onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Office

andy jones

How did we ever sell 8,000 for Liverpool ,8,000 for Aston Villa 28,000 for Wembley.Did we have an online ticketing system for those games?Did everyone buy their tickets on the day?.It's been said already,get your tickets before Saturday.Away fans coming to Vale shouldn't be a problem .Let their clubs have the tickets beforehand and they can be bought at their own grounds.Ted coped,what's the problem?:D
Do some people want to walk up to the Railway, pay at an empty turnstile, at 5 to 3? Any one else want to be in Conference North?

Advert

The problem with this all ticket malarky is that all the benefits are for the club and there are non for the customer, all the customer gets is more hassle and unfortunately you will get some who just can't be bothered with it. It will not affect me as I'm a season ticket holder but for a cup game it will and it is just more hassle that for say a game in the Paint Pot RD1 is something I Would prefer not to have to do but will do as I have no choice but IT WILL put some off on a wet Tuesday night in November. It has certainly stopped me attending other clubs(when Vale are not playing!) instead I opt for a non league game where I can turn up at 2.30pm hand over my cash at the turnstile and then go straight in! I do think we maybe would have benefitted from having at least one area of the ground as a cash only stand(especially for the cup games where there is more demand as season ticket holders have to buy a ticket!-I Dread to think what will happen for the League Cup match against Walsall game, I can see a delayed kick off now!).

Does anybody think that the drop in gate against Leicester from the Derby game may have been a result of the all ticket scheme?

There won't be any issues unless you **** about and walk up to get your ticket ten minutes before kick-off.

I'm under the impression that away fans will get their tickets from our old ticket office, too. :)

been told the away supporters will get there tickets from a porta cabin, railway tickets from new ticket office & bycars & lorne st from old ticket office.

Is it really to difficult to get your ticket in the week,via family member,friend.Or download the ticket and print it off(when that part of the system is online)

Those who dont come on here or use computers etc wont even know theres a problem and will just turn up at 5 to 3 and there could be a load of them.

The club needs to ensure that there are announcements in local press and on local radio regarding having to get a ticket before getting to the turnstiles (if they haven't already) and keep making those announcements at every opportunity for the first few weeks of the season, in match programs and before the bigger games.

Those who dont come on here or use computers etc wont even know theres a problem and will just turn up at 5 to 3 and there could be a load of them.

I had to queue once for 1.5 hours to get off Alton Towers car park, I did go back though

Ok, am i missing something?

For those who are on about people who dont come on here, my father is one of them. He has no printer and barely opens his laptop.

I spoke to him last week with regards to the Brentford game.

He knew it was all ticket.

I asked him about getting his ticket and he said he would get it in the week sometime or even Saturday morning.

He also said it would be common sense to do that so we have piece of mind and dont have to worry about buying one at ten to three.

We did this for both the Northampton games and Burton games.

If people bowl up to the ground at 2.45 and dont have a ticket then more fool them. There really is no excuse.

Those with common sense will buy beforehand, those without will wait until the last minute and miss kick off.

away tickets been twice to ticket office for a ticket for the away game at Colchester still not on sale vale have had then since the 5th july told they are going on sale sunday family open day still no sign of season ticket or are they to be collected from ticket office sunday

Ok, am i missing something?

For those who are on about people who dont come on here, my father is one of them. He has no printer and barely opens his laptop.

I spoke to him last week with regards to the Brentford game.

He knew it was all ticket.

I asked him about getting his ticket and he said he would get it in the week sometime or even Saturday morning.

He also said it would be common sense to do that so we have piece of mind and dont have to worry about buying one at ten to three.

We did this for both the Northampton games and Burton games.

If people bowl up to the ground at 2.45 and dont have a ticket then more fool them. There really is no excuse.

Those with common sense will buy beforehand, those without will wait until the last minute and miss kick off.

All last season we bought tickets before going to the pub because it was common sense, but there will still be a lot who wont. The problem lies in the fact that whatever you tell them some will still arrive at 5 to 3 . These will in a lot of cases be floaters ie those that we need to impress enough to get them to come again. They are where the growth and extra players lies and we cant afford not to retain them.

Does anybody think that the drop in gate against Leicester from the Derby game may have been a result of the all ticket scheme?

It resulted in -1, because I couldn't be bothered - if the club cant find 25-30 honest stoke-on-trent people to man the turnstiles and take money then I will only go when I have received my season ticket. For Cup matches I will only go when I can book on line.

How long have they had to look at other club's ticket shops and look for the Do's and Don'ts of flow management. Doesn't our secretary speak with other clubs ? Against Derby the outside doors were shut and you had to go in through the shop !

Why ? There was no new merchandise to look at - shirts are still ..... on the way.

Archived