onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The saying "the lunatics are taking over the asylem"...

Davebrad

Advert

Why put that steel wall up if they're going let vale n wolves fans mingle on Hamil road.?crazy descision..

The wall was designed to keep the bulk of fans apart on Vale property, this it did - the problem came when the fans mingled in Hamil Rd. I can understand the Police trying to keep the area behind the Hamil Rd stand for visiting fans only.

You really couldn't make this **** up

Does that make it true then? It seemed unlikely to me, and the trouble couldn`t possibly be caused by morons of our very own could it. These clowns need banning from the club before the police bill escalates to a level that cripples us again.

You really couldn't make this **** up

Agreed. Unfortunately some people like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that we don't have a hooligan problem, the person you quoted being one of them.

"Oh it's the fault of the Police, oh it's the fault of the Stoke fans who caused the ruck". Please, do me a favour and smell the coffee.

Vale have a significant number of hooligans out to cause trouble, in particular the local games against Shrewsbury, Crewe, yesterday etc where they turn up in large numbers.;

Upon walking up Hamil Road about 2.50pm yesterday; some of the scenes wouldn't have looked out of place in the Football Factory. Numerous riot vans, Police cars, saw at least 3 people lying on the floor with handcuffs on. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Few of my Wolves supporting mates weren't allowed in the Bulls Head after the game so I ended up meeting them in the Glebe by Stoke station where it was safer them. Upon bumping into a few Stoke 'lads' in there who were curious to know how the day went; they informed me that Vale had taken a mob of around 120 'lads' to Oldham last Saturday looking for a ruck.

Vale have a very serious hooligan problem, no doubt about. What worries me most if the repercussions and sanctions we could face given we were already in the news for our so called 'racism' claims; and as someone else has already mentioned; if Smurf decides that he has had enough of all this and may pack it in.:(

we could do with the next home game being with someone who wont bring a good following but thats not the case as we play coventry. all i want to do is watch a football match , on becoming a grandfather i was so looking forward to introduceing my grandaughter to vale park in the future but at the moment this looks like a long way off, would i want to put her in any kind of danger, no chance. if i was an away fan i wouldnt want to travel to vale park after this trouble yesterday

Take her in the Bycars,never any hassle and trouble free access to and from the ground if you approach from the north.

I'm sick to the teeth of all the excuses being put forward for the behaviour of a significant number of men( I cannot bring myself to call them fans) after yesterdays match .Amongst the excuses are :-

a) The police were at fault because they were too aggressive and got their tactics all wrong.

b) Some of the individuals involved hadn't been to the match and had turned up after to get involved.

c) There were some Stoke fans in the Wolves end.

d) There's always been trouble between Vale fans and Wolves fans.

I cannot understand the mentality of some people on OVF who call themselves fans and yet seek to justify or excuse what went on yesterday. In my view all true Vale fans should be standing together in condemning WITHOUT RESERVATION the actions of the people responsible for yesterdays violence.Make no mistake yesterday's events will have repercussions for months and years to come.One way or another we will all suffer as a consequence. The reputation of all decent Vale fans is now at rock bottom. The financial implications are plain for all to see.Increased policing bills together with decreased attendances through those who decide to keep away because Vale Park isn't the place to take their families on a Saturday afternoon will have a devastating effect on the clubs finances for the remainder of the season. Norman Smurthwaite's vision of making Port Vale a family club is in tatters and in my view he must now be wondering if he made the right decision in buying the club. He may even already be considering an exit strategy and, in the circumstances, who can blame him. Shame on those whose vile actions have tarnished the reputation of the club we all love and shame on those who seek to defend them.

Agreed. Unfortunately some people like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that we don't have a hooligan problem, the person you quoted being one of them.

"Oh it's the fault of the Police, oh it's the fault of the Stoke fans who caused the ruck". Please, do me a favour and smell the coffee.

Vale have a significant number of hooligans out to cause trouble, in particular the local games against Shrewsbury, Crewe, yesterday etc where they turn up in large numbers.;

Upon walking up Hamil Road about 2.50pm yesterday; some of the scenes wouldn't have looked out of place in the Football Factory. Numerous riot vans, Police cars, saw at least 3 people lying on the floor with handcuffs on. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Few of my Wolves supporting mates weren't allowed in the Bulls Head after the game so I ended up meeting them in the Glebe by Stoke station where it was safer them. Upon bumping into a few Stoke 'lads' in there who were curious to know how the day went; they informed me that Vale had taken a mob of around 120 'lads' to Oldham last Saturday looking for a ruck.

Vale have a very serious hooligan problem, no doubt about. What worries me most if the repercussions and sanctions we could face given we were already in the news for our so called 'racism' claims; and as someone else has already mentioned; if Smurf decides that he has had enough of all this and may pack it in.:(

An excellent post mate

I'm sick to the teeth of all the excuses being put forward for the behaviour of a significant number of men( I cannot bring myself to call them fans) after yesterdays match .Amongst the excuses are :-

a) The police were at fault because they were too aggressive and got their tactics all wrong.

b) Some of the individuals involved hadn't been to the match and had turned up after to get involved.

I cannot understand the mentality of some people on OVF who call themselves fans and yet seek to justify or excuse what went on yesterday. In my view all true Vale fans should be standing together in condemning WITHOUT RESERVATION the actions of the people responsible for yesterdays violence.Make no mistake yesterday's events will have repercussions for months and years to come.One way or another we will all suffer as a consequence. The reputation of all decent Vale fans is now at rock bottom. The financial implications are plain for all to see.Increased policing bills together with decreased attendances through those who decide to keep away because Vale Park isn't the place to take their families on a Saturday afternoon will have a devastating effect on the clubs finances for the remainder of the season. Norman Smurthwaite's vision of making Port Vale a family club is in tatters and in my view he must now be wondering if he made the right decision in buying the club. He may even already be considering an exit strategy and, in the circumstances, who can blame him. Shame on those whose vile actions have tarnished the reputation of the club we all love and shame on those who seek to defend them.

Here, here! It's like being an alcy, the first step is to admit you have a problem & we have a problem!

If you are not going to post the truth mate I would suggest you keep your rumour mongering and lies to your self, reading your other posts on similar subjects you are quite clearly an apologist for cretins as you always seem to blame somebody else, but then again it's always somebody else's fault ain't it, yesterday it was the police and Wolves fans, now this morning it's stoke fans, for gods sake if you haven't got anything constructive to add then sod off

Sure your not a wolves fan?

Agreed, Just as we are starting to get increased crowds with fans coming back who haven't been for years we get this happening. Everything that we have gained over the last 12 months with new owners, promotion, new ambitions and the prospect of better players could be thrown away in the last two weeks. Already Smurf has said the Lorne st family stand will not be finished because of increased police bills and this is going to affect the players budget as i can see crowds dropping to below 6 or even 5 thousand because many decent fans with families will stay away.

Archived