do remember the "Boat Song" Seemed as though as the whole of the Railway paddock was packed with Coventry supporters

Archived