onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The saying "the lunatics are taking over the asylem"...

Davebrad

Surely safety comes first, but were they not detaining people on Hamil Road?

Is it true you can only detain fans if they know it's for safety reasons?? Given the iron fence , upgraded police status and arrests during and before the game , why did the police think it wouldn't kick off after ? Also why did they bottleneck the fans to clash outside the club shop where there were no police present??? By the time the police arrived it had kicked off anyway.

Still why let poor policing and at a stupidly excessive cost get in the way of blaming vale for everything that's happened

Advert

Is it true you can only detain fans if they know it's for safety reasons?? Given the iron fence , upgraded police status and arrests during and before the game , why did the police think it wouldn't kick off after ? Also why did they bottleneck the fans to clash outside the club shop where there were no police present??? By the time the police arrived it had kicked off anyway.

Still why let poor policing and at a stupidly excessive cost get in the way of blaming vale for everything that's happened

Common sense I would have thought.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned; but did anyone else hear the comments of "Hold the line", on the video down Hamil Road straight after the game?:laugh:

Wasn't this the same phrase that was used by someone a few seasons back which got mentioned, has the same person orchestrated the trouble again?:unsure:

do you mean that clown on the video a couple of seasons back when trouble broke out in the town centre,thought he'd gone back to the nut house.

do you mean that clown on the video a couple of seasons back when trouble broke out in the town centre,thought he'd gone back to the nut house.

Les?

Took the mickey out of the police for implementing some bizarre strategy when there was no threat?

It was if they had to do something, anything, to justify their presence.

They then 'held the line', filed forward and grabbed the nearest bystanders and charged them with affray.

Grotesquely proving his point.

Sniping apologists like you are the reason that they can still get away with it today.

Just because I'm a Vale fan doesn't mean that I'm responsible for policing our hooligans.

I've absolutely no interest in 'eradicating' them just as I've no interest in taking on local drug dealers.

I don't equate criticising a flawed police operation with supporting hooliganism.

If a police representative creates an OVF login to assure fans that their intelligence unit had things in hand and that the game would be policed in a manner that would ensure that 'Staffordshire Police are working to keep everyone safe' then surely they can be held resonsible if that didn't happen?

I also note that their original post has been 'redacted' so that their 'intelligence' unit is no longer mentioned.

Rob, I thought that posts couldn't be edited after a certain period of time?

I went to the match with the wife and we decided to leave the paddock round the back of the bycars and up lorne st., not because we were worried about being attacked by wolves fans or getting caught up in vale/wolves but, based on previous experience, we expected to be forced down the Hamil or direectly into the path of opposing supporters, which seems to be the typical police tactic.

I wasn't particularly surprised to hear that, despite the steel wall initiative, they stuck to the same MO.

If I get burgled I don't say it's the burglar's fault, the police have got a tough job, I was brought up to respect the police, so should the burglars, I live in Burslem therefore I should acknowledge that we have a problem with burglars!

I don't expect to hear any reports of officers drawing truncheons to people making their way home, police dogs biting people, or rogue officers losing control.

These reports haven't been isolated, several people have reported unacceptable police behaviour.

The police seem to think that they can use social media as and when it suits (I include OVF in this).

But what they obviously haven't considered is that their lack of response and redaction of OVF posts is picked up by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

It's not a one way propaganda exercise.

I would like to think that this is the first step on the road to some kind of accountability.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned; but did anyone else hear the comments of "Hold the line", on the video down Hamil Road straight after the game?:laugh:

Wasn't this the same phrase that was used by someone a few seasons back which got mentioned, has the same person orchestrated the trouble again?:unsure:

I heard it, it made me smile but I was certain it was the police saying it to each other

have the printed faces in the paper yet?? I've been away for a few days so not seen the papers

Well it certainly wasn't Les.

He was sat next to me in the car heading straight home for a quiet night in.

Reformed character; is Les!

Yes Les, that was the guy who made the infamous quote v Shrewsbury as another poster mentioned.:laugh:

Few some Vale fans were sarcastically saying it to one another after the game. Glad I wasn't the only one who had a chuckle.:yes:

Archived